Scottish Independence

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Veto veto veto no chance for Scotland to join the EU.Does make me laugh though when a supposed nationalist wants to give their countries sovereignty away to the EU . Sturgeon is no nationalist she's j

Myself, as a Scot, I quite like the idea of a devolved Scottish government with more control of local and purely Scottish matters but still remain part of the UK. I can't quite grasp the snp's idea

I was a yes,,,but now a no,, dont want EU,,, rather be with a English bull dog than a Brussels sprout lol

Posted Images

Norway don't have it that good, they pay the same as us, but are not totally in the EU laws wise, but they still have the open access, and still pay the same as us into the kitty to receive the trade agreement.

your making out scotland has nothing, no skills, without england it would be....scottish whisky, more than 4.3 billion and the uks biggest food and drinks export, but is classed as english ... so on record it doesnt show as scottish ;)natural resources, oil and gas will continue to make money for many more years comerenewable engry, classed at the saudi arabia of renewablesif scotland were to become independent, we wouldnt have the skills to build cars etc etc???we wouldnt have the skills for the london finace sector when it needs to move????our people are unskilled and poor, what would we do... come on, you got to do better????with full control, different paths can be taken, money can be saved, tough choices will have to be made, but they will be made in the interest of scotland, not westminster.. the uk is a political union that has failed

No way I'm I suggesting that Scotland is a bunch of spastics who can't do things, history has shown that's not the case.....but that ugly bitch Sturgeon claims she wants independence but then wants to sell you down the river by joining the EU whereby you will no longer have independence.......that's the bit I'm not getting?
WJK has also said there would need to be a massive wave of immigration to Scotland to make their plans work, so there is clearly a skill shortage..

your making out scotland has nothing, no skills, without england it would be....scottish whisky, more than 4.3 billion and the uks biggest food and drinks export, but is classed as english ... so on record it doesnt show as scottish ;)natural resources, oil and gas will continue to make money for many more years comerenewable engry, classed at the saudi arabia of renewablesif scotland were to become independent, we wouldnt have the skills to build cars etc etc???we wouldnt have the skills for the london finace sector when it needs to move????our people are unskilled and poor, what would we do... come on, you got to do better????with full control, different paths can be taken, money can be saved, tough choices will have to be made, but they will be made in the interest of scotland, not westminster.. the uk is a political union that has failed

No way I'm I suggesting that Scotland is a bunch of spastics who can't do things, history has shown that's not the case.....but that ugly bitch Sturgeon claims she wants independence but then wants to sell you down the river by joining the EU whereby you will no longer have independence.......that's the bit I'm not getting?

I'm saying they are! they've nearly bankrupted their country twice. This independence thing will be the third and last time. Ffs there are some real idiots in this world ?

To be honest I think Stergeon is an opportunist, self serving, treacherous whore.

At a time when we should all be pulling together and showing confidence to go forward as an independant UK, Sturgeon is like a snivelling rat going behind our backs to try and do deals with the EU.

If this was the Second World War, she would be doing something similar with Hitler, if he promised her independence over a conquered Britain.

• Like 1

Norway don't have it that good, they pay the same as us, but are not totally in the EU laws wise, but they still have the open access, and still pay the same as us into the kitty to receive the trade agreement.

I wonder if the EU interfere with Norway's internal governance.

Just because Norway have a poor deal, it doesn't mean we have to accept the same.

Negotiations are all about pushing for your own deal, not just matching an existing example.

If the eu and uk do a trade deal similar to norways then trade between the uk and iscotland would be unafected by leaving the uk political union as we would still have a trading union without the uk plus all the benefits of eu membership and grants

The debate about whether an independent Scotland which joined or remained in the EU would be forced to adopt the Euro and therefore be liable for a [/size]multi-billion-poundcontribution to the eurozone bailout fund, the subject of much Unionist scaremongering in recent days would appear to have reached a definitive end. A[/size]letter in today's Scotsman from Drew Scott, Professor of European Union Studies at the University of Edinburgh, backs up a [/size]blog on Thursday from SNP activist and EU law graduate Stephen Noon by noting that regardless of current rules which say new members must join the currency, the EU also stipulates that no member can do so without first being a member of the Exchange Rate Mechanism for two years.[/size]

ERM participation, however, is not compulsory for new members. And therefore any country joining the EU whether as a successor state or from scratch which doesn't want to join the Euro can simply elect to remain outwith the ERM, and therefore put off joining the Euro indefinitely. Noon points to the specific chapter and verse in EU regulations, and Professor Scott backs his conclusion. Scotland CAN join the EU but stay out of the Euro. The argument would seem to be over.

