Dumping The North Sea

Thats it. Had enough. Would rather earn much less and be happier than drag my arse out there any longer.

Will be skint for maybe 6 months, but have prepared.

Anyone contemplating the offshore life, it`s going down the pan.

Oil price is rising and the companies still want your blood and firstborn cause they are "skint"

Anyhoo, at least the dogs will get properly worked this winter.

• Like 5

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You`ve got to have a work/life balance.You`re only here once

Thats it. Had enough. Would rather earn much less and be happier than drag my arse out there any longer.   Will be skint for maybe 6 months, but have prepared.   Anyone contemplating the offshore

You can be the richest person in the graveyard,but your still dead.

Posted Images

unforgiving place , i worked on the tow out routges about 40 yrs ago i was on a survey vessel thistle and fortes fields and b etween b ergen and stravanar .at least the tin can i was on was moving!! met a few guys in bergan they were saturation divers big money bet there all dead now..

Yup

My new job is a great shift pattern based on 12 hr days and nights. Training wage for 6 months then pretty comfy after that.

Hate working away now and they are piling the pressure on. We`ve had 2 nervous breakdowns and a heart attack death at 48 in the last couple of years and they have just cut the shit out of the workforce so more grief for those left.

Flew back into Aberdeen last week and the heliport was full of tied up stored Eurocopter 225`s. No one allowed to fly them cause they can`t be depended on to stay in the sky. I`ve flew in those for 10 yrs ! fuckit, enoughs enough.

Am seriously looking forward to being able to walk my own dogs every day.

Yup

My new job is a great shift pattern based on 12 hr days and nights. Training wage for 6 months then pretty comfy after that.

Hate working away now and they are piling the pressure on. We`ve had 2 nervous breakdowns and a heart attack death at 48 in the last couple of years and they have just cut the shit out of the workforce so more grief for those left.

Flew back into Aberdeen last week and the heliport was full of tied up stored Eurocopter 225`s. No one allowed to fly them cause they can`t be depended on to stay in the sky. I`ve flew in those for 10 yrs ! fuckit, enoughs enough.

Am seriously looking forward to being able to walk my own dogs every day.

whats your new job then.? will it be on land.

I'm out here at the moment and it's all doom and gloom with the lads on rotation. I'm not to bad I just come out as and when, do the job and go home. It could be a couple of days or a couple of weeks just depends on the job. Problem is there's no 3 on 3 off or anything for us lol soon as I get back I'm off working somewhere else the next day. So very sporadic but a nice wage top up. Good luck with new job rake ;) who were you on for?

Atb ant

The industry is going to be in a tight spot for a couple of years. The recovery was never going to be quite what some analysts were claiming. Maybe hit $70 by the new year at best! And as soon as it does, all those yank shale drillers will fire back up and keep the price there.

Well, unless someone could bomb an Aramco pipeline or the Iranians threaten to shut off the Strait of Hormuz. That'd be grand! LOL

Edited by Born Hunter

Rake , Lee asked me to speak to our senior lecturer about a job offshore and at the time he said leave it a year and think about it the falling price of petrol's killing it . its more than a year and the guys still saying dont touch it

moneys no everything mate

i worked on the cherry pickers for 25 years,nights weekends all hours and good money jacked it all in last year got know when you had enough,lorry driver now mon-fri,home early every day,money shite but we get by spend more time with the dogs now than i ever did atb with the new job