David Haye V Mark De Mori.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What a bizarre nation of sports fans we are.....David Haye is not a legitimate heavyweight in todays times yet is desperately trying to compete with far bigger men than himself in order to win the gre

Was it me or was that presenter a c**t

De Mori had a better record than Szpilka who Wilder just fought for the WBC belt,De Mori is better than anyone Wilder has faced as Champion with the only decent fighter on Wilders record being Stivern

I think haye had the potential to clean the klitchkos and do well for himself, but he just wasnt hungry enough. I do get that you cant win a fight with a broken toe, but he should have postponed it instead of taking the cheque. If he goes in with the right mindset he will wipe the floor with most of the division. Regarding aj, he is miles away from being ready to fight haye but tyson haye would be a good match up.

After all the slagging Haye has had since the Wlad fight over his big toe issue I think it could make him more focused and hungrier this time around. Dont get me wrong Haye is a good fighter and acheived a lot but I think he still never gave it 100% and I was a big fan of Haye but I think he has a point to prove this time with all the nockers since the Wlad fight.

• Like 1

Haye will blow this guy out to make a statement let's not forget he was handpicked and not really any good atall he lost to someone with something like 14 wins 30 losses

Good boxer tho David but once he gets his big fight with aj he's gone into the sunset

Not really any good at all?...De Mori has won 30... lost 1... drawn 2...i think thats decent opposition for a come back fight after a 3 year lay off

Who's he beat ? Load of Australian nobodies

• Like 1

It's gonna be interesting, Haye is a gifted fighter for sure but he's never had the heart for me so...

Do you really believe that Bosun ?.....i think it was his first world title fight against the Frenchman i forget his name now but i remember him getting off the canvas to stop him he was also very honest in his defeat to Carl Thompson so i dont think he lacks heart....i just think some fighters are too intelligent for their own good !....Haye is a knowledgeable,astute and articulate man i think a fighter like him can often let his head rule his heart......us thick fuckers convince ourself we can beat anyone,its a desired trait to feel unbeatable but its not realistic......i think Haye is just a realist he knows deep down he is simply not big enough for this division and is too intelligent to convince himself otherwise.

• Like 1

It's gonna be interesting, Haye is a gifted fighter for sure but he's never had the heart for me so...

Do you really believe that Bosun ?.....i think it was his first world title fight against the Frenchman i forget his name now but i remember him getting off the canvas to stop him he was also very honest in his defeat to Carl Thompson so i dont think he lacks heart....i just think some fighters are too intelligent for their own good !....Haye is a knowledgeable,astute and articulate man i think a fighter like him can often let his head rule his heart......us thick fuckers convince ourself we can beat anyone,its a desired trait to feel unbeatable but its not realistic......i think Haye is just a realist he knows deep down he is simply not big enough for this division and is too intelligent to convince himself otherwise.

Gnash, you have just wrote what i couldn't. Writing 'heart' or the lack of it was simplifying what you have put much better, where his head rules his heart. And though i do believe Haye see's that the divison is booming with a new British champion but i dont see him as that fighter that got up off the canvas to win anymore...

Plus the heavyweight division is where the money is. Haye is definitely not big enough for the division really, but hell, he does well in it. I think we will be able to better judge AJ and Fury when and if they both fight Haye. Too small or not, Haye has been the best british heavyweight since Lewis imo. I suspect both Fury and AJ will do their best to avoid him-he's too risky an opponent for them.

Edited by jukel123
  • Like 1

By nature he isnt even a 15 stone fighter....when he went in the jungle program the other year he couldnt hold weight on because he wasnt training/eating correctly and so went down to nothing he is the type of guy that has to constantly work to hold the weight on whereas the true heavyweights have to work to keep the weight off !

Its a shame because in terms of distance timing and pure punch delivery he has the beating of all of them but they are simply too big for him.

• Like 1

mormec was the frenchmans name, went into his backyard to do it as well....i think people often forget haye held most the cruiser weight belts.....three years is a long time out, and without his old trainer will be interesting to see how he is...

Yokel

• Like 1

mormec was the frenchmans name, went into his backyard to do it as well....i think people often forget haye held most the cruiser weight belts.....three years is a long time out, and without his old trainer will be interesting to see how he is...

Yokel

I actually think the biggest fight out there for Haye ( world title wise ) will be if Tony Bellew can pick up a cruiserweight belt.......im pretty sure Haye could still do cruiserweight with ease and id fancy him to iron Bellew right out....but with the right promotion it would be a big money fight.............but again,it all depends what he has left he hasnt got a lot of miles on the clock and he looks after himself so i dont see any reason he wont be back at least close to his best.

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 1

think if he'd have stayed at cruiser he was unbeatable, never brought into he was struggling to make the weight....chasing bigger money, nowt wrong with that in my eyes, and i think he had the beating of most at heavy weight as well. can't work out if he's skint or he's had a good look at the current opposition and thought, i can have some of that...

yokel

Edited by YOKEL
  • Like 1

I agree with most of the comments on here. Haye is a cruiser weight and would demolish bellew. He doesnt have the power for the heavyweight division but is quick enough to balance that out. I think Fury will avoid him regardless of money, lets face it Haye isnt going to bring the biggest purse for him. I think he would test AJ and it would be interesting but why would AJ take the fight? Haye has nothing to lose and AJ everything. I dont think Haye would beat wilder but again I dont think he will be offered the chance.

at the end of the day he has been out of the division to long to be looking at these guys. He will win this fight tomorrow then call all of the top guys out and retire with the ego of no-one dare take on david haye, when actually no one is bother by him.

he better going into cruiser

• Like 1

I agree with most of the comments on here. Haye is a cruiser weight and would demolish bellew. He doesnt have the power for the heavyweight division but is quick enough to balance that out. I think Fury will avoid him regardless of money, lets face it Haye isnt going to bring the biggest purse for him. I think he would test AJ and it would be interesting but why would AJ take the fight? Haye has nothing to lose and AJ everything. I dont think Haye would beat wilder but again I dont think he will be offered the chance.

at the end of the day he has been out of the division to long to be looking at these guys. He will win this fight tomorrow then call all of the top guys out and retire with the ego of no-one dare take on david haye, when actually no one is bother by him.

he better going into cruiser

fair point :thumbs: