Your First Wage Packet..

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

1976 £16 per week British Leyland apprentice Gave it to my Mum & Dad as keep coz i had a saturday job in a clothes shop & with commission i earned £25-£30. Many years later when i got married

Cheers Arry there still here bud My Dads nearly 93 & my Mums 90. Hope to have em around a while yet. Atb

£2.10 SHILLINGS 44 HOUR WEEK. couldn't wait to get me overalls on 50years later couldn't wait to get them off and not bothered if I don't pick up another spanner in my life .. After a few pays the

how much was your's..

mine was three pound three shilling's..nautical school..first trip at sea, picked up thirty odd quid..three week trip,,landed three thousand odd kit..a kit in them days was ten stone..ten bob millionaire's we was..lol.........happy days..

Did you sail from grimsby or hull mate,i remember the ten bob millionaires with the taxis on stanby outside the pubs on hessle rd.

£10 a pay in 6 weeks holidays picking up stones on Virginia park golf course for my mate dartys old man when they first built it early 90's. Gang of 8 of us started, after the first week they dropped like flies... Myself and my mate holzhey lasted the full 6 lol. First proper job was Cwm Darren country park, trainiee countryside ranger in 96 used to take home £80 a week, most weeks I'd get extra cash because we used to sell firewood and erect stock fencing hobbling for farmers etc.best days of my life lol £15 Lodge, £25 to my old nan for littlewoods catalogue lol, the rest on cans of breaker and hashish for the week. Atb dc

• Like 1

how much was your's..

mine was three pound three shilling's..nautical school..first trip at sea, picked up thirty odd quid..three week trip,,landed three thousand odd kit..a kit in them days was ten stone..ten bob millionaire's we was..lol.........happy days..

Did you sail from grimsby or hull mate,i remember the ten bob millionaires with the taxis on stanby outside the pubs on hessle rd.

gy mate..but my old man was a yorkie.. gypsyville..but was excepted by the gy lads lol..and now there's nothing down dock apart for the windcat boats..all the old characters are all long gone now..sad....

£22.80. IN 1977 working down the local pit. Still got my first three wage slips in a tin.

I started at the pit in 79 and after doing all my training went roadlaying remember first wage packet being about £55 a big jump from the £25 I was drawing working on a building site.

Selling squidgy black at 14 lol

Red Leb for me, same age :laugh:

red leb wrapped in musln cloth , gold seal and red seal squidgy black ha ha ha takes me back f**k me i'm a poet and didn't know it

Lad who I use to buy of you would give him a tenner and he'd bite a chunk of a 9bar... Them were the days lol
  • Like 4

£45 pound a week for doing YTS scheme on a farm back in 1995. i got my jaw broke one friday night, decided to go to the hospitial on the monday morning for a Xray needed 6 weeks off work for that, never went back to that job again.

went back to work as a builders labourer after that. remember it took ages for the skin to harden on my shoulder from using the hodd. best days of my life i was in the best shape ever.

• Like 1