Pure Greyhounds

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've worked a few ex-racing greyhounds. Not in a serious way that some lads do though. Never been into the numbers game or involved in serious pest control. Most of my sport has been hunting small ter

Ran the local flapping tracks. A one for the pot dog and roamed the streets like most dogs in the 70s.

I know nothing of bull crosses, but I did my own thing for years working percentages, and I had better dogs before  and since is all I can say, and in 50 years of coursing dogs I learned a lot, some p

Posted Images

I've had one pure grey and never again.Whippets have way more to offer as far as hunting,bush sense,agility and the ones here,good tough feet.Put a 1/4 stag or deerhound in them and you have a decent size dog for fox, hare or rabbits and will go beyond what you expected.

5 hours ago, eastcoast said:

I've worked a few ex-racing greyhounds. Not in a serious way that some lads do though. Never been into the numbers game or involved in serious pest control. Most of my sport has been hunting small terrier teams in a way that these days I suppose would be called bushing. 1 of the greyhounds was not even mine but belonged to a lad who got a "free to good home" bitch with the intension of breeding from her. He  kennelled her for a few years without using her and she did not have a great quality of  life. He give me a spare key to his yard and I started  to take her along on my "bushing" activities.

This bitch and the others that I've worked took to field work like ducks to water. Good rabbit catching dogs, ok on hares (admittedly my standards are probably not as high as some) and natural fox killers. The land that I worked was a mix of soft low ground arable farms and what was left of the open cast mining sites in my area. Maybe I was lucky but never had a problem with their feet and they were far from fragile. And this thing about greyhounds being thick? Simply not true.

I always felt slightly privileged to walk out with such beautiful hounds. 

Thank f**k for a proper, honest post about what alot of greyhounds are capable of ?

20 hours ago, dogmandont said:

Any greyhound in your dogs. 

16 hours ago, dogmandont said:

Didn’t think it would take long for you to resort to nonsense.???.

I thought it was a mal x greyhound you have .and without the grey u wouldn't have the dog u prize so high.