beggers in your town

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Pretty much in the very same situation stiff, 3 kids wife had to give up a decent well paid job and only my wage coming in now to cover all the bills, can be real fcuking tough going at times. If ther

what a load of shite life as a different outcome for us all most people are a pay packet off poverty just wait whilst you miss them mortgage payments be sat with em with your own bowl just make sure y

someone once told me that .....your never more than 2 meals away from eating out of a bin.....I can believe it ,more so these days ,i know most of you are perfect lol,addiction is hard work if you hav

Posted Images

42 minutes ago, Blackbriar said:

Len, i have heard some ignorant, ill thought out opinions in my time, but that one is right up there !

Over several years experience, I worked with probably hundreds of homeless people - not one of them chose that life. I could tell you heartbreaking tales, believe me.

Nobody sets out to f*** their life up - bad things happen to good people, people make bad decisions and lives can quickly spiral out of control. I know a mentally ill young man who recently had his benefit sanctioned for 4 weeks.........for being 10 minutes late for a Job Centre appointment ! How is he supposed to feed himself, pay his bills and so on ? I knew another chap who went home and found his wife with another fella. He packed a bag, walked out and slept on a mate's sofa. When he outstayed his welcome, he found himself on the streets and lost his job, as a result. How do you climb back from that ?

I heard an item on the radio awhile back that said almost 2 million adults in this country have less than £500 savings. The number of people having to resort to food banks is at alarming levels. There is a hell of a lot of people out there who are only a couple of mishaps away from calamity...........

Instead of looking down your nose at them, have a little compassion...........and hope it never happens to you !

Rant over, and I shall bow gracefully out of this thread........

Not all beggars are homeless though some are just lazy bums and the genuine ones that is a very small percentage need help, but put it this was ain’t no brown natives in Belfast. The scrounging Roma’s etc need rounded up and sunk in the Irish Sea and the native lazy bums need chain ganged

• Like 1
2 hours ago, The one said:

See even the folk selling the big issue no aren't homeless  now  they can be in a hostel  and allowed to sell them to earn money 

I know two lads who were selling the big issue whose mam had two businesses 

absolutely no living under bridges with them two 

as for the realistic thing of homelessness. 

I lve month to month, we had a second child 2 years ago. 

Like many with  young families, we cannot afford the childcare for her to go back to work full time. 

We just financially cannot afford her to hold any type of well paid job. It’s not worth it. 

Were probably 10k a year worse off now with her not having working. 

Car 

childcare 

bills 

it all comes on top very quickly, we went from living very well to beans on toast for tea very quickly. 

I’m in probably the most stable job you can find . 

Never take your life for granted as you never know what lays around the corner 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

I know two lads who were selling the big issue whose mam had two businesses 

absolutely no living under bridges with them two 

as for the realistic thing of homelessness. 

I lve month to month, we had a second child 2 years ago. 

Like many with  young families, we cannot afford the childcare for her to go back to work full time. 

We just financially cannot afford her to hold any type of well paid job. It’s not worth it. 

Were probably 10k a year worse off now with her not having working. 

Car 

childcare 

bills 

it all comes on top very quickly, we went from living very well to beans on toast for tea very quickly. 

I’m in probably the most stable job you can find . 

Never take your life for granted as you never know what lays around the corner 

The second half is us. First kid, Bob on everything sweet. Moved, new old big house nice cars hot tub, second kid.....

We still do ok and my misus still gets out and does a bit but due to things we have witnessed around us our whole emphasis has changed. For us life is now about seeing our kids grow up as much as possible. I am not a hippy but very much that way out with my thinking now! I will never get this time back, I can work 80hours a week or work away in 15yrs time when the kids have moved out.......but by then I doubt I will have to as I will have re-learnt how to live in a budget.

People still live in wood shacks and hunt meat. If is do-able with nowt if u really want to do it.

• Like 2

in Nottingham theres a guy  called wycliff that's homless back in the 90's he was an up an coming singer....and was shagging dani Minogue ..the sister of kylie ...

he often sings to punters outside our bar..lol

on the hole I feel sorry for them...and will always pass the time of night with them...also they often know whats happened around town at night wich can be handy...if I give them money its usualy loose change that I find on the floor in the club

• Like 2
7 hours ago, TOMO said:

in Nottingham theres a guy  called wycliff that's homless back in the 90's he was an up an coming singer....and was shagging dani Minogue ..the sister of kylie ...

he often sings to punters outside our bar..lol

on the hole I feel sorry for them...and will always pass the time of night with them...also they often know whats happened around town at night wich can be handy...if I give them money its usualy loose change that I find on the floor in the club

Not The Wycliff ?

21 hours ago, The one said:

See even the folk selling the big issue no aren't homeless  now  they can be in a hostel  and allowed to sell them to earn money 

The big issue has always been for folk who are vunerabley homed,it's always said on the mag itself or it did do for years and iv'e sold more than a good few copies in my past as well..

• Like 1
44 minutes ago, TOMO said:

just goes to show...one minute your at the top of your game....can have the world at your feet and still end up on the streets......remember him from the 90's.cheers tomo?

5 hours ago, TOMO said:

I was interested by your earlier comment and read that article 

shame, seems like he led himself to downfall. 

hope his lot improves soon