Coronavirus

35 minutes ago, Rusty_terrier said:

Same mate dont want to hear the numbers etc as long as I know we are lockdown i just keep me mrs and boy to ourselves.  Video call to parents everynight make sure they are safe and reemerge to the outside world when safe to do so

This is the same as me and the Mrs, video call the kids and grandkids, don't dwell on the shitty news and look forward to returning to normal. I'm getting paid 80% of my wages to stay home so can't complain.

• Like 1

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I know what you mean me and my youngest lad are going wild camping for a few days he's austic and has a mad interest in sas so I have set it up with one of my perms were we will set up in a wood survi

"We fell asleep in one world, and woke up in another. Suddenly Disney is out of magic, Paris is no longer romantic, New York doesn’t stand up anymore, the Chinese wall is no longer a fortress, and Mec

Ok lads, now ive had a couple of emails sent to me, one of em, well what can i say, im not very good with words, but these come from the heart, Gnasher, hes offered me more help, than 4 charities that

Posted Images

46 minutes ago, Bobtheferret said:

I do understand what your saying but in life we have to balance risk in everyday life all the time. My dad has had it and recovered and was quite poorly and yes it was a concerning time but you can not remove risk or death from daily life and if we are shut up for to long as a country then more people will end up dying. It’s not life vs economy it’s life vs life as a country with a tanked economy has no money for public services and poverty kills just not as obviously as a virus. The cold hard facts are people lose loved ones every single day and as a country our government have to weigh up what is costing more loved ones the virus or the cure (economic lockdown). Decisions like this aren’t for the sentimental and whilst many may not like it (and I understand why) its a cold hard fact that many Covid patients are already very sick and would have died within a short space of time anyway people that have lost loved ones would not like to be told this but they are facts. 

Don’t take this the wrong way mate but it’s easy to be philosophical when it isn’t your relative getting dropped into a mass grave !

There is no balancing act with economics when a thousand extra people a day are dying, society comes first......it’s a shit state of mind we have got ourselves too in the UK when we think that paying the car loan means more than lives !

Shows how far we have degraded ourselves since the war imho ! ......what are we, 3rd world animals ? 

• Like 2
6 hours ago, W. Katchum said:

Forgive me ignorance or thickness but how do the docs in this country benefit out it? Back handers? The nhs ain’t like the American system where I can see why they would be able/willing to defraud the system but what about here?

Funding. NHS staff have complained for years of under-funding and while that surely is part of the problem so is the mismanagement of the current funding. Outright fraud and theft is endemic in all areas though. I don't think it's beyond the realms of possibility that numbers could be fudged to ensure access to additional funding and/or stimulus money on both sides of the Atlantic. Whether that's through mismanagement of the data or whether it's outright malicious will be the subject of debate for years to come.

2 hours ago, WILF said:

Its no shock that having all these people going in and out the country to their 3rd world piss holes has led to a massive rise in ailments we had at one point eradicated, just look at TB especially in London with all those spades spitting all over the show.

Fair, but we also have to look at those that will refuse to vaccinate against the ailments also. You don't have to look further than this thread for the skepticism surrounding vaccinations and even in the 1st world we're seeing a rise in ailments that were once eradicated.

You're correct though. Human expansion is definitely bringing us into contact with diseases we've never dealt with but does anyone seriously think the toothpaste is going back into the tube?

2 hours ago, WILF said:

Small, insular, making and doing your own things with your own people has to be the way forward after this disaster......but I doubt it will be :(

When you look at history these pandemics tend to rip through places that have the highest population density and this one is no different. I can't see a global outreach to stop people f*ck*ng to slow the expansion of humanity happening anytime soon.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, king said:

I'm avoiding watching the news now.

Have been for a few days.

Same. When I do check it I try to avoid a 20 second selective edit of a 3 hour interview by a bloke on YouTube too. Hopefully that will be a trend that takes off as it's sure to be a surefire vaccine for some of the b*llsh*t being passed off as news these last few years!