We are Governed for the benefit of the UK not for Scotlands economy and its people. If we have all the advantages of oil and gas, the most educated population, higher exports than the RUK, natural resources and massive wind and tidal energy prospects, whisky and food exports etc all economic advantages other small nations would kill for but as you point out their deficits are smaller than ours - how can that be when we also have the added advantage of being part of the UK - or no wait minute if thats the only difference maybe thats the disadvantage?

Edited by Joe1888

WJK has also said there would need to be a massive wave of immigration to Scotland to make their plans work, so there is clearly a skill shortage..

the same could be said for the uk, doctors, surgeons not sturgeons ;) etc etc etc

Edited by Joe1888

I'm saying they are! they've nearly bankrupted their country twice. This independence thing will be the third and last time. Ffs there are some real idiots in this world

are you still blaming scotland for the banking crisis, didnt we clear that one up aswell?

Edited by Joe1888

I feel it would be a major blow to the uk to lose Scotland and its time that all the historical, or is it hysterical, bad feeling of some ended. In the main it’s all made up rubbish to fool the easily led. I feel we should be proud of what we share rather than some comparatively minor differences.

Having said that I feel the EU will discourage Scotland leaving the UK as a way to encourage the rest of the UK to consider their position on the EU. But if the UK leaves then it will be in the EUs interest to not just allow Scotland to join but to actively help them to succeed in the short to midterm, whilst doing all it can to show the decision to leave was a bad one for the remainder of the UK. Basically they want to maintain stability so making it hard for the UK will make others think twice and making it better for Scotland, in the event of them leaving the UK and staying in Europe, they could show the sort of comparison that would make great propaganda.

Edited by sandymere
  • Like 2

I feel it would be a major blow to the uk to lose Scotland and its time that all the historical, or is it hysterical, bad feeling of some ended. In the main it’s all made up rubbish to fool the easily led. I feel we should be proud of what we share rather than some comparatively minor differences.

Having said that I feel the EU will discourage Scotland leaving the UK as a way to encourage the rest of the UK to consider their position on the EU. But if the UK leaves then it will be in the EUs interest to not just allow Scotland to join but to actively help them to succeed in the short to midterm, whilst doing all it can to show the decision to leave was a bad one for the remainder of the UK. Basically they want to maintain stability so making it hard for the UK will make others think twice and making it better for Scotland, in the event of them leaving the UK and staying in Europe, they could show the sort of comparison that would make great propaganda.

Good post and one that makes total sense.

As I have asked all along (and by the way Joe has managed to avoid giving me a reply too) is that I can't fathom why you would want independence in order to give it away again which is exactly what Sturgeon is proposing?

Poor deluded fools so swept away with nationalist pride and brainwashed by Sturgeon and Salmonds rhetoric that they just don't know what's good for them anymore.

Sturgeon has some transparent anti-english agenda going on. Maybe she's watched Braveheart too many times. Maybe she was dumped by an Englishman years ago. Whatever it it is, she's making emotional decisions and not logically thinking about the long term good of the Scottish people.

Not that it really matters anyway because she has no real power - we're all part of Great Britain, controlled by the westminster government (we don't like it either). The decision to leave is not hers - it would need to be granted and, to be quite frank, that ain't gonna happen.

Personally, I like the UK just the way it is. We have 4 nations that are very proud of their own identities, that come together to make the finest country in the world.

If we could get rid of the poisonous polititians, Britain could be great again.

post-102688-0-42203500-1469982450.jpg

Edited by Jonjon79
  • Like 5

I wonder if the EU interfere with Norway's internal governance.

Just because Norway have a poor deal, it doesn't mean we have to accept the same.

Negotiations are all about pushing for your own deal, not just matching an existing example.

It would suit me if there was no deal, and we just flew over, or sail round the EU.

f**k sake joe you c**ts still banging on about this f***ing independence.

You are so blinkered you fail to see the whole of scotland dodged a bullet by not gaining independence.

dont here you c**ts shouting about the oil these days lol

Seriously you need to accept the fact the majority of scots didnt want it!

• Like 5

f**k sake joe you c**ts still banging on about this f***ing independence.

You are so blinkered you fail to see the whole of scotland dodged a bullet by not gaining independence.

dont here you c**ts shouting about the oil these days lol

Seriously you need to accept the fact the majority of scots didnt want it!

good to see you back on ya rangers hun cu** :laugh::thumbs::victory:

it will happen one day mate, sooner the better