Further Update On New Lurcher Association

• Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Call it sad if you like. . . . . . but to me, that just sounds like the defence of someone who doesn't like constructive criticism! These kind of bodies NEED to be questioned, so that answers can be f

I get it now... I think!! 2 groups, 1 new 1 old.. That can't get along and work as one for whatever the reasons may be?? ( perhaps we've ran out of acronyms ??)...So now the lurcher owners decide who

This younger generation (and they're not all young either) see what they do as a form of rebellion, or they're just that thick that they don't realise the implications of of what the do and say. They

Posted Images

If we truly want to see the lurcher continue to exist and work in this country, where it evolved in the first place, we owe it to ourselves, future generations and the dogs themselves to do everything we can to make sure that everyone: the public, the media, the government: see lurchers as intrinsic to our nation and our culture and our people. At the very least, we must show them that our dogs are trainable, safe with livestock and other domestic animals, and of course safe with people.

This is why we need all the lurcher owners on board, every last one of them (except those who are totally anti-hunting of course!)

Imagine the outcry if they tried to ban gun dogs, for example: yet gun dogs catch live prey in the form of runners. We fight the antis all the way, and we must also fight against and denounce those who bring our lurchers into disrepute.

• Like 8

And what are the CA going to do to further the club?

They are obliged to represent it's members. The more members the more they have to listen and act. The finer details will be relayed by any committee member in the future.

• Like 3

As it stands right now, i both welcome and will join any club set up to promote the 'working' lurcher.

But the CA will not get a penny off me until i believe, through what i can directly see, that they are doing 'everything' in their power to promote the working lurcher.

As it stands right now, i both welcome and will join any club set up to promote the 'working' lurcher.

But the CA will not get a penny off me until i believe, through what i can directly see, that they are doing 'everything' in their power to promote the working lurcher.

This is the point I'm trying to make, if I was a butcher, then I'd love to show off my best sausage award to my customers, but what are they doing for the working lurcher?

• Like 1

Wether or not mate..

Something should be done now..

I'm no oldie but am aware of the efforts some of these old hands went to pre ban..

Maybe some lost momentum and we're deflated with the ban..

Maybe the youth can get involved and show the doubters,that they are the future of of feild sports and are able to act lawfully, with dignity and respect..

Edited by Giro
  • Like 2

Wether or not mate..

I'm no oldie but am aware of the efforts some of these old hands went to pre ban..

Maybe the youth can get involved and show the doubters,that they are the future of of feild sports and are able to act lawfully, with dignity and respect..

a think something needs to be done but the club needs to get MPs involved that can make an impact.plus a lot of people shit on the lurcher boys I think we have this bad publicity because we get slandered by other field sports just my opinion

No matey, we get bad publicity because of the idiots within our own ranks.

Lurcher clubs will have no bearing on MP's. Not directly anyway. The way for lurcher club to have any leverage is through a weight of members and affiliation to the CA. There is no other way IMO.

• Like 2

Wether or not mate..

a think something needs to be done but the club needs to get MPs involved that can make an impact.plus a lot of people shit on the lurcher boys I think we have this bad publicity because we get slandered by other field sports just my opinion

Lurcher clubs will have no bearing on MP's. Not directly anyway. The way for lurcher club to have any leverage is through a weight of members and affiliation to the CA. There is no other way IMO.

so are you saying we don't get shit on buy other fields sports?

I'm saying that for every action there is a reaction. If lurchers are 'shit on' by others there will be a reason for it. And generally that reason is that, sadly, we have idiots in our ranks.

• Like 2

Wether or not mate..

so are you saying we don't get shit on buy other fields sports?
I'm saying that for every action there is a reaction. If lurchers are 'shit on' by others there will be a reason for it. And generally that reason is that, sadly, we have idiots in our ranks.
ye idiots who print books showing every daft c**t on the planet what we get upto with our dogs haha then slag people who put pics on social media haha couldn't make it up haha atb AT

Well AT you're entitled to your opinion. :blink:

Commendable Bosun, all lurcher owners have to be prepared to promote lurchers in a favourable light and then by doing that we can put it to the CA what we want them to do, paying your subs wont change their opinion overnight about lurchers but as a member they are obliged to listen to us Catch22 unfortunately they want your membership first and then see if they'll listen to their members needs

When Giro started his poll 16CA members out of 108 votes cast thats a lot of apathy imho

Y.I.S Leeview

• Like 3

I would like to add a bit of history to the debate, after reading comments by the younger members about why wasnt it done years ago, it was, and I have been through all this ground prior to the Hunting Act, from about 1996 up until the Act 2004, the older senior people were involved and did achieve what this group are trying to resurrect then it was done through the National Lurcher and Racing Club and The Association of Lurcher Clubs, The ALC was the Lurcher Organisation the Countryside Alliance recognised as the main representative of Lurchers with them and the Council of Hunting. Many of the Countryside Alliance County Committees had a Lurcher Representative as the local voice for Lurchers. During this time a Lurcher Submission was also produced for the ALC by a member (Which can be found online) in the defence of Lurcher work, this was part of the Inquiry into Hunting with Dogs.

Many of the people involved organised area meetings and rallys, attended in force all the Hyde Park Rally and march through London, Lurcher owners and Lurcher Clubs spent a great deal of time lobbying MP's, Lurcher owners were represented with the CA at the Labour Party Conference in Blackpool in 1997, attending fringe meetings and supporting hunting in general at all the debates in Blackpool. This is additional to monthly county CA meetings ensuring Lurchers were included all along the way, then Council of Hunting meetings , meetings in London and the regions with the Association of Lurcher Clubs.

Sadly after the Hunting Act became law, all the organisations, CA, COH, Masters of Foxhounds, NWTF, AOL and many more took the finger off the pulse, due to the Act and the Government of the time's stance on hunting they went and stayed quiet until the recent governments vote seeking repeal of hunting, this is where all that work will have to be repeated and took forward to get back to the days prior to the ban, Good luck.

• Like 6

Then help guide us rover ;)

Frankly what is trying to be achieved IMO can only be done with wiser people on board.

Now I don't normally use this kind of language on here but....

I implore you to forgive the lack of gratitude, put it past and let's look to the future.

• Like 4