Pure Greyhounds

7 hours ago, dogmandont said:

Just my opinion tc but some lads just want to do their own thing I’ll agree that once the first dose of greyhound has been used there’s no real need to add it again and line bred will always be better than the 1st crosses but folks saying that all the greyhound brings to the table is speed is totally wrong Imo.

I know nothing of bull crosses, but I did my own thing for years working percentages, and I had better dogs before  and since is all I can say, and in 50 years of coursing dogs I learned a lot, some people learn nothing, I am just passing on my experience to help others is all.

• Like 7

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've worked a few ex-racing greyhounds. Not in a serious way that some lads do though. Never been into the numbers game or involved in serious pest control. Most of my sport has been hunting small ter

Ran the local flapping tracks. A one for the pot dog and roamed the streets like most dogs in the 70s.

I know nothing of bull crosses, but I did my own thing for years working percentages, and I had better dogs before  and since is all I can say, and in 50 years of coursing dogs I learned a lot, some p

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Bearfoot said:

Ask jigsaw what he rather own his salukixgrey sonic or the coursing dogs ????there only be one answer have a.nice Xmas lads 

Lol,im going  to try recreat another sonic next year,them greyhounds are not good for your heart or mind when their hunting,,my bitch has had 2 rough rides last year..dont think i will be running her again anytime soon on the same type land..

• Like 2
On 16 December 2018 at 10:15, Moocher71 said:

I thought it was a mal x greyhound you have .and without the grey u wouldn't have the dog u prize so high.

malamute x greyhound , now what else, apart from speed  could greyhounds  give , brain stamina guts tell me, i dont like the dog he's a cnut he keeps getting out,  the dog lives up  the garden with rabbits other animals and a crow with a bad wing ,there is also a 14 month old muntjac too whoes been with him since the day he was born , he's never been nasty to them and he plays with the deer , he's 10 year old 100 lb and 29 inches , that why you can't beat brain , the question is do i hunt with him.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, TALKCHEAP said:

malamute x greyhound , now what else, apart from speed  could greyhounds  give , brain stamina guts tell me, i dont like the dog he's a cnut he keeps getting out,  the dog lives up  the garden with rabbits other animals and a crow with a bad wing ,there is also a 14 month old muntjac too whoes been with him since the day he was born , he's never been nasty to them and he plays with the deer , he's 10 year old 100 lb and 29 inches , that why you can't beat brain , the question is do i hunt with him.

Whats the muntjac like as a pet get asked by few people a year for one aperently they make decent pets. 

On ‎16‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 23:31, Bearfoot said:

Dancer satiuated way greyhound  black arse did a salukixgrey not come second in forley the firstxsalukigrey is a harder animal than most coursing dogs the two I seen were evil b*****ds  ?? is the quality of the pure any  good  compared to the old stuff tthe two I seen were evil 

I don't know much about dancers breading and I have bred and ran first crosses and very good dogs they were just my opinion line bred dogs are generaly better.

I don’t think anyone in their right minds should look at working a greyhound 

the huge majority can’t stay injury free running on a circle of sand avfew times a week 

what hope would it have on the terrain that’s scattered over our isles 

for a well bred pup price you could get a good lampping bitch or better still a coursing type ? 

Durely a better startling point 

• Like 2
33 minutes ago, two crows said:

I don't know much about dancers breading and I have bred and ran first crosses and very good dogs they were just my opinion line bred dogs are generaly better.

a few gens in anyway? Black arse was a 1st x and Jody was a feathered sal grey