Sign in to follow this  
j j m

beggers in your town

what a load of shite life as a different outcome for us all most people are a pay packet off poverty just wait whilst you miss them mortgage payments be sat with em with your own bowl just make sure you keep paying your taxes so some mp can live their privilidged life 

• Like 5

I worked with a homeless organisation for several years, and I have tremendous sympathy for anyone who finds themselves in that situation - I know there are some chancers who jump on the bandwagon, but the vast majority are genuine, and no-one I ever met chose it - it's a lifestyle that is inflicted on them ! It's something that can happen very easily to anyone, at any time, however secure you think your life might be right now.

If you really want to help the genuine homeless, this would be my advice.........

DON'T give them money directly ! You will often be finding drug or alcohol habits that keep them on the streets, and may have got them there in the first place.Give your donation to a proper organisation or a local centre, that helps people to secure their lives long term and get off the streets for good. 

Buy a copy of the Big Issue - I regularly buy it, even though I never read it ! The sellers are checked and monitored - they buy the magazine, and sell it for a small profit, which they keep. By buying it, you're helping the seller to earn a living, rather than relying on handouts.

If you think someone is genuine, you can report their whereabouts to Streetlink, who will send an outreach worker to try to make a connection and offer organised support.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Blackbriar said:

I worked with a homeless organisation for several years, and I have tremendous sympathy for anyone who finds themselves in that situation - I know there are some chancers who jump on the bandwagon, but the vast majority are genuine, and no-one I ever met chose it - it's a lifestyle that is inflicted on them ! It's something that can happen very easily to anyone, at any time, however secure you think your life might be right now.

If you really want to help the genuine homeless, this would be my advice.........

DON'T give them money directly ! You will often be finding drug or alcohol habits that keep them on the streets, and may have got them there in the first place.Give your donation to a proper organisation or a local centre, that helps people to secure their lives long term and get off the streets for good. 

Buy a copy of the Big Issue - I regularly buy it, even though I never read it ! The sellers are checked and monitored - they buy the magazine, and sell it for a small profit, which they keep. By buying it, you're helping the seller to earn a living, rather than relying on handouts.

If you think someone is genuine, you can report their whereabouts to Streetlink, who will send an outreach worker to try to make a connection and offer organised support.

Make no mistake begging is big business , addiction or not. Their is turf wars and bullying for good locations in city centre main streets. Romanian family leaders dropping in a dozen family members every day and driving off in new Mercedes and collecting them again at night. Better to hand them a sandwich than money.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, jiggy said:

Make no mistake begging is big business , addiction or not. Their is turf wars and bullying for good locations in city centre main streets. Romanian family leaders dropping in a dozen family members every day and driving off in new Mercedes and collecting them again at night. Better to hand them a sandwich than money.

I'm aware that there are some who will take advantage, that's why I spoke of the genuine homeless !

Maybe the solution is for people to give f**k all, then the professional beggars would go, the junkie and alcys would disappear.

Leaving the genuine ones to get a bit of help from government.

• Like 1

Shopkeeper round here got nicked for pissing on one that kept pissing outside shop. Doorway f***ing stunk so he waiting till late and pissed all over him 

• Haha 3

Why is there a mass spike of beggars ? its only in the last few years we've seen the numbers rise , some of it I blame on the changes to the benefit system and giving people sanctions , if people have there payments stopped for a month they soon go into rent arears , it doesn't take long for things to spiral out of control and people end up on the streets 

• Like 1

Talk to this lad everyday, got a lovely white staffie……...hes put an extension on in the last couple of days :D

beg.JPG

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

to some it's their choice,most don't have the support that say you or I have mack ...id like to think that hopefully someone we know would help us out 🤞for yrs I watched multi million pound company's bin perfectly edible food rather than say give to the homeless or a shelter,folks picking through bins at the back of Tescos ,boots etc when I used to do shopfitting.its a problem that should be addressed imo👍

Aye but they give a few bits away once a Fcuking year at crimbo yo make emselfs look good🤯

2 hours ago, dazbrowne 13 said:

what a load of shite life as a different outcome for us all most people are a pay packet off poverty just wait whilst you miss them mortgage payments be sat with em with your own bowl just make sure you keep paying your taxes so some mp can live their privilidged life 

Give that man a round of apply😉

2 hours ago, Blackbriar said:

Don’t know about groups but I deffo know a LOT of big issues sellers are also addicts or chancers 

11 minutes ago, bell said:

Talk to this lad everyday, got a lovely white staffie……...hes put an extension on in the last couple of days :D

beg.JPG

Sad as fcuk that, imagine that was ye son, no matter the reason for being there. ☹️

39 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Sad as fcuk that, imagine that was ye son, no matter the reason for being there. ☹️

Tis sad but he just accepting his situation.

Sitting their doing nothing waiting for hand outs his life will never change.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Chaff said:

Tis sad but he just accepting his situation.

Sitting their doing nothing waiting for hand outs his life will never change.

Mate there are folk doing same sat in council houses, watching big massive tellies, accepted that sitting on there arses all day an watching daytime telly am living on what ever benefits they can get? What’s the difference? To me they are all ill, to be happy with that lot in life must be an illness, an to me they deserve a thought if not help, if they want it

but why not help em? We help mathadone addicts Cos they have houses, we help fat obese fcukers who will never stop being greedy, alkies an Johnny Foreigner, but why not the folk that choose to be a burden on nobody an go do there own thing???

Edited by W. Katchum
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1