World Cup 2018

• Replies 817
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yesterday afternoon's scenes were remarkable, drunk men openly sobbing and crying, women and children jumping up and down screaming and shouting, but that's enough about Scotland. Well done Engla

Just been watching the English and Swedish fans chanting at each other English fans were "YOUR SHIT BUT YOUR BIRDS ARE FIT" Swedish retorted "GO HOME TO YOUR UGLY WIVES" 

Posted Images

Just now, Rusty_terrier said:

There both shite

I don't know, i mean if i sit down and watch the game i can kinda enjoy it but i can't see myself sticking with it and watching a season. Saying that to say i played football at a good level as a youngster i haven't really watched it for over a decade. Only got two sports i can't do without and that's Boxing and F1.

Gaelic football ( amateur game ) 20 years ago used to be about speed, skill and accuracy and been clever about the game. Gaelic football today is about size , strength , cardio and their fitness levels and strength are as good as any pro sport at the top level. It was a super end to end game to watch back then! Now you see players ( under massive pressure )and both teams  play blanket defences and suffocate your opponent while covering massive amounts of ground to stop them scoring but the fundamental thing is they forget how to enjoy and play the game with a smile. The accuracy of their point or goal scoring is brutal because too much time is spent on strength and conditioning . The kids should get back out kicking the ball against their neighbours wall without breaking her window or hitting the car driving past. That's where skill is and accuracy is learned by a 10 year old with a smile on his face.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Kerny92 said:

I don't know, i mean if i sit down and watch the game i can kinda enjoy it but i can't see myself sticking with it and watching a season. Saying that to say i played football at a good level as a youngster i haven't really watched it for over a decade. Only got two sports i can't do without and that's Boxing and F1.

Don't forget you are also the hunting life debating champion. That could get  you scholarship in most university's ?

• Haha 1

You watching josh taylor this weekend? Its on channel 5. I reckon hes britains best prospect.  Cant get massively into him but i think thats to do with how poorly hes promoted.  Also all these hard fights chasing down a titleshot with Garcia yet terry Flanagan cam move up and fight for a vacamt world title right away. Think he needs to say bye to cyclone. 

Don't really keep on top of British boxing as i should anymore pal, the hype behind them and the nauseas biased from the likes of Sky puts me off it. Don't get me wrong we have some decent talent but ffs let it come to them instead of claiming they're this and that before they've had a stern test. 

6 minutes ago, Rusty_terrier said:

You watching josh taylor this weekend? Its on channel 5. I reckon hes britains best prospect.  Cant get massively into him but i think thats to do with how poorly hes promoted.  Also all these hard fights chasing down a titleshot with Garcia yet terry Flanagan cam move up and fight for a vacamt world title right away. Think he needs to say bye to cyclone. 

Big graham is fighting on sat night if you fancy it! Be a decent wee night few of the folk from the gym be going no doubt he’s already offered u tickets??

Aye a was ment to get tickets this week but my motors still f****d not been at all this week. Its in tomorrow to get looked at depending on how that goes ill get in touch with him . You going ?

Yeah we are taking the two boys bud, hopefully see you there mate n of not see you at the gym, good luck with the car 

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, Kerny92 said:

Messi couldn't slice Maradona's halftime orange...... ??

Really he's in a team with a totally different mind set to the one maradonna played in i do agree he's never brought his club form  to his country for some reason 

Just now, blackmaggie said:

Really he's in a team with a totally different mind set to the one maradonna played in i do agree he's never brought his club form  to his country for some reason 

The mindset was different because the team in 86 knew they had that one man alone that could win them the trophy, Messi hasn't been close to doing such a feat. Messi is a brilliant player no doubt but Maradona at his peak was a once in a lifetime talent.