Good deer dogs (pure)

• Replies 655
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Running fast hounds after Deer, in dense woodland,.. well, its pretty obvious that sooner or later, your dogs will get seriously hurt... ? Of course, back in the day, we were different men,....it

Never no when your life going to change for the worse 

I have to admit if I was looking after getting a dog for deer saluki would have to be in it's breeding. 

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, levigsp said:

One was a genuine Vic Minshaw bred dog the other Collie x both very similar.

My pal had s minshaw x collie type bitch very strong type bitch about 25tts great rabbiting bitch nothing more though I was very surprised she didn't make more but it's how the cookie crumbles

5 hours ago, Penda said:

My pal had s minshaw x collie type bitch very strong type bitch about 25tts great rabbiting bitch nothing more though I was very surprised she didn't make more but it's how the cookie crumbles

We all had deer dogs, before minshaw was ever mentioned.  Except MOST people NEVER mentioned it.  ?

• Like 2
5 hours ago, chartpolski said:

FFS ! That's twice the names been said ! 

Dont say it a third time.......you've been warned

6 minutes ago, shaaark said:

minshaw 

Say the name 3 times in front of a mirror at midnight ? Charts warned ya ?

Screenshot_20220324_173244.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
11 hours ago, shaaark said:

We all had deer dogs, before minshaw was ever mentioned.  Except MOST people NEVER mentioned it.  ?

As far as I know most people didnt talk about it because they were breaking the Law. I never saw anything about Vic boasting about deer, as far as I remember he was a Rabbit and hare man.

11 hours ago, South hams hunter said:

They don't compare ...

Don't compare to what? I don't get that statement! In my opinion most lurcher to lurcher crosses produce some good, some indifferent and some crap.                                          Then you need to take into it the human factor, eg who trains and conditions them.                       I have only seen three genuine dogs bred by the man[excluding blue] two of them were very capable dogs, one was indifferent.

What i will say is the two capable dogs could work everything legal day and night.