Coronavirus

11 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

But we had set yip for more, so obviously we have expected more, thought you was clever ffs ?

Im not clever at all.....but when a new hospital built to cope with 4000 patients only has 19.......it either suggests an absolute tidal wave is coming....or someone f****d up somewhere along the line !

• Like 2

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I know what you mean me and my youngest lad are going wild camping for a few days he's austic and has a mad interest in sas so I have set it up with one of my perms were we will set up in a wood survi

"We fell asleep in one world, and woke up in another. Suddenly Disney is out of magic, Paris is no longer romantic, New York doesn’t stand up anymore, the Chinese wall is no longer a fortress, and Mec

Ok lads, now ive had a couple of emails sent to me, one of em, well what can i say, im not very good with words, but these come from the heart, Gnasher, hes offered me more help, than 4 charities that

Posted Images

20 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

But we had set yip for more, so obviously we have expected more, thought you was clever ffs ?

Thousands of people dying and you find it funny.

Many hospitals are at capacity, even though the NHS has undergone a massive change to increase it intensive beds yet thousand are dying because they are not being sent to hospital.

As to the nightingale hospitals they are not set up for ITU patients but for those recovering so can only begin to function once we have enough patients recovering,  but if a large percentage are dying at home or in care homes they won't be getting the chance to recover and in truth I doubt they will ever be used to a large degree because there isn't enough staff to man them, they are a political stunt as much as anything. 

Edited by sandymere
8 hours ago, Chaff said:

You would think that would make an ideal opportunity to give a few of our own grown couch potatoes a chance for some work experience.

Fookin crazy world this is at present 

I agree why have we not seen the government launch a massive advertising campaign to recruit young Brits to get out and do this work for a decent little wage....all done in the same spirit and enthusiasm we are supporting the NHS with every day....this clapping lark has gone from spontaneous appreciation to some barmy enforced jollity where once again the media/government push this cult like mentality on us and abuse each and every nice little idea that comes up to feather their own nests.......and dont give me that " Brits wouldnt do it for that money ".....cut their benefits and give them only the bare essentials to live and an unpicked tomato will be like cake to a fat kid !!

• Like 7
17 minutes ago, sandymere said:

Thousands of people dying and you find it funny.

Many hospitals are at capacity, even though the NHS has undergone a massive change to increase it intensive beds yet thousand are dying because they are not being sent to hospital.

As to the nightingale hospitals they are not set up for ITU patients but for those recovering so can only begin to function once we have enough patients recovering,  but if a large percentage are dying at home or in care homes they won't be getting the chance to recover and in truth I doubt they will ever be used to a large degree because there isn't enough staff to man them, they are a political stunt as much as anything. 

I dont know enough about it all to be honest,like most folk im all eyes and ears at the moment but on the subject of recovery.....i keep an eye on the Worldometers site for stats....have you got any idea why we are the only country in the world with N/A in the Total Recovered column ?....i cant work it out ?

Edited by gnasher16

Well mrs best mate a sister in local hospital, doing 16 hr shifts ,going home f****d through giving CPR  countless times ,staying with people dying on there own ,no family, an shes a proper nurse ,with nothing but kindness and caring ,just dropped off a load of masks ,gloves ,sanitizer to her ,I work for a medical company, and do what I can for her ! 

• Like 12
35 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

IMO the country prepared for a worst situation than we are in as a sensible precaution but we never quite got there as the lockdown/social distancing stuff had the desired effect.

I'd optimistically say we have seen the worst of it and we'll see a continued downward trend, like Germany, Italy, Spain etc. How we get back to 'normality' and keep it down is the next challenge.

898816839_UK-DailyDeaths.png.722ef16153d801ceee91f877370ef813.png

See how we're peaking again at the moment? That looks to be the start of a downward trend of successive peaks. And before anyone says, yes this is official NHS deaths, not 'all' deaths but from what I've seen it's representative of the trend.

• Like 1

Arrrrrr right i get it now......i bit someones head off a bit on the phone earlier for keep using the word " peak " and " downward trend " in the same sentence ?

Got it....so it go,s up but not as far as last time it went up why didnt he just say that....crude but simple !!

• Haha 4
21 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

I agree why have we not seen the government launch a massive advertising campaign to recruit young Brits to get out and do this work for a decent little wage....all done in the same spirit and enthusiasm we are supporting the NHS with every day....this clapping lark has gone from spontaneous appreciation to some barmy enforced jollity where once again the media/government push this cult like mentality on us and abuse each and every nice little idea that comes up to feather their own nests.......and dont give me that " Brits wouldnt do it for that money ".....cut their benefits and give them only the bare essentials to live and an unpicked tomato will be like cake to a fat kid !!

I really think Boris missed this mate

Would of been a good moral boosting moment to announce such and idea what with Brexit as well going on.

Think Boris is due another appearance soon he's now living proof why you shouldn't go around shaking peoples hands at the moment .?

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Arrrrrr right i get it now......i bit someones head off a bit on the phone earlier for keep using the word " peak " and " downward trend " in the same sentence ?

Got it....so it go,s up but not as far as last time it went up why didnt he just say that....crude but simple !!

Yeah exactly. Each peak is separated by the average incubation period for the disease. Other types of epidemic will have different behaviour and so the epidemiologists study the behaviour to figure out what type of epidemic it is and therefore how to deal with it. I find it quite interesting learning new stuff at times like this.

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, waltjnr said:

Well mrs best mate a sister in local hospital, doing 16 hr shifts ,going home f****d through giving CPR  countless times ,staying with people dying on there own ,no family, an shes a proper nurse ,with nothing but kindness and caring ,just dropped off a load of masks ,gloves ,sanitizer to her ,I work for a medical company, and do what I can for her ! 

must be a big strain on that poor lady mate, if you can, get your lady give her a pat o the back from me

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
24 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

...have you got any idea why we are the only country in the world with N/A in the Total Recovered column ?....i cant work it out ?

Not 100% sure on this but we won't have a number for recovered patients , because there not testing after symptoms have passed .. I know of an 80+ yr old woman who has no symptoms now after testing positive and hospital are sending her to a nursing home , family member asked doctor is that her clear of covid-19 and he said he couldn't say wether she was her wasn't just that she was free of symptoms

Heard some bad news today...

A friend of mine lost his dad last Sunday, he was 80.and had Corona virus (I'm unsure of other ailments etc).

His mother got taken in on Wednesday and died today, she had cancer but had shown Corona symptoms..they said she only had a short while left and she was dead in 2 days...

Corona aside, what a terrible situation to lose both parents inside a week...hes a good old lad, close to his folks I know he will be broken up with this...

• Sad 6