Coronavirus

The only country's that seem to have responded better are the ones that have experienced a dose of SARS or mers it's all new to us so all in all our government is doing a reasonable job.

Spare a thought for the Vikings they just carrying on ?

Let's see how they fair as that's what we could of had here at one point.

• Like 1

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I know what you mean me and my youngest lad are going wild camping for a few days he's austic and has a mad interest in sas so I have set it up with one of my perms were we will set up in a wood survi

"We fell asleep in one world, and woke up in another. Suddenly Disney is out of magic, Paris is no longer romantic, New York doesn’t stand up anymore, the Chinese wall is no longer a fortress, and Mec

Ok lads, now ive had a couple of emails sent to me, one of em, well what can i say, im not very good with words, but these come from the heart, Gnasher, hes offered me more help, than 4 charities that

Posted Images

17 minutes ago, Balaur said:

I think you've answered it there, we didn't know what was coming , partly due to China's cover up. Now we have to play catch up, it seemed like one minute they were tracing a guy who'd been about and the next it was the length and breadth of the country , same folk who tried to politicise it are the ones who hate trump , Boris and brexit from what I can tell, but that's my take on it. Hopefully we get through it okay, a guy I was working with has lost one parent and the other is touch and go. Bit early for the blame game there's plenty of time for that later...

Exactly. The WHO and China massively covered up what was happening and our government listened to scientists but they probably listened to the wrong ones and mistakes have been made and lives have been lost but what’s done is done and we must focus on moving forward. Sandy rather than say what should have been done let’s here something sensible and if you’ve got all the answers how do we get out of this shit storm? Because you lock the country down to long there will be no NHS left and you relax it to early and we have more deaths. It’s a nigh on impossible situation for a government and one with no precedent. 

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, maxhardcore said:

I could of told Boris as early as Feb the 6th what was coming .

As I told quite a few back then '

The Horse has bolted .

And still on many fronts Our Country is dragging its heels.

The NHS and Staff are doing a Magnificat Job' the Brave Souls.

Lions Led by Donkeys once again comes to mind .

You could always move in with the Inlaws max..... Sandy you could f**k off over to murkel and take them Spanish whippets with you??? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
2 hours ago, maxhardcore said:

And your the perfect example of why some in your profession were labeld  PIG ?

You def think you will do and are Fooking Pig Ignorant if nothing else .

Your on here calling people pigs what I got told about you this week max you are alot worst a nasty vindictive cnut I have never  spoke to you like this before but you are max or should I call you longdog and didn't you have pigs on speed dial ? nasty coward 

Edited by Blackmag
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, shaaark said:

f****n love that word, OBTUSE ?

f****n hate popcorn ?. Look at that word above lpd, OBTUSE  ?

You could do with developing an open mind old grasshopper

I'm not talking Butterkist here

You know ?

Imagine right, get the Firebox out in the garden, fry some bacon, later cook popcorn in bacon fat, and do you know where I can get some maple syrup ?

2 hours ago, sandymere said:

Its not about getting it right but how we manage it, and we aren't doing as well as we should and its costing lives. 

If Germany can do it, Korea and NZ can do it its time to ask questions. 

FB_IMG_1587396015306.jpg.3bd41a0acad48ebfd9628b554339a97c.jpg

If you see someone doing a rubbish job building a wall do you leave them till they have fecked it even though it would cost the lives of passers by or do you say as soon as you realise? 

Ok mate, I'm not going to get in a row with you as you have my respect, I know you are up against it now and seeing things first hand....I also know personally 3 others right in the thick of it who are not looking to blame monger...but that's more political leanings maybe?

I will answer a couple of bits, but it's only as I see it, I wont go reading every stat I  can find to back it up...the stats are in there infancy and the reckoning will come when it's all over imo..

First I think to make a comparison  between NZ and the UK is mad, it's like comparing the cases in Devon to London...I'm not sure on NZ population, around 5m I think...London alone is over 8m... to have that many people in such a small area suggests there will be huge differences...

Germany are the biggest manufacturers in Europe, they have research and design facilities which completely outstrip anything we can get near....to make millions of testing kits, ppe etc is far easier for Germany than us...our standard trade agreement will be set aside, so Germany will make to preserve itself (rightly so) but to think we can ramp up in time to compete is naive imo.. the key, we have been told, is testing....Germany have outstripped everyone in this, I think, and that is due to there manufacturing infrastructure...

No idea on South Korea... the stats look good, I believe Germany's...not sure on SK...lol...

It's my personal opinion now is not the time to look for the man to blame, it's very easy to point at every mistake anyone makes (if they are mistakes even) but this is times we never thought we would see...regardless who was running the company mistakes or errors of judgement wouldve been made and the opposing parties would sit baying for blood....

