• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is my lad...Mali cross coursing type dog   

28 inch ....85 lbs.......

Posted Images

Chat with bird mate he’s straight as a dye he’ll give ya no bull shit how they are??
I used to know a guy that used to deal with the company I used to work for when I was in the poultry trade yrs ago that ran this cross and he’d bred a1/4 bred out his old half bred he used to tell me all the time how good they were on Fox he was never short on venison as well. 

• Thanks 1
18 minutes ago, white van man said:

For train ability I can see them suited to some people. Don’t know if I would go 1st cross though. Bit too heavy for me. Heard they were popular back in the day with some.   Think I would rathe go for a Mali type cross. 

Need right Parents the litter heart wales bred 12 year ago ? None were heavy set .

776458E7-131D-420C-9EB4-3CBA5E2E8CF4.jpeg

35 minutes ago, white van man said:

For train ability I can see them suited to some people. Don’t know if I would go 1st cross though. Bit too heavy for me. Heard they were popular back in the day with some.   Think I would rathe go for a Mali type cross. 

I can only go on my 1x gsdx grey, great in the lamp picks rabbits not ad at all for a big dog, pre ban would do deer and fox no prob. They have good feet/coat, good stamina and fare pace, with my dog he got long stride so covers ground quite quick, strong jaw,  all in all very good lamping dog that's what I had him for. I've said loads of times on here there loads of other lurcher xs out there better. To me there are a step up from a collie grey, now I know this my self as having got had 3 colliesx, and Buck my 1x gsd grey is deff the better type x. One  thing like about my dog is he great in woods etc, he smash through cover after his quarry had some great sport with him  there loyal dogs, if been on good long run in the lamp, he  always get back to me  as been said the 1/4 gsd 3/4 Grey prob suite people on that bit more, but there not lot in it really, the 1x will  tougher physically and deff better wind. I reckon gsd x whippet x grey  make good x as well if you want smaller type lurcher?

• Like 6
9 minutes ago, white van man said:

There’s not many decent GSD about now. We had them growing up. They were agile and fit as fiddles. Not as popular as they used to be 

Yeah there’s is that , I often wondered about the Dutch herder ?

Tbh from what I’ve seen a mal would be to energetic for me /to highly strung .

4 minutes ago, forest of dean redneck said:

Yeah there’s is that , I often wondered about the Dutch herder ?

Tbh from what I’ve seen a mal would be to energetic for me /to highly strung .

My old man is in the dog training world. He was big on GSD for ages. He’s had Dutch herders and Mali too. He really rates the Mali as a working dog. He says the same...they got to be kept busy. 

• Like 2