Parenting Question

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's all this "modern parenting" bollox, I blame.   My sister-in-law is a good example of this. Shesees herself as her kids best mate. Chastisement is a rare thing, let alone any kind of punishment.

You sound genuinely worried about your sister ,I wouldn't over react though , I am presuming your mam goes to work and cooks and cleans for you all , maybe a bit of help is needed ,pitching in as a f

Dare how old are you ?.......aint you got any desire to get on your toes and do your own thing ?.....maybe its me but as a youngster i couldnt wait to f**k off from the family home who needs all that

If I was an adult and my 15 year old sister was coming home the next day from fukc knows where I would be on her like a ton of bricks and I would put the fear of God into her not to do it again BUT if you don't have that type of relationship where she looks up to you then you would be wasting your breath ... Your mother and father should be setting the ground rules and dishing out the punishment if she doesn't toe the line ... I remember when I was 18 my mother rung crying her eyes out that she had been told my youngest brother was doing drugs ... I drove to his school dragged him out of class and had the truth out of him ... That was the end of that ... BUT I had always been the big brother always looked after him always stood in when my old fella was away so I suppose that makes a difference ........

• Like 3

It's all this "modern parenting" bollox, I blame.

My sister-in-law is a good example of this. Shesees herself as her kids best mate. Chastisement is a rare thing, let alone any kind of punishment.

After he'd made a right show of her in the shopping centre, she told my nephew (7 years old) "I'm very disappointed in you. I want you to sit in your room and think about what you've done". So off he went to his room, where he proceeded to switch his PlayStation on and she was instantly consigned to dim memory.

My old mam would have battered seven shades of 5hit out of me, and not lost a winks sleep.

I think a lot of the trouble with the young these days is that their actions have little or no consequences - " You can't punish me, I've got rights !"

When I was young, the on!y right you had was the right to do as you were fecking well told...

• Like 8

My sister-in-law is a good example of this. Shesees herself as her kids best mate. Chastisement is a rare thing, let alone any kind of punishment.

After he'd made a right show of her in the shopping centre, she told my nephew (7 years old) "I'm very disappointed in you. I want you to sit in your room and think about what you've done". So off he went to his room, where he proceeded to switch his PlayStation on and she was instantly consigned to dim memory.

My old mam would have battered seven shades of 5hit out of me, and not lost a winks sleep.

I think a lot of the trouble with the young these days is that their actions have little or no consequences - " You can't punish me, I've got rights !"

When I was young, the on!y right you had was the right to do as you were fecking well told...

bang on times have changed. A copper told my 15 year old daughter your parents can't stop you going out. When we had a go at him he denied it but obviously trying be everybody's best mate. But once she new that we were stuffed lol

Bang on pal, everyone seems to want to be their kids best mates these days :no:

You can have the sort of relationship with your grown up kids but when they're young they need to respect you as an authority figure, not see you as one of their mates. I'm best pals with my Da now but when I was a kid "pal" was the last word I'd use to describe him :laugh:

• Like 1

It's her life let her live it , she will learn in the world of hard knocks , so she wants to smoke most of her mate maybe and she wants to look cool on es she's older she might pack it in or no but it's her life

Bang on pal, everyone seems to want to be their kids best mates these days :no:

You can have the sort of relationship with your grown up kids but when they're young they need to respect you as an authority figure, not see you as one of their mates. I'm best pals with my Da now but when I was a kid "pal" was the last word I'd use to describe him :laugh:

Same in our house mate. You crossed my mother at your peril !

Once , I'd planned to go out with my pals, so when she said I had to stay in, I muttered some profanity under my breath. I knew she'd heard me, the moment I started fearing for my life. I've never sworn in her presence in the almost 40 years since !

She's 15 full on puberty raging hormones etc etc, ask yourself this what were you doing at 15??????? Tell your mum to get her on the jack n Jill, and that watching too much Jeremy Kyle isn't what life is like haha, or show her Vicky pollard and say that's her double. In today's society I can understand your worries.

Dare how old are you ?.......aint you got any desire to get on your toes and do your own thing ?.....maybe its me but as a youngster i couldnt wait to f**k off from the family home who needs all that emotional shit and responsiblity stuff when theres fanny to be had why aint you and your pals out doing all the mad things young men do id be inclined to let your sister find her own way and your mum do her own parenting........but then my sister hates my guts so who am i to say anything :D

• Like 4

Lol gnash I do get my leg over with decent looking fanny as well. Will be moved out September too, still local enough I can run my washing back once a week, lol soon be told to f**k off for that. Ill always feel a bit responsible for my sister though. I don't blame her for wanting to stay out nor trying a fag. Its no secret I've tried things, did post that photo of me with the worst gurn lol. Think at 15 she should be home earlier than 3am and least get a bit of a bollocking for smoking. Otherwise might as well say there's no rules. Anyway some of comments are probably right end of the day it ain't my kid. When I do have some I'm sure mine will be saints and do nothing wrong ever :).

My 13 year old tried a ciggie not long ago I want to beleive she won't do it again but shes an idiot knowitall teenager like we all were. Her mum and I have no problem punishing her but I also like to be able to talk to me without the shit hitting the fan in a hormorne fuelled banshee fit. And we have that my daughter tells to me about everything and I do mean everything.... as usual it's the fuuckin idiot mates and their scummy parents that cause the bollocks. I'll tell you all this for free.... this is broken Britain right here!!! This shit although happens here it's no where near the scale of Blighty and it's evident on the happy faces of the majority of kids you see in the streets.