I'm no fan on Corbyn personally, but if he was in charge now I'd get behind him as that imo would be getting behind my country in it's time of need...

When this is all.over perhaps people will.need to answer some questions...perhaps advisors are the ones to look at and to suggest the WHO had all the right answers and to follow there lead without question is wrong imo as well ..

But as the first line, I respect all of you who are grafting your nuts off in tough times, my mates mrs had black eyes last night from 13 hours in full ppe..... plus the constant worry of dealing with people who are infected with only a mask as your line of defense... we may differ in our political views but I realise yours is a passionate stance from what you see..

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
12 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

Ok mate, I'm not going to get in a row with you as you have my respect, I know you are up against it now and seeing things first hand....I also know personally 3 others right in the thick of it who are not looking to blame monger...but that's more political leanings maybe?

I will answer a couple of bits, but it's only as I see it, I wont go reading every stat I  can find to back it up...the stats are in there infancy and the reckoning will come when it's all over imo..

First I think to make a comparison  between NZ and the UK is mad, it's like comparing the cases in Devon to London...I'm not sure on NZ population, around 5m I think...London alone is over 8m... to have that many people in such a small area suggests there will be huge differences...

Germany are the biggest manufacturers in Europe, they have research and design facilities which completely outstrip anything we can get near....to make millions of testing kits, ppe etc is far easier for Germany than us...our standard trade agreement will be set aside, so Germany will make to preserve itself (rightly so) but to think we can ramp up in time to compete is naive imo.. the key, we have been told, is testing....Germany have outstripped everyone in this, I think, and that is due to there manufacturing infrastructure...

No idea on South Korea... the stats look good, I believe Germany's...not sure on SK...lol...

It's my personal opinion now is not the time to look for the man to blame, it's very easy to point at every mistake anyone makes (if they are mistakes even) but this is times we never thought we would see...regardless who was running the company mistakes or errors of judgement wouldve been made and the opposing parties would sit baying for blood....

I'm no fan on Corbyn personally, but if he was in charge now I'd get behind him as that imo would be getting behind my country in it's time of need...

When this is all.over perhaps people will.need to answer some questions...perhaps advisors are the ones to look at and to suggest the WHO had all the right answers and to follow there lead without question is wrong imo as well ..

But as the first line, I respect all of you who are grafting your nuts off in tough times, my mates mrs had black eyes last night from 13 hours in full ppe..... plus the constant worry of dealing with people who are infected with only a mask as your line of defense... we may differ in our political views but I realise yours is a passionate stance from what you see..

We could and should have done better. 

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/coronavirus-boris-johnson-news-sunday-times-report-no-10-response-a9474081.html

We still could but have already lost far to many. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/mar/15/epidemiologist-britain-herd-immunity-coronavirus-covid-19

We are not so different from Germany and as I've linked to already missed opportunities to get equipment and kit. Over 20'000 deaths is not acceptable. 

1 hour ago, Blackmag said:

you have My respect Sandy  but My two cousins one on the front line have had it as has her daughter who is also  nurse I know there's a shortage of ppe but you tory bashing on here ain't changing anything and do you honestly believe Labour could of done any better 

Not about Labour about the failings of our government. I judge this on how we are managing this and alas the only honest answer is very badly. 

1 hour ago, socks said:

I mentioned Corbyn because everybody on here knows how much you like to politicise things run down the tories whilst  worshiping Corbyn 

go on the LBC radio website and find Sunday’s 12 pm programme by magid Nawaz and listen to how he dissects the times article bit by bit ... oh and he is a lifelong liberal ......

I suppose he's an expert? or perhaps ? the eminently qualified editor of the Lancet may be a better judge ?

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/coronavirus-boris-johnson-news-sunday-times-report-no-10-response-a9474081.html

Even Maajid Nawaz admitted he should leave it up to the experts

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.lbc.co.uk/radio/presenters/maajid-nawaz/virus-expert-science-needs-to-take-the-front-seat/

Edited by sandymere

I shall leave you all with the 2 thoughts.

Is having one of the highest death rates in Western Europe acceptable? 

When they come to lay the blame on anyone but themselves will you join them in sharpening your knives for the NHS? 

9 minutes ago, sandymere said:

Not about Labour about the failings of our government. I judge this on how we are managing this and alas the only honest answer is very badly. 

I actually agree with you that it has been a less than brilliant job by UK government.....they didn’t stop early, they were almost loath to face the reality.

However, making it a “Tory” thing is a little bit rich......

The reason it didn’t stop is because it couldn’t !......the tax, spend, debt economy created and encouraged by successive labour and Tory governments couldn’t be stopped and so people are dying.....many more people than would otherwise have died.

• Like 2