Parenting Question

At fifteen you know everything ....and today's fifteen year olds know more than everything . Comes the time when you have to let the kids start making there own way in life and start cutting them some slack ..all the time hoping they don't vear to far of track ...If the first fifteen years weren't wasted and they were guided into what is right and wrong they should be fine ..oh and don't panic !!!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's all this "modern parenting" bollox, I blame.   My sister-in-law is a good example of this. Shesees herself as her kids best mate. Chastisement is a rare thing, let alone any kind of punishment.

You sound genuinely worried about your sister ,I wouldn't over react though , I am presuming your mam goes to work and cooks and cleans for you all , maybe a bit of help is needed ,pitching in as a f

Dare how old are you ?.......aint you got any desire to get on your toes and do your own thing ?.....maybe its me but as a youngster i couldnt wait to f**k off from the family home who needs all that

Lol ya b*****ds winding me up. I think it ain't on a 15 year old girl coming in gone 12am and ain't happy about her smoking. I'd like to think that's normal but you never know in this day n age. Gonna have a word with her about smoking might fall on deaf ears but gotta try its my little sister.

Just warn her about the dangers of pakistani grooming gangs wat with me living in rotherham that would be my main concern over smokeing.

• Like 1

It sounds like your mother wants an easy life and let her do whatever she wants.This makes it very difficult for you to try and talk sense to your sister.All you can do is tell your mother that you`re disappointed with her and try and get on better with your sister and see if she`ll see you as an influential figure instead of a nagging big brother.

If that fails go on Jeremy Kyle lol. Good luck.

• Like 2

Probs for the best, as a grown man, if you move out....they guna need the room for your sisters little un soon. But look on the bright side atleast then she will be able to live off the state forever having never done a days work or out a penny in! Plus let her know each time she needs a pay rise or a bigger house just to pop another out.

• Like 2

You sound genuinely worried about your sister ,I wouldn't over react though , I am presuming your mam goes to work and cooks and cleans for you all , maybe a bit of help is needed ,pitching in as a family ,chatting to her about the situation instead of pointing out what she should and shouldn't be doing about it ,actually talking to your sister about the worry and affect her behavior is having on you all ,instead of confrontation all the time ,

Keep communicating ,let her know she is loved whatever ,offer support and guidance ,and be there for her if it all goes tits up ,

Don't give up ,and remember teenage girls can be the most selfish ,opinionated idiots on the planet ,so stay calm . atb

• Like 4

Some kids are saints and some are not and if there not there's sod all you can do about it. If she wants to smoke you can preach till your blue in the face won't change a thing. I predict next scummy boy friends and alcohol

You sound genuinely worried about your sister ,I wouldn't over react though , I am presuming your mam goes to work and cooks and cleans for you all , maybe a bit of help is needed ,pitching in as a family ,chatting to her about the situation instead of pointing out what she should and shouldn't be doing about it ,actually talking to your sister about the worry and affect her behavior is having on you all ,instead of confrontation all the time ,

Keep communicating ,let her know she is loved whatever ,offer support and guidance ,and be there for her if it all goes tits up ,

Don't give up ,and remember teenage girls can be the most selfish ,opinionated idiots on the planet ,so stay calm . atb

Sound words mate

Bollocks parenting, mothers are usually stricter with the oldest members of family, they then see how good the older ones turn out and chill with the younger ones,but this is not chilling out this is just very bad parenting, have chat with your sister about the way she is carrying on and you are for her own good but at that age she will think you are been a weirdo,then have chat with your mother about why she lets your sister come and go when she wants,and tell them when it all goes wrong told you so,and leave it at that no point wreaking your head it is up to your mother to sort her out these are the years she needs guiding's.....