• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I will donate this camera to your cat hunting if you would like it  lumix fz72 60x zoom 

Was out for a walk with the dogs this morning, bumped into a fellow I sort of know through a lot of common interests we often stop for a chat,he hunts a bit and likes his old cars I have something for

Just re reading the whole thread and you’ve come under some real stick mate .Apologies for my part .Doesn’t mean I’m a believer just embarrassing some of the comments 

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Greyman said:

if you actually took the time to listen to the podcasts all your silly little points are covered over and over,

But that's the point they are't covered, there are no road kills etc and all the excuses in the world can't deny that.

25 minutes ago, sandymere said:

But that's the point they are't covered, there are no road kills etc and all the excuses in the world can't deny that.

Tbe sandy your asking grey for ages to explain to you,but you dont do the same,you just put articles up instead of explaining yourself,cant expect grey to do it if you dont do it?

1 hour ago, sandymere said:

All you are doing is showing the fact you aren’t really interested and have not bothered listening to the podcasts there are people that have seen them dead on the road and at least one that has actually ran one over there are politicians and policemen doctors and biologists not your average lunatics sane people relaying there real life encounters, there is always going to be the odd crank that gets through the net but in general most of them are normal everyday people that can relay there story’s without having some div like yourself heckling them,?

2 hours ago, Greyman said:

All you are doing is showing the fact you aren’t really interested and have not bothered listening to the podcasts there are people that have seen them dead on the road and at least one that has actually ran one over there are politicians and policemen doctors and biologists not your average lunatics sane people relaying there real life encounters, there is always going to be the odd crank that gets through the net but in general most of them are normal everyday people that can relay there story’s without having some div like yourself heckling them,?

And none of them got a chance to snap a pic before the men in black came along to dispose of the body?

• Haha 1
7 hours ago, sandymere said:

Still no road kill, decent images or evidence. No cubs being flushed from harvest or the beating line, no cats treed by dogs or caught on CCTV. No pumas protecting cubs or leopards predating dogs. As ever just the few instances of the eye playing tricks on the mind when a shadow becomes a monster, a fox a puma. 

To move the thread along, I understand there is talk of re introducing the Lynx to Scotland which would be interesting although, as controlling deer numbers is the main reason, perhaps wolves would be a better species. The European wolf would likely be viable if rewilding/reforestation is going to become a reality in Scotland. It would have an impact on sheep farming but that could be balanced with increased tourism. In reality as they have stopped plans to re introduce the sea eagle to Norfolk due to farmers worries about stock predation i feel the chance of getting the introduction of a major predator to the UK if very unlikely.

One day maybe but I don't feel I'll be following in my fathers footsteps as the last wolf hunter in the UK.

I friend of mine did his dissertation on re introducing wolves to scotland . I cant remember what was said in it but i remember him telling me theirs absolutly no way that it would work 

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Welsh_red said:

I friend of mine did his dissertation on re introducing wolves to scotland . I cant remember what was said in it but i remember him telling me theirs absolutly no way that it would work 

There are students at the RAU that do there’s on big cats as well mate, not every year, but there have been a few good ones ?

19 hours ago, Greyman said:

The lynx reintroduction has been ongoing for the last 5 years or more so try to keep up, with regard to the rest of your pathetic statements for me and mine things are moving along just fine as with everything else the virus has been a bit of a pain but other than that it’s all moving along fine, for a man like yourself that sees life through Wikipedia it’s no surprise you struggle to grasp it but for me and many other outdoorsmen it’s an ongoing situation, if you actually took the time to listen to the podcasts all your silly little points are covered over and over, including road accidents, hunts flushing them etc even people that have shot them, I have a soldier coming on in December who was on Dartmoor not far from you I believe on an exercise with the army and watched one through thermal imaging, so now you have tried to raise your silly little lame point again is there anything of any real importance I can help you with or do you feel better again for a month or so, ps the thermal imaging rifle sites are bringing up some good footage for us lately another new string to people’s bows, but that’s for another day???

