6 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

Thanks for putting that up mate it was really interesting to listen to although must admit i do have some issues with it,the fella is talking about land and areas i know like the back of my hand as i live within Epping Forest.....i mean at what point does an exaggeration become a lie.....describing distances so inaccurately is unnecessary,describing landscape in such an exaggerated way is so misleading it makes you question everything else a person says......i dont know if its just done for dramatic effect or what but it devalues the whole subject for me.....like i say thanks though,brings it all closer to home when its areas you are so familiar with.

One of the reasons for showing it you was to get your reaction, despite how people think I,m blinded by it all, someone who is familiar with the land will be able to gauge the validity of it much better than me, I treat everything with suspicion and find lying a very personal insult, glad you enjoyed it and hope you gained a little bit from it, cheers ?

• Like 1

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I will donate this camera to your cat hunting if you would like it  lumix fz72 60x zoom 

Was out for a walk with the dogs this morning, bumped into a fellow I sort of know through a lot of common interests we often stop for a chat,he hunts a bit and likes his old cars I have something for

Just re reading the whole thread and you’ve come under some real stick mate .Apologies for my part .Doesn’t mean I’m a believer just embarrassing some of the comments 

Posted Images

28 minutes ago, sandymere said:

Amur leopards live in very cold climate.

EN.WIKIPEDIA.ORG

It's interesting to note that in a wilderness area "Camera-trapping surveys conducted between 2014 and 2015 revealed 92 individuals in an 8,398 km2 (3,242 sq mi) large transboundary area along the Russian-Chinese border" two thirds the size of England yet we can't get a single shot of the 200 big cats in the UK when we have a massive coverage with cameras of various sorts.......

If I was payed to do it full time I,m sure I’d make a much faster progress as well, watch the keepers of leopard land to realise how much the Russians invest in monitoring these cats and even with all the manpower they still manage to loose them for years at a time ?

3 minutes ago, Greyman said:

If I was payed to do it full time I,m sure I’d make a much faster progress as well, watch the keepers of leopard land to realise how much the Russians invest in monitoring these cats and even with all the manpower they still manage to loose them for years at a time ?

But in a massive wilderness with just a few hundred cameral traps they can just put up camera traps where they have sightings and get lots of footage with just 92 individuals. We have a country pretty much covered in cameras of one sort or another. Just one of the many groups on Facebook, over 4000 members most of which have cameras dotted across the UK in wilderness and urban areas getting shots of everything from Pine Martens to bumble bees...

WWW.(!64.56:886

Wildlife Watching and Trail Cameras UK has 4,293 members. Welcome to our group where you can share and discuss videos or photographs that you have...

Seems strange not a single big cat......ever...

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Greb147 said:

Maybe, you see a lot of these video clips that are clearly moggies. 

To the untrained eye a big feral cat could easily be mistaken for a big cat I suppose. 

Look into the kellas cat if your interested, it’s a large black wild cat that lives in Scotland and started as a scottishwildcat bred with a farm cat but is now Almost a separate species  ?

BE2E04DF-2DDD-425B-8BF1-FDF753E10F74.png

Edited by Greyman
  • Like 2
2 minutes ago, sandymere said:

But in a massive wilderness with just a few hundred cameral traps they can just put up camera traps where they have sightings and get lots of footage with just 92 individuals. We have a country pretty much covered in cameras of one sort or another. Just one of the many groups on Facebook, over 4000 members most of which have cameras dotted across the UK in wilderness and urban areas getting shots of everything from Pine Martens to bumble bees...

WWW.(!64.56:886

Wildlife Watching and Trail Cameras UK has 4,293 members. Welcome to our group where you can share and discuss videos or photographs that you have...

Seems strange not a single big cat......ever...

I can fully understand were you are coming from with that but from my own personal point I have seen a big black cat with my own eyes and I,ve also seen some clear pictures and video of them, sadly the owners of said pictures were not willing to share them, both had genuine reasons, but I,m sure someone will come forward with one soon and be willing to go public unless I get there first ?

12 minutes ago, Greyman said:

Look into the kellas cat if your interested ... Almost a separate species  ?

I'm interested. Only, last time I looked into it, it was all down to some woman who was a journalist.

Have we any Scientific data relating to them. Beyond " Strange, rabbit headed cat "?

1 minute ago, Daniel cain said:

This just came up on my news feed on the phone..https://www.express.co.uk/news/weird/1438617/big-cat-news-Wales-village-cctv-breaking-sweat-frodsham-puma-watch-ont

Moggison.

20 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

This just came up on my news feed on the phone..https://www.express.co.uk/news/weird/1438617/big-cat-news-Wales-village-cctv-breaking-sweat-frodsham-puma-watch-ont

Same here,  4 foot tall!!  ?  no wonder no f****r believes anyone!!  4 foot f***ing tall!!  And he could tell that, how many yards away, 100 or 200?!  ?

7 minutes ago, shaaark said:

Same here,  4 foot tall!!  ?  no wonder no f****r believes anyone!!  4 foot f***ing tall!!  And he could tell that, how many yards away, 100 or 200?!  ?

Nearly 50 inches at the shoulder, must have been a babi giraffe. ?

• Haha 1

15 rescued in a couple of years,  seems these American cougars get themselves into  trouble with  wandering into town or ending up as road kill etc. Luckily that  doesn't happen here ?

BIT.LY

The mountain lion was taken away on a gurney and brought to the Oakland Zoo.

6 hours ago, sandymere said:

15 rescued in a couple of years,  seems these American cougars get themselves into  trouble with  wandering into town or ending up as road kill etc. Luckily that  doesn't happen here ?

BIT.LY

The mountain lion was taken away on a gurney and brought to the Oakland Zoo.

Don't know how you can compare the US with UK as Cougars are indigenous in the US and have reach a population that is as high as it's going to get. Where as down in South Devon even when there were lots of sighting you could only for sure say there were two Big Cats one Black one Sandy coloured. In an area roughly from Plymouth to Exeter and from Prince Town to Salcombe thats roughly 1000 square miles. Hardly surprising no trail camera photos as that makes it almost impossible to work out were they would show up next. 

This discounts smaller varieties of Big Cats like the Leopard Cat shot at Widecombe-in -the-Moor in 1988 by one of my mates Uncle, well documented.

Cheers Arry

Edited by Arry
  • Like 4
14 hours ago, Greyman said:

Look into the kellas cat if your interested, it’s a large black wild cat that lives in Scotland and started as a scottishwildcat bred with a farm cat but is now Almost a separate species  ?

BE2E04DF-2DDD-425B-8BF1-FDF753E10F74.png

I was having a read about these last night and stumbled across this thread.

https://www.thestalkingdirectory.co.uk/threads/big-cat.97484/page-5

Bloke reckons he shot a 20inch 28lbs sandy colour cat that got identified by a museum as a wildcat hybrid

• Like 2
  • paulus locked this topic