Coronavirus

1 minute ago, Francie said:

Gone explains to us Chris what blame lyes with trump? 

So you don't agree that the w. H. O f****d up up? 

I posted it earlier in the thread, mate, but you won't read it and you won't agree with it. It's pointless conversing with you about it.

I've literally just posted that I don't want to see any funding for the UN and it's subsidiaries. It's the post above yours.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I know what you mean me and my youngest lad are going wild camping for a few days he's austic and has a mad interest in sas so I have set it up with one of my perms were we will set up in a wood survi

"We fell asleep in one world, and woke up in another. Suddenly Disney is out of magic, Paris is no longer romantic, New York doesn’t stand up anymore, the Chinese wall is no longer a fortress, and Mec

Ok lads, now ive had a couple of emails sent to me, one of em, well what can i say, im not very good with words, but these come from the heart, Gnasher, hes offered me more help, than 4 charities that

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Mickey Finn said:

Thanks for asking Chris. It sounds like you guys are either very lucky with location and climate working in your favor. Or it's just starting for you. I hope you were lucky! The folks traveling from across the country is the height of irresponsibility. But fleeing is a natural response I guess.

Hard to call on the timeline but I'm quite please the way UT has handled it so far. Salt Lake area is the worst hit but lockdowns are confined to 3 counties and statewide is advisory. We're one of the 8 states that hasn't gone full lockdown. We have a lot of businesses still op but we're hurting like everyone else. This part of the state is very sparsely populated which has helped tremendously. I don't know anyone personally that has suffered from it and we've only had one recorded C19 death in the 5 counties that make up Southern UT as of this morning.

5 minutes ago, Mickey Finn said:

They are saying we are rated #3 on cases and deaths. Hopefully we'll reach our "peak" soon. Curiously while facilities handling corona virus are swamped with bodies stored in trailers. The hospital nearest me was emptied and closed. I learned of this before it was in the news because my neighbors mother was there on a ventilator. As soon as she was weaned off of it she was transferred to the big temporary facility in Detroit. Can you even imagine. Otherwise, there was a protest in our state capital Lansing. Trump banners and guys parading around with AR's. What are you gonna do?

Good luck out there!

I've noticed that Michigan is getting a lot more news coverage these days and it makes grim reading. I'm not surprised with conditions as I've heard similar anecdotal ones from NY too. I read about the protest too, in a couple of articles, and I found myself shaking my head the entire time. It's truly baffling how some are reacting and hopefully our exposure to these events will shape future action from individuals as I truly don't believe the Fed is handling this as well as they should be with the trillions we give them.

Stay safe, mate! Hope you're able to ride this one out without too heavy a penalty. It's one ride we're all taking whether we like it or not! :thumbs:

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, sandymere said:

The WHO gave good advive based on years of experience dealing with infectious disease around the world, just us numpties didn't follow it.

The expert opinion from 

Helen Ward is professor of public health at Imperial College London.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/apr/15/uk-government-coronavirus-science-who-advice

23 March seems to be the day everyone got the message finally. That's when Michigan and Ohio made their separate though similar executive orders on social distancing etc.

Mostly speaking about the article linked above:  I agree we should listen to the science on matters of science. But you can't expect the "World Leaders" (Boris, and Donald come to mind here) to derail a system that is really catching it's stride. Without them exploring other options and factoring the impact. Here we have it pretty bad in the urban areas and the rural areas have it better. So, some see the impact the virus is having and some only see that they can't go to work or fishing. (Obviously, fishing is more important than work.)

Here we are having problems with compliance and even protests as I mentioned above. So, even if our leaders make the right call in a timely fashion. There is only so much you can do with enforcement. The solution? I don't know... Better education wouldn't hurt.

• Like 3
11 minutes ago, Mickey Finn said:

23 March seems to be the day everyone got the message finally. That's when Michigan and Ohio made their separate though similar executive orders on social distancing etc.

Mostly speaking about the article linked above:  I agree we should listen to the science on matters of science. But you can't expect the "World Leaders" (Boris, and Donald come to mind here) to derail a system that is really catching it's stride. Without them exploring other options and factoring the impact. Here we have it pretty bad in the urban areas and the rural areas have it better. So, some see the impact the virus is having and some only see that they can't go to work or fishing. (Obviously, fishing is more important than work.)

Here we are having problems with compliance and even protests as I mentioned above. So, even if our leaders make the right call in a timely fashion. There is only so much you can do with enforcement. The solution? I don't know... Better education wouldn't hurt.

Definitely need better education re science and critical thinking both sides of the water. Alas the politicians ever pick the expert that fits their agendas. 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, king said:

Do you want me to pay a subscription fee to the financial Times...

They have occasionally produced some interesting articles but sorry link did not work, basically we are massively underestimating death rates.

Column chart of Increase in death registrations in week ending April 3 showing Rising deaths outside hospitals are not being recorded as coronavirus

Edited by sandymere
1 minute ago, sandymere said:

https://www.ft.com/content/9d6b46e2-55f4-4de1-ba21-f1ab9f14bcbf

just subscribe and the financial world is your oyster..................?

I will never pay any money to read what someone has wrote in a newspaper.

That's why I don't buy a newspaper.

Or listen to what film actors or singers have to say on the subject.

They don't know anymore than you and I.

You will learn more from people on here.

Boots on the ground etc.

2 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Can’t read the article, I’m not asking what article an where I’m asking where folk are dying quicker than we thought an when is it happening ? I’m seeing an hearing diff things, yes it’s here, yes it’s deadly but in no way is it ripping through the nhs like folk worried it would, are all these temp hospitals actually being used yet? Are hospitals struggling? An we are all on lockdown so how is it going to spread as fast as you think?

deaths well above normal range - line chart

Just now, W. Katchum said:

Iv just said it here an deadly, didn’t I? But you are saying it’s worse than we thought, but yet we have set up temp hospitals an emergency plans that ain’t even been out in place yet. So to me that says it’s not as bad as first thought ? 

I dont think we have got there yet . . . . .

9 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Iv just said it here an deadly, didn’t I? But you are saying it’s worse than we thought, but yet we have set up temp hospitals an emergency plans that ain’t even been out in place yet. So to me that says it’s not as bad as first thought ? 

6000 people dying in a week above normal expectations " not as bad as we thought"???

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/apr/08/icu-doctor-covid-crisis-hospital

Edited by sandymere