beggers in your town

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Pretty much in the very same situation stiff, 3 kids wife had to give up a decent well paid job and only my wage coming in now to cover all the bills, can be real fcuking tough going at times. If ther

what a load of shite life as a different outcome for us all most people are a pay packet off poverty just wait whilst you miss them mortgage payments be sat with em with your own bowl just make sure y

someone once told me that .....your never more than 2 meals away from eating out of a bin.....I can believe it ,more so these days ,i know most of you are perfect lol,addiction is hard work if you hav

Posted Images

45 minutes ago, Lenmcharristar said:

They need rounded up and put in a chain gang for a years work and go cold turkey on the addictions, soon get the self pity outa them and they’ll be wanting to go get a job and do better in life

45 minutes ago, Lenmcharristar said:

They need rounded up and put in a chain gang for a years work and go cold turkey on the addictions, soon get the self pity outa them and they’ll be wanting to go get a job and do better in life

Len, i have heard some ignorant, ill thought out opinions in my time, but that one is right up there !

Over several years experience, I worked with probably hundreds of homeless people - not one of them chose that life. I could tell you heartbreaking tales, believe me.

Nobody sets out to f*** their life up - bad things happen to good people, people make bad decisions and lives can quickly spiral out of control. I know a mentally ill young man who recently had his benefit sanctioned for 4 weeks.........for being 10 minutes late for a Job Centre appointment ! How is he supposed to feed himself, pay his bills and so on ? I knew another chap who went home and found his wife with another fella. He packed a bag, walked out and slept on a mate's sofa. When he outstayed his welcome, he found himself on the streets and lost his job, as a result. How do you climb back from that ?

I heard an item on the radio awhile back that said almost 2 million adults in this country have less than £500 savings. The number of people having to resort to food banks is at alarming levels. There is a hell of a lot of people out there who are only a couple of mishaps away from calamity...........

Instead of looking down your nose at them, have a little compassion...........and hope it never happens to you !

Rant over, and I shall bow gracefully out of this thread........

• Like 4