World Cup 2018

The last top class Argentinian team was the one that played England when Beckham was sent off......

The names on that team were unbelievable, Messi is having to play alongside absolute 1st division players at International level.

He could not do much in that last game because he was played wide right and they played nearly everything down the left.....he hardly had the ball, hence dropping deeper and deeper to to try and get a touch.

I know he like to come in from wide right and onto his left but it don’t work in that team.

Imho, they should have played him in a proper number 10 role, more central and maybe behind a front 2 then he would have been able to influence the game.

As it was, he never hardly got a touch.

Edited by WILF
  • Like 1

• Replies 817
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yesterday afternoon's scenes were remarkable, drunk men openly sobbing and crying, women and children jumping up and down screaming and shouting, but that's enough about Scotland. Well done Engla

Just been watching the English and Swedish fans chanting at each other English fans were "YOUR SHIT BUT YOUR BIRDS ARE FIT" Swedish retorted "GO HOME TO YOUR UGLY WIVES" 

Posted Images

Personally I would say Argentina’s performance last night was testimony to how far ahead ronaldo is physically than everyone else who plays the game. 

How he trains , eats , life coached , psychologically and his general well being is allowing him to perform at the top of his game for longer than anyone else. 

Look at Argentina , Messi, aguerro di Maria and mascherano look spent after their seasons 

ronaldo looks like he could play every day 

sensational stuff 

• Like 4

Tell you what,considering all the negativity going about even before a ball was kicked I think this is a cracking world cup so far...I can remember them all as far back as '74 and this one in Russia is shaping up to be a classic imo ?

Edited by gaz
  • Like 2
12 hours ago, baker boy said:

Them Swedes faces 5 mins ago???

got to be honest , they could have killed the game off  , they had 2 very good chances  just before  1/2 time , if you dont take them you get punish for it , and they were  simple as that  in any level of football .???? 

14 hours ago, baker boy said:

Them Swedes faces 5 mins ago???

I felt at about 60-70 minutes their forwards should have been doing a lot more closing down , they were playing in their own half anyway.

As it was they let Rudiger and Boetang press on from the back unhindered, they just walked past the Swedish forwards and the forwards were just watching them past.

Surely you say to yourself  as those forwards “f**k it, I’m going to kill myself for this last 20 defending at the halfway line and just spoil at every opportunity” ? 

It left Sweden effectively defending with 9 men while the Germans threw the dice and pushed almost every man on even taking off a defender !

Fair play, they sort of do or die attitude deserves a bit of reward.

• Like 1

I’ve bet England 4-0. 3 up after 35 mins..., they want to ease up a bit ffs.

Edited on 39 mins to say enough now !!!!!

Edited again on 45 mins to say fcukin English b4stards ?

Edited by pesky1972
  • Haha 4