German shepherd first x.

4 hours ago, billhardy said:

The most versatile with a greyhound a d alsation his the three quarter grey  type if one want s a rangy alsation  a f1 would suffice but its a strong gene the alsation it all depends what ya wanting the jukel for a good alsation will catch conies on the lamp and few other bits alsation are totally different than malls  atb bill

true bill very  versatile  x and i go along with that 1/4 gsd x 3/4 grey or gsd x grew  yes be faster than 1x , but as you know Buck dont hang about when on back of his quarry, he fast for big dog , but most people would prefer smaller type dog which fare enough  but never be fooled by the  big size  he can shift when he wants .  what i like about the x, is there a good chance what in front of it in the beam lamping they catch , and in the day , by me where i live now , it gets quite misty in the morning , Buck caught  few things, weather  like that, it great crack he bugger  off , old bryn knows when he on to something , he romp after him  and little woody   lol , gsd have great nose and hearing  just like colliexs have, but you get bit more grit from a Alsatian  deff 

• Like 1

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is my lad...Mali cross coursing type dog   

28 inch ....85 lbs.......

Posted Images

1 hour ago, bird said:

true bill very  versatile  x and i go along with that 1/4 gsd x 3/4 grey or gsd x grew  yes be faster than 1x , but as you know Buck dont hang about when on back of his quarry, he fast for big dog , but most people would prefer smaller type dog which fare enough  but never be fooled by the  big size  he can shift when he wants .  what i like about the x, is there a good chance what in front of it in the beam lamping they catch , and in the day , by me where i live now , it gets quite misty in the morning , Buck caught  few things, weather  like that, it great crack he bugger  off , old bryn knows when he on to something , he romp after him  and little woody   lol , gsd have great nose and hearing  just like colliexs have, but you get bit more grit from a Alsatian  deff 

I'll say it agen versatile jukels will be got from bu k or jaz with a other type runner greyhound fa buck coursing dog fa jaz remember this greyhou d gone In jaz four times  buck only once atb bill

2 hours ago, bird said:

I see it like thus I like Bryn he only been on par with buck on conies nothing else  leaving me to believe bucks far more versatile atbbill

43 minutes ago, keepdiggin said:

Was Bryn a rabbit dog Ray do you think he was capable of deer and fox pre ban? 

i give honest answer mate, he could have done both , he was plenty big enough 25in 60lb  and fast enough , but he just didnt fancy getting bitten or kicked up, he did bump into few things early on as younger dog 2 year old, but must have thought   he didnt fancy it lol , he never had strong prey drive as Buck got , ive always said on here gsd more grit in them than collies, you might get  few hard type colliexs, but on average there not as tough as gsd , well that what i think .!

• Like 5

Watched this 1st cross GSD /Greyhound compete in one of the first ever Obedience Tests, devised for lurchers...

I'll never forget his owner, hurtling the dummy into the most impregnable patch of bramble, known to man...?

Quite why he fecking did this was a mystery?

At the time, the dog looked to be streets ahead of the other contestants, both physically and most definitely cerebrally...

He could have won the event, easy fecking peasy....:toast:

img004.tif.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
30 minutes ago, Phil Lloyd said:

Watched this 1st cross GSD /Greyhound compete in one of the first ever Obedience Tests, devised for lurchers...

I'll never forget his owner, hurtling the dummy into the most impregnable patch of bramble, known to man...?

Quite why he fecking did this was a mystery?

At the time, the dog looked to be streets ahead of the other contestants, both physically and most definitely cerebrally...

He could have won the event, easy fecking peasy....:toast:

img004.tif.jpg

Ahhh we know hey lol. Atb bill

5 hours ago, Phil Lloyd said:

Saw this dog hunting in the New Forest, back in the 1980s....real canny, capable critter...?

img005.tif.jpg

http://www.chalkwarren.co.uk/

Reminds of a bitch that round over this way years ago she was a 3/4 grey hound 1/4 shepherd bitch very fast loads of pace as well she had a good strike she was known for take copious amount of venison and old Charlie in her time and making it look easy she had feel that you could put slippers on but what a bitch true poaching dog in her day 

7 hours ago, Phil Lloyd said:

Saw this dog hunting in the New Forest, back in the 1980s....real canny, capable critter...?

img005.tif.jpg

http://www.chalkwarren.co.uk/

That’s is a nice looking dog , and in my mind ,when people say shepherd lurcher that is what I can see in my mind .

A very racy looking shepherd .

• Like 3
1 hour ago, forest of dean redneck said:

That’s is a nice looking dog , and in my mind ,when people say shepherd lurcher that is what I can see in my mind .

A very racy looking shepherd .

Phil was that dog called Rooney or musket by any chance think they held the Lurcher obedience finals up here Perth way if memory serves I know a lad from up here who qualified with his beardy cross