Coronavirus

The way yesterday’s deaths were reported was completely and totally wrong and designed to spread fear so people carried on staying indoors. There were actually only 117 who died yesterday and the rest were deaths from previous days now thought to be due to Covid 19 some as far back as 05/03. Until the way deaths are reported and the media start reporting facts not fear we will be unable to get a clear picture as to if the numbers are falling. This is information that whilst buried was available on the bbc, telegraph, Sky, guardian and pretty much all major news outlets.

07FED75B-F857-4574-95FA-B88AC0A70662.png

Edited by Bobtheferret
  • Like 1

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I know what you mean me and my youngest lad are going wild camping for a few days he's austic and has a mad interest in sas so I have set it up with one of my perms were we will set up in a wood survi

"We fell asleep in one world, and woke up in another. Suddenly Disney is out of magic, Paris is no longer romantic, New York doesn’t stand up anymore, the Chinese wall is no longer a fortress, and Mec

Ok lads, now ive had a couple of emails sent to me, one of em, well what can i say, im not very good with words, but these come from the heart, Gnasher, hes offered me more help, than 4 charities that

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

What about if it works?

As in the government are happy with 90% in proper self lockdown.

And let the 10% go about there business.as the NHS can cope with less.numbers getting infected.

I'm still of the thinking that untill a vaccine is made this virus ain't disappearing anytime soon..

And the government know that. 

• Like 3
16 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

What about if it works?

I've seen figures suggesting that only 4% of the population had/have likely to have had this virus  so far with 9k deaths  if those figures are correct  then we'd be looking at  225k dead for the whole population.

Is this a figure we could live with? Easy to throw numbers around until one of those numbers is a loved one of ours.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Bobtheferret said:

The way yesterday’s deaths were reported was completely and totally wrong and designed to spread fear so people carried on staying indoors. There were actually only 117 who died yesterday and the rest were deaths from previous days now thought to be due to Covid 19 some as far back as 05/03. Until the way deaths are reported and the media start reporting facts not fear we will be unable to get a clear picture as to if the numbers are falling. This is information that whilst buried was available on the bbc, telegraph, Sky, guardian and pretty much all major news outlets.

07FED75B-F857-4574-95FA-B88AC0A70662.png

Disregard what the right numbers or not, the NHS and  care homes etc, they still people every day from this fookin virus, and if it keep thick twats away from each other on lock down so  be it. 

• Like 2
17 minutes ago, kanny said:

I've seen figures suggesting that only 4% of the population had/have likely to have had this virus  so far with 9k deaths  if those figures are correct  then we'd be looking at  225k dead for the whole population.

Is this a figure we could live with? Easy to throw numbers around until one of those numbers is a loved one of ours.

I'm not 'throwing' anything around.

I said, "what if it works" in response to suggestions that the current UK strategy is insufficient, neither here nor there. If the UK's moderate lockdown achieves the same as a full lockdown then surely it has worked? And in doing so we haven't sacrificed everything to achieve that.

Yesterday was six days after the peak of the last wave... No matter what we had done it was going to be a bad day. The next six days will really tell us whether of not this moderate lockdown has worked.

Edited by Born Hunter
  • Thanks 1
13 minutes ago, king said:

As in the government are happy with 90% in proper self lockdown.

And let the 10% go about there business.as the NHS can cope with less.numbers getting infected.

I'm still of the thinking that untill a vaccine is made this virus ain't disappearing anytime soon..

And the government know that. 

I've sort of said what I meant in response to kanny. I'm saying that I'd like to see the case to prove that a full martial law style lockdown would be achieving significantly more than what this current moderate one is.

I agree, the virus won't just die if we hide and we can't hide forever anyway. But as we learn about it we can adapt strategy to contain and fight it. A good vaccine may be the ultimate solution but there are more tactics open to us than that.

• Like 3
5 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

I'm not 'throwing' anything around.

I said, "what if it works" in response to suggestions that the current UK strategy is insufficient, neither here nor there. If the UK's moderate lockdown achieves the same as a full lockdown then surely it has worked? And it doing so we haven't sacrificed everything to achieve that.

Yesterday was six days after the peak of the last wave... No matter what we had done it was going to be a bad day. The next six days will really tell us whether of not this moderate lockdown has worked.