they don't look like there getting very far with it after 5 years to be honest                                                                                 Into the wild: Could lynx be reintroduced to Scotland? - BBC News

19 hours ago, Greyman said:

So where are they?? If i saw a dead leopard by the road i'd get a photo, as would a lot of people, just about everyone has a mobile phone with them these days. Our eyes play tricks on us all the time hence people thinking they have seen a big cat or alien etc, its not an insult just a reality of how our minds work and a glimpse of something whilst driving past is the perfect scenario for such eye/mind errors. If there were a real body someone would stop and take a picture, the police would be called and it would be a national story and as I've stated before it would be all over social media in hours. Alas the reason it isn't is because there are no road causalities etc and if there are no road causalities there isn't a population.

ps I don't know why you feel the need to insult people that disagree with you, it just makes you look petty, remember natural history is a science and works best when viewed as such.

1 hour ago, sandymere said:

So where are they?? If i saw a dead leopard by the road i'd get a photo, as would a lot of people, just about everyone has a mobile phone with them these days. Our eyes play tricks on us all the time hence people thinking they have seen a big cat or alien etc, its not an insult just a reality of how our minds work and a glimpse of something whilst driving past is the perfect scenario for such eye/mind errors. If there were a real body someone would stop and take a picture, the police would be called and it would be a national story and as I've stated before it would be all over social media in hours. Alas the reason it isn't is because there are no road causalities etc and if there are no road causalities there isn't a population.

ps I don't know why you feel the need to insult people that disagree with you, it just makes you look petty, remember natural history is a science and works best when viewed as such.

I insult people that are annoying little pricks, loads of people disagree and I,m willing to learn from them, but I have no time for Fanny’s like yourself and if I met you I would tell you the exact same to your face, you just come on here to annoy so don’t start crying when you get told, if you don’t want me to remind you of what an arse you are just go and look in the mirror instead of posting, I despise everything you are and everything you stand for and the chances of us ever having a civil discussion are zero so if you don’t want me to insult you stop wasting both our times by posting simples ???? 

3 hours ago, greg64 said:

they don't look like there getting very far with it after 5 years to be honest                                                                                 Into the wild: Could lynx be reintroduced to Scotland? - BBC News

The sad thing is at one point they had a lot of support, but the guy in charge of it all seems to have a knack of pissing people off and I think he has just burnt most of his bridges now so the likelyhood is it won’t happen, my main interest in it was purely to see how long it took one of the tracked cats from the project to pair up with one that was nothing to do with the releases, then there would be some proper questions raised ??

• Like 1
57 minutes ago, Greyman said:

The sad thing is at one point they had a lot of support, but the guy in charge of it all seems to have a knack of pissing people off and I think he has just burnt most of his bridges now so the likelyhood is it won’t happen, my main interest in it was purely to see how long it took one of the tracked cats from the project to pair up with one that was nothing to do with the releases, then there would be some proper questions raised ??

personally i would of liked to have seen them reintroduced but i don't that it would be a good thing or a bad one to be honest

• Like 1
2 hours ago, greg64 said:

personally i would of liked to have seen them reintroduced but i don't that it would be a good thing or a bad one to be honest

Very secretive cat lynx’s that’s why the tracking collars would have been great because I doubt we would see them again, like the mountain lions in the states they have a huge amount of data it’s the only way to learn about them, one of the tracked male pumas has a territory of 400 square miles ?

• Like 1

I'm on the fence with this but I do know a farmer who said he has seen the same big cat twice now this lad (as one) no need to lie and (2) doesn't gain anything from it both were in day light and clear I have known this lad 30 years plus and he's as straight as they come so I have no doubts not to believe him .that said I haven't heard any sheep being done but there's a good head of roe so I doubt a couple going missing would raise any eyebrows especially as some woods are dense and only see minimum human activity in there me normally a few times a season 

• Like 2
  • paulus locked this topic