Dumping The North Sea

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You`ve got to have a work/life balance.You`re only here once

Thats it. Had enough. Would rather earn much less and be happier than drag my arse out there any longer.   Will be skint for maybe 6 months, but have prepared.   Anyone contemplating the offshore

You can be the richest person in the graveyard,but your still dead.

Posted Images

Can't really understand folk moaning about offshore how many jobs to you only work half the year (not a dig at you rake) but just in general especially the lads in the North Sea they don't know how easy they've got it ....offshore tigers more like fukin pussys ....the North Sea needed a clear out I have never met such lazy c@nts especially In the construction side ....very unionised .

The drop in oil price has effected everyone from the hookers to taxi drivers to resteraunts all over the world ...I have been working with American and Canadian lads lately and it is the same in their areas as it is up here around Aberdeen folk loosing their houses cars etc .

Let's hope the price of oil gets back up there sooner rather than later and the industry gets back on its feet

Good luck to you rake, what's the new job mate? Iv been pretty down with work latly totally pissed of with it but just got to plod on. Would love to find a job that I could start early and finish early and take turns Doing the school run ect feel like I've missed my kids growing up with being at work all the time the last few year so just started knocking the OT back

Once u have an offshore job ull no want another job,thats what they use to say..old man been off shore since I was 3 year old when he walked out on his marriage to go off shore 37+ year ago he was electrical fitter ,hes now senior feild supervisor,,can't be that bad if he's stuck it this long

U should have tried working on building sites during the ression,talk about treating the trades like dirt

• Like 1

All your getting now Offshore is the time off,two weeks on two weeks off in my case.I was earning more money nine year ago than I am now,on the same rig doing the same job for the same company. Another wage cut or they bring in three and three and it could well be working back at home for me also.

All your getting now Offshore is the time off,two weeks on two weeks off in my case.I was earning more money nine year ago than I am now,on the same rig doing the same job for the same company. Another wage cut or they bring in three and three and it could well be working back at home for me also.

I would bite your hand off for 3 n 3

Good luck mate I'm in the same boat not on the rigs but have been offshore. I'm fed up of being away from home. The way Im looking at it is I can't get time with my kids back.

Will that mean you wont giving anymore permissions away though? ?

Yeah brickies are doing alright again...shame there block work hasn't improved much lol but it's OK us plasterers will cover there sins with our magic wand

Yes that true,we point all our brickwork and all cuts done on saw.looks like face work.hate rough blockwork.

Mik fuel at the pumps is back around the £1.12 per litre around here.

5 or so years ago it was around the same and the industry was ok.

So why is this price now not a even keel for everyone across the board ?

f**k going back to 1.50 mark .

That or anywhere near that was a total pisstake for motorists.

Oil cannot viably be produced at $50 a bbl in most countries so the quicker it goes up to $100 a bbl the better and the 100000 people that have been paid of in my area would agree