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, WILF said:

Don’t take this the wrong way mate but it’s easy to be philosophical when it isn’t your relative getting dropped into a mass grave !

There is no balancing act with economics when a thousand extra people a day are dying, society comes first......it’s a shit state of mind we have got ourselves too in the UK when we think that paying the car loan means more than lives !

Shows how far we have degraded ourselves since the war imho ! ......what are we, 3rd world animals ? 

If this were about 1000’s of extra deaths a day I would be 100% with you but at this moment my point is I do not think there are 1000 extra deaths a day and the statistics back that up (as said in previous posts deaths overall are actually down and we can’t eradicate death). 
I am also not talking about car loans I am talking about people losing there jobs and homes as a direct result of the measures bought in to fight the virus. If in a year or twos time when people can’t afford to feed themselves and the nhs is crippled through underfunding due to the affects of shutting the economy for the virus then would it all still be worth it? This is not about being 3rd world animals as you put it it’s about what will save more lives overall. It may not seem like it but I am not being a insensitive about the virus I am just trying to look at the overall long term picture. 

• Thanks 1
11 minutes ago, Bobtheferret said:

If this were about 1000’s of extra deaths a day I would be 100% with you but at this moment my point is I do not think there are 1000 extra deaths a day and the statistics back that up (as said in previous posts deaths overall are actually down and we can’t eradicate death). 
I am also not talking about car loans I am talking about people losing there jobs and homes as a direct result of the measures bought in to fight the virus. If in a year or twos time when people can’t afford to feed themselves and the nhs is crippled through underfunding due to the affects of shutting the economy for the virus then would it all still be worth it? This is not about being 3rd world animals as you put it it’s about what will save more lives overall. It may not seem like it but I am not being a insensitive about the virus I am just trying to look at the overall long term picture. 

You don't seem to be accounting for all the other lives that are being saved due to lockdown  things like road traffic accidents  murders  right down to the old dear tripping and banging her head on the pavement..now if we  didn't have lockdown we would have all these  for want of a better word 'normal deaths'  plus thousands more from covid19  because transmission would be higher.

Just looking  at death figures alone is very misleading it's a bit more complex than that .

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Fcuk me sideyways with a sledgehammer ☹️

Piss boiling isn't it? I have nothing but respect for frontline staff but how much of the rest of the budget is squandered when they're screaming for resources? :hmm:

At a time when many governments are opening the floodgates for money to fix the pandemic where is the oversight to see that the right people get that money?

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, Bobtheferret said:

So are you saying the 7,8,9 hundred deaths per day being reported are a lie ? 
I get your point about tax and services and it would be valid if tax paid for those things but it don’t.....it’s another debt just like all the other debts !

Most people are 3 pay cheques away from ruin when everything is “normal” so saying about the economy is total bollocks.

Change your mindsets and change your outcomes so that you won’t be so exposed to world markets ever again.

f**k going back to “normal” 

Edited by WILF
  • Like 2
1 minute ago, kanny said:

You don't seem to be accounting for all the other lives that are being saved due to lockdown  things like road traffic accidents  murders  right down to the old dear tripping and banging her head on the pavement..now if we  didn't have lockdown we would have all these  for want of a better word 'normal deaths'  plus thousands more from covid19  because transmission would be higher.

Just looking  at death figures alone is very misleading it's a bit more complex than that .

In x amount of years time (if we live!), maybe we look back on 2020 as the year less people died. Less terrorist attacks, less airplane crashes etc etc.

Population is so dense, like myxy in rabbits, spreads in high population. We are just another type of beast on this planet, but due to our own actions we've extincted off a fair few other types of beast. Has Chy Na still got the one child policy?

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Waz said:

In x amount of years time (if we live!), maybe we look back on 2020 as the year less people died. Less terrorist attacks, less airplane crashes etc etc.

Population is so dense, like myxy in rabbits, spreads in high population. We are just another type of beast on this planet, but due to our own actions we've extincted off a fair few other types of beast. Has Chy Na still got the one child policy?

They ended it in 2015