I wasn't suggesting you were its was a generalization its easy to forget people are behind the numbers that are thrown at us.

We are where we are but I've I said before I think that we had a good chance of nipping this in the bud early doors mistakes have been made and questions need to be asked about government policy on this when this is over.

It's all about stemming flow now and giving our services chance to cope and in that respect I think we are going about things the right way. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, kanny said:

I wasn't suggesting you were its was a generalization its easy to forget people are behind the numbers that are thrown at us.

We are where we are but I've I said before I think that we had a good chance of nipping this in the bud early doors mistakes have been made and questions need to be asked about government policy on this when this is over.

It's all about stemming flow now and giving our services chance to cope and in that respect I think we are going about things the right way. 

Fair :thumbs:

Of course we will need to reassess our policies and strategies after this. They're adapting even now, never mind afterwards. It appears that old strategies were based on an influenza epidemic. Some folks are already blaming the government. I just think it's very easy to blame them but it's not exactly in the interest of a 5year administration to direct appropriate resources to plan for a once in a century event when the people that give them power are more concerned about when they can claim state pension and how often their bins are collected. We're all responsible for that.

Got to be honest mate, the only factor I've seen that looks to have stood out in containing this disease early has been large scale testing and contact tracing. The countries that had the capacity to do that as fast as possible have shined. Nationwide lockdowns seem to be something of a last resort, though clearly they do work.

• Like 2

What are you re-infection % over there ?

We were at 33% and now we are below 10%
So apparently 1 person was infecting 4 people and now we are nearly at 1 person infects just over 1 person (if that makes sense?) 

Pushing hard now for another 3 weeks to get it below that 

35 minutes ago, kanny said:

I think there is a very simple reason that you didn’t stop earlier over there mate, it’s because as a nation you are set up that the economy matters most, it’s a debt economy and so the payments have to be made so the people have to keep going.

If you were a country where the people and society mattered most you would have stopped much earlier.

I have a foot in each camp as you know so I see this clearly because I’m between the two countries all the time.

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, WILF said:

What are you re-infection % over there ?

We were at 33% and now we are below 10%
So apparently 1 person was infecting 4 people and now we are nearly at 1 person infects just over 1 person (if that makes sense?) 

Pushing hard now for another 3 weeks to get it below that 

Dont quote me but I saw something  in the region of  1 to 2.5 transmision rate .

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Forgive me ignorance or thickness but how do the docs in this country benefit out it? Back handers? The nhs ain’t like the American system where I can see why they would be able/willing to defraud the system but what about here?

I don’t know either, but I just wish they would report the figures honestly Italy’s death tolls are coming under increasing scrutiny and some people are saying the numbers who actually died from the disease as opposed from died of something else but had traces of the virus in them is in the high hundreds as opposed to the thousands reported, doctors in this country have made a fortune from the diabetes epidemic and manipulated figures to earn more so who knows, if people told the truth it would do away with the second guessing and conspiracy theory’s, after all why lie if you are not trying to hide something ?

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Greyman said:

Especially when your dealing with MSM 

Worldwide I genuinely believe the whole thing is massively hyped up by the MSM, I am not for one minute saying people aren’t dying and this isn’t serious but so many deaths are being attributed to Covid 19 that shouldn’t be and I think basically the whole world has panicked. When we look back in 2-3 years at death rates across the world I don’t think there will even be a spike, deaths for the last month are lower than the same month in 2019. We can’t live in a world without death or risk and we keep being told the lockdown is to avoid the nhs being overwhelmed but my mum and sister work is hospitals and they said it’s almost boring and eerie because they are so quiet. The government themselves say that we are no where near capacity in ICU at the moment and measures are in place to cope ( nightingale hospitals, extra staff etc) so all we are doing right now is dragging it out. We have no cure or vaccine the only way out is herd immunity and the longer we are locked down the longer it will take, protect the vulnerable and let everyone else out. People will die but people die everyday and people die from the effects of huge economic downturns which is exactly what we will have if we don’t start the country again soon. People buying into the panic need to see this is not lives vs money it’s lives vs lives and the cure is rapidly lining up to be more lethal than the virus. 

• Like 1

Some old lord on the telly the other day said we have an average of 1600 deaths a day in the uk would be nice if we could see this plus or minus the c19 deaths to get a true picture of what’s going on ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1