David Haye V Mark De Mori.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What a bizarre nation of sports fans we are.....David Haye is not a legitimate heavyweight in todays times yet is desperately trying to compete with far bigger men than himself in order to win the gre

Was it me or was that presenter a c**t

De Mori had a better record than Szpilka who Wilder just fought for the WBC belt,De Mori is better than anyone Wilder has faced as Champion with the only decent fighter on Wilders record being Stivern

It would also be fairer to bring the weigh ins back to the morning of the fight so there all on a level playing field,to many fighters know how to manipulate the early weigh ins to there advantage. The fighters weights are monitored now so no need for the weigh in the day before the fight,as an example Canelo weighs in at 155 the day before and fights the next day at 175-180+ . Another good thing would be to ban " catcwheights " for title fights,the title fights should all be fought at the correct weight for the division .

Ive had the discussion with a few chaps who are far more knowledgable than i am and although it would be a very radical change.....what reason is there not to have the weigh in,in the ring before the fight !!.......if indeed we want the true weight of a fighter for his size.......there is no safety issues as they will have had to hydrate themself correctly and prepare their bodies within the scope of what the true intentions of " a weigh in " actually are.

Edited by gnasher16

I agree the weigh can have big impact on a fight so should be as close as possible to the fight. When did the weigh ins start taking place the day before and was any reason given why?

The weigh ins take place the day before for safety...... same day weigh ins are dangerous when a fighter is cutting weight as he doesnt have enough time to re - hydrate from the weigh in and is therefore left in a possibly dangerous position.

My point is quite often a fighter is in a very unhealthy state on the scales,no fighter can fight in that condition therefore the whole cutting weight thing becomes pointless and you will see fighters fighting closer to their true weight for their size and not losing fights on the scales if the weigh in was minutes before the fight.

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 2