Who Is The Craziest Lurcherman On Thl?

99% OF LURCHER MEN A LOW LIFE ARSE HOLES 60%HAVE NEVER HELD DOWN A PROPER JOB .

Thats a tad harsh,id say 95% :angel: ,being serious though in all my time with lurchers,terriers and ferrets i found the lurcher owners generally came 3rd,yet the lads and lasses i respect the most usually owned a lurcher.I spent 7 years in the 80,s without a 9 to 5 job,it interfered with my hunting and me and a close lurcher mucker worked to earn brass to eat,feed and tend the mutts and put petrol in the motor for our life in pursuit of a chase,honest or otherwise.Ive nothing but respect now for the youngsters entering the game,the genuine types,i know how difficult it is to find work now,in my time jobs where plentifull,now they are like hens teeth,so id spend my dole a little wiser,graft the dog a tad longer than the folk in employment and keep my CV,s flowing.The biggest arseholes ive encountered in hunting often lived in an Ivory tower.

• Like 1

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

thing is some people live and breath hunting its there way of life and hats off to them they want to be the best at their game and obviously want to be talked about! Don't get me wrong I love the dogs

Birds a bit crazy he cuts the ears if the rabbits before feeding them to his dogs so they dont know thier rabbits

One of your better posts Matty ?,fair play to you,you've stuck at it unlike many ,its when times get tough,dogs killed,caught somewhere perhaps you shouldn't of been or with something you shouldn't of

Can't see much difference whether you need your hand holding whilst lamping or out daywalking? That is unless your scared of the dark?

When i started out it was always in company and i sought the company of like minded souls to share the experiences,now i prefer the quiet isolation of lone hunting and prefer the solitude and the less demanding nature that company cannot give me.The days i hunt in company,Boxing day etc,seem more enjoyable after the enforced hermitage,i used to be scared of the dark,thats why i take a dog along now.

• Like 1

I will start a new thread for you Katchum.

Who's had dogs the longest.

You might make top 50 ???

Plenty on here will battle it out with you.[/quotet. That a little bite there gaz mate.lol]

• Like 2

I work 9 till 5 six days a week I'm out 4 and 5 nights a week leave the house at 11 pick Butler up then back in for half 2 all been well sat night when I'm off graft Sunday it's usually the big road trip or a six o'clock rock local .The day I can't do these things ill jack the dogs in its more than a hobby it's a obsession.

• Like 3

I work 9 till 5 six days a week I'm out 4 and 5 nights a week leave the house at 11 pick Butler up then back in for half 2 all been well sat night when I'm off graft Sunday it's usually the big road trip or a six o'clock rock local .The day I can't do these things ill jack the dogs in its more than a hobby it's a obsession.

Many of us once owned that obsessive outlook on lurcher life,in my case it took a decade or 3 to re-invent my hunting lifestyle,there is as much enjoyment and gratification from a less demanding hunting lifestyle now,in a decade or 3 you may concur,until then keep at it mucker.

• Like 3

I will start a new thread for you Katchum.

Who's had dogs the longest.

You might make top 50

Plenty on here will battle it out with you.

I'm not old so i can't even come close to 50th I reckon, it's surely between some of the old folks among us, iww, Phil loyd, and yourself lol

I'm glad you've given it plenty of thought.

For a long time, I would have gone lamping on my own. Still do occasionally. The only disadvantage is when your dog makes an exceptional catch and you've no one to share the buzz with

I usually phone Samaritans to tell somebody

I had a job working for the Samaritans.

I tried phoning in sick but they talked me out of it lol.

• Like 4