Speaking of Leopard/Puma hybrids that are the new crazy theory. 

They suffer from dwarfism, less than half the size of either parent. 

So next time you see what you think is a sausage dog, it may be a Big Cat. ?

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I will donate this camera to your cat hunting if you would like it  lumix fz72 60x zoom 

Was out for a walk with the dogs this morning, bumped into a fellow I sort of know through a lot of common interests we often stop for a chat,he hunts a bit and likes his old cars I have something for

Just re reading the whole thread and you’ve come under some real stick mate .Apologies for my part .Doesn’t mean I’m a believer just embarrassing some of the comments 

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Ken's Deputy said:

Anyone wanting some Good shit, for a change? Just plug " Luna The Pantera " into the chub. Fill your boots! :D

Good shit that is mate.. I'd forgotten I'd already seen some of those clips on YouTube.

I must have been on the Westons that evening!!

That bloddy dozey Rottie though... looks about as clever as a chocolate Lab!!!

Great footage for size comparrison though... ?

• Like 1

I Love the big, soft lump of a Rott!  Had one myself. Complete teddy bear! :D

Most of all though, I love the cats crazy eyes! She always looks so completely Stunned at what ever she's looking at! ?

Maybe it's the dark fur accentuating them? Dunno. Pretty sure I've never noticed a normal leopard looking That blown away by all and sundry?!

Fukking breaks my heart to think that one of them will die first :cry:

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, Bush Rummager said:

Good shit that is mate.. I'd forgotten I'd already seen some of those clips on YouTube.

I must have been on the Westons that evening!!

That bloddy dozey Rottie though... looks about as clever as a chocolate Lab!!!

Great footage for size comparrison though... ?

Another video showcasing a size comparison with a bigger cat than the Leopard in the Jaguar and some dogs. 

When you hear tales of a black panther dwarfing a German Shepherd then I instantly think "Here we go again."

1 minute ago, Greb147 said:

Another video showcasing a size comparison with a bigger cat than the Leopard in the Jaguar and some dogs. 

When you hear tales of a black panther dwarfing a German Shepherd then I instantly think "Here we go again."

Your spending a lot of time on this thread Greb....

Cheers, D.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, dytkos said:

Your spending a lot of time on this thread Greb....

Cheers, D.

That's the point isn't it? 

Just trying to help people sieve through the rubbish tbh. 

9 hours ago, Aussie Whip said:

If there is a breeding population of big cats I think they would breed to the size that suits the environment over there. I've heard off a hunter from US that adult puma can range from 50 to over 300lbs.

The big variation in size is due to bergmann's rule, the increase in size at higher latitudes is essential for survival in colder climates. 

I doubt the UK would require such adaptations, if it did, those cats in Greyman's region would be on the small side of the scale. 

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

The big variation in size is due to bergmann's rule, the increase in size at higher latitudes is essential for survival in colder climates. 

I doubt the UK would require such adaptations, if it did, those cats in Greyman's region would be on the small side of the scale. 

I can imagine pumas surviving/ breeding in really cold temps as some do in their native country but what about leopards, (apart from snow leopards) which live in really hot environments?

Just now, Aussie Whip said:

I can imagine pumas surviving/ breeding in really cold temps as some do in their native country but what about leopards, (apart from snow leopards) which live in really hot environments?

Leopards have vast range mate, they don't just inhabit Africa. 

We can go on all day about possible scenarios and different theories. 

The most common theory over here is that there's both leopards and cougars roaming our land, talk of hybrids producing a healthy population of big cats is too far fetched for me. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Greb147 said:

Leopards have vast range mate, they don't just inhabit Africa. 

We can go on all day about possible scenarios and different theories. 

The most common theory over here is that there's both leopards and cougars roaming our land, talk of hybrids producing a healthy population of big cats is too far fetched for me. 

I was thinking India, Africa. With the feral cats here getting bigger all the time and only 200 years to evolve, how long have feral cats been in the UK, thousands of years? Could these big cats be just a huge evolved feral?

57 minutes ago, Aussie Whip said:

I was thinking India, Africa. With the feral cats here getting bigger all the time and only 200 years to evolve, how long have feral cats been in the UK, thousands of years? Could these big cats be just a huge evolved feral?

Maybe, you see a lot of these video clips that are clearly moggies. 

To the untrained eye a big feral cat could easily be mistaken for a big cat I suppose. 

• Like 1
On 17/05/2021 at 21:39, Greyman said:

Don’t know if this is close to you mate it’s a photo not a link mind but you may find it of interest, maybe even get some pointers for your own cameras 

BD496AB0-D679-444E-877B-1B968A6A9771.png

Thanks for putting that up mate it was really interesting to listen to although must admit i do have some issues with it,the fella is talking about land and areas i know like the back of my hand as i live within Epping Forest.....i mean at what point does an exaggeration become a lie.....describing distances so inaccurately is unnecessary,describing landscape in such an exaggerated way is so misleading it makes you question everything else a person says......i dont know if its just done for dramatic effect or what but it devalues the whole subject for me.....like i say thanks though,brings it all closer to home when its areas you are so familiar with.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
7 hours ago, Aussie Whip said:

Amur leopards live in very cold climate.

EN.WIKIPEDIA.ORG

It's interesting to note that in a wilderness area "Camera-trapping surveys conducted between 2014 and 2015 revealed 92 individuals in an 8,398 km2 (3,242 sq mi) large transboundary area along the Russian-Chinese border" two thirds the size of England yet we can't get a single shot of the 200 big cats in the UK when we have a massive coverage with cameras of various sorts.......

• Like 1
  • paulus locked this topic