Coronavirus

3 hours ago, scotty12 said:

It’s only been around and approved  for 65 years mate all of a sudden there needing to test it for side effects to see if its bad for you and don’t take it  etc etc. 

I understand that, mate. But it's a malaria drug and malaria is still a massive killer across the world. As C19 has only been a 1st world problem for a couple of months they're testing it to see if it's effective against this virus and whether the risks of taking it when you don't have malaria are beneficial versus the side effects if it's not. It's a damn good drug for malaria but the jury is still out against C19, no?

3 hours ago, scotty12 said:

the number one reason your not hearing about it is because it’s cheap and readily available there’s not a Great deal of money to be made from it trump has ordered millions from India and Brazil President has also just ordered millions from India 

Been hearing about it a lot this side of the pond, mate, along with a few brand new still in test treatments. One of them being tested is an anti-HIV drug. Interesting that that they're saying they're for asymptomatic patients working along side sufferers but their side effects are also listed as the symptoms of C19.

There is a huge amount of money to be made from it as big pharma make far more money from the sale of drugs than they ever have for the sale of vaccines. That being said if Trump and Bolsonaro have just ordered millions of units of it, from India, then surely the new demand will outstrip the current supply, akin to panic buying, and the price is sure to rise countering that while it have been cheap and readily available it won't be in the coming weeks?

If it works for C19 that's great as it has already done the tests, trials, and release that all drugs have to go to but it's hardly a miracle cure at this stage. If people start stripping the shelves of the local chemists, based on this untested possibility, how many new people risk infection trying to find the cure? Or not as the case may be? :hmm:

• Like 1

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I know what you mean me and my youngest lad are going wild camping for a few days he's austic and has a mad interest in sas so I have set it up with one of my perms were we will set up in a wood survi

"We fell asleep in one world, and woke up in another. Suddenly Disney is out of magic, Paris is no longer romantic, New York doesn’t stand up anymore, the Chinese wall is no longer a fortress, and Mec

Ok lads, now ive had a couple of emails sent to me, one of em, well what can i say, im not very good with words, but these come from the heart, Gnasher, hes offered me more help, than 4 charities that

Posted Images

43 minutes ago, WILF said:

Lock down extended for another 3 weeks here in Ireland 

Not sure how true this is, but I heard Spain were already considering closing it’s doors to summer tourism. Which is fcuking mind boggling! 

• Like 2
15 minutes ago, Accip74 said:

Not sure how true this is, but I heard Spain were already considering closing it’s doors to summer tourism. Which is fcuking mind boggling! 

It's proper mad that isn't it, but I can't see em allowing folk to flood in any time soon. 

Sad to see groups of fighting bulls being sent to the slaughter house as feria after feria is cancelled. 

• Like 2

this is going to be a bollix of a time,ive not stirred far from home in 2 weeks..theres nothing to do ,ive no paint ,timber or anything else left about...what were going to do for the next month ive no idea lol....its down to all theses dicks wandering and driving about going to beaches ,woodlands and anywhere they fancy ...im bate from walking dogs lol...the dogs are bate from being walked ...ARRRGHHHH lol

• Like 1
1 minute ago, jigsaw said:

this is going to be a bollix of a time,ive not stirred far from home in 2 weeks..theres nothing to do ,ive no paint ,timber or anything else left about...what were going to do for the next month ive no idea lol....its down to all theses dicks wandering and driving about going to beaches ,woodlands and anywhere they fancy ...im bate from walking dogs lol...the dogs are bate from being walked ...ARRRGHHHH lol

Agree with you jig, but what the f**k is bate?! ??

• Haha 2

well im not prepared to take much more of this isolation, im sat here and its like a babys arm, ive just stuck mi head out the front bedroom window, and owd Gladys is waving to me, ok shes got her teeth in soak and wearing her willies, eh couldn't give a monkies

• Haha 8
39 minutes ago, Balaur said:

Same result no? Minus getting stabbed....without sounding like an anti, but I don't see it of any difference to the bull....

Maybe,maybe not. I guess its the same as a coursing man hating to see a hare shot. 

• Like 1

I've just been told by  mate that one of our old work colleagues  mum has died from the virus and his step dad is critically ill in hospital with it ,also  a 32 year old life guard in top physical condition from his local sports centre has died after 2 weeks on a coma with it ...brings the reality of the situation home when people you know are dying...stay safe people. 

• Sad 1