Further Update On New Lurcher Association

• Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Call it sad if you like. . . . . . but to me, that just sounds like the defence of someone who doesn't like constructive criticism! These kind of bodies NEED to be questioned, so that answers can be f

I get it now... I think!! 2 groups, 1 new 1 old.. That can't get along and work as one for whatever the reasons may be?? ( perhaps we've ran out of acronyms ??)...So now the lurcher owners decide who

This younger generation (and they're not all young either) see what they do as a form of rebellion, or they're just that thick that they don't realise the implications of of what the do and say. They

Posted Images

I saw a great picture the other day. . . . . at the top was a picture of al capone and his gang, and below a picture of a load of 'youth' hoodies up, bandanas across faces etc. . . . . . the caption read. . . .

. . . . These are gangsters. . . . . .

. . . . . These are just f***ing idiots . . . . . .

......kind of missed the point, didn't they?

I saw a great picture the other day. . . . . at the top was a picture of al capone and his gang, and below a picture of a load of 'youth' hoodies up, bandanas across faces etc. . . . . . the caption read. . . .

?

?

Al Capone died in prison & no doubt his cronies died by the gun or the same..........so who were the fcuking idiots?

.......more glorification of 'gangsters' for more hoodies.....

Edited by Accip74
  • Like 1

Remember the Kevin Costner film 'Field of Dreams'? The quote in that was "Build it and they will come."

For me it should be like that film for this undertaking and this is why...

Forgive me Barrie if I use the Federation and i'm not accurate with my recolections but it's how I seen it all around me...

Back in the 80's terrier work was seriously under the cosh, media sensations like the Cook Report and others had seen the once respected undertaking fast become the most vile thing a man could do!

At that time, lets not shy away from it, terrier work was suffering badly from the elements within.

And then i remember attending country fairs, shows and the working dog man's mag the Shooting News and ALL were promoting a tiny fold up card that read 'Rules for the Terrierman', or words to that effect...

It was available, FREE, tiny but if only out of curiosity you picked it up and read it.... It was a code, the rules, where i and others who read it KNEW where they stood. Now, whether or not you played by that code, everyone got it, either picked it up and read it or, as i and almost everyone i knew, took and kept it (In the loft i still have it!).

At shows and through clubs, it was given out, talked about, both old and young.

So they knew, I knew, were the lines where and lets not forget, it was a long time ago and we were much younger then!

That code both helped with the guilt made by some and educated the uneducated.

It was only much later that i realised who set that code and more importantly, how it made people more aware, on both sides of the fence... Barrie, i take my hat off to you Sir and the NWTF for ALL you have done.

So now with the onslaught of the internet, social media and mass media, this time it's time for a federation for working lurchers. We are under the cosh now more than ever. So build it, put it out there, set a fecking code and no matter what you do in 'real life' promote it and tell the world you live by it, because it will only help, it should only be positive..!

Build it, and they will come....

I also believe that the NWTF need a new promotion drive as they are a generation away from the card BUT thats another debate.

?

Al Capone died in prison & no doubt his cronies died by the gun or the same..........so who were the fcuking idiots?

.......more glorification of 'gangsters' for more hoodies.....

A very fair point.

• Like 1

That's the other club ...

Which 1 is everyone supporting

There is only one.

So whats the AWL that AT is involved in and has written an article about in the CMW

Oh feck, must have missed this one along the way... AT, why didn't you tell me you were in ANOTHER club and you write for the CW too...??? !!!

There is only one.

So whats the AWL that AT is involved in and has written an article about in the CMW

Oh feck, must have missed this one along the way... AT, why didn't you tell me you were in ANOTHER club and you write for the CW too...??? !!!
Think he means Alan Tyer lol

Remember the Kevin Costner film 'Field of Dreams'? The quote in that was "Build it and they will come."

For me it should be like that film for this undertaking and this is why...

Forgive me Barrie if I use the Federation and i'm not accurate with my recolections but it's how I seen it all around me...

Back in the 80's terrier work was seriously under the cosh, media sensations like the Cook Report and others had seen the once respected undertaking fast become the most vile thing a man could do!

At that time, lets not shy away from it, terrier work was suffering badly from the elements within.

And then i remember attending country fairs, shows and the working dog man's mag the Shooting News and ALL were promoting a tiny fold up card that read 'Rules for the Terrierman', or words to that effect...

It was available, FREE, tiny but if only out of curiosity you picked it up and read it.... It was a code, the rules, where i and others who read it KNEW where they stood. Now, whether or not you played by that code, everyone got it, either picked it up and read it or, as i and almost everyone i knew, took and kept it (In the loft i still have it!).

At shows and through clubs, it was given out, talked about, both old and young.

So they knew, I knew, were the lines where and lets not forget, it was a long time ago and we were much younger then!

That code both helped with the guilt made by some and educated the uneducated.

It was only much later that i realised who set that code and more importantly, how it made people more aware, on both sides of the fence... Barrie, i take my hat off to you Sir and the NWTF for ALL you have done.

So now with the onslaught of the internet, social media and mass media, this time it's time for a federation for working lurchers. We are under the cosh now more than ever. So build it, put it out there, set a fecking code and no matter what you do in 'real life' promote it and tell the world you live by it, because it will only help, it should only be positive..!

Build it, and they will come....

I also believe that the NWTF need a new promotion drive as they are a generation away from the card BUT thats another debate.

A very good post. And I quite agree.

If you wanted to achieve similar now, I would say that as great as an article in a fieldsports publication is for targeting a certain section of society, in order to target the young folk we are talking about, a social media savvy approach would be best. You will get far more success via you tube, Facebook and twitter than any other way. It is a means to get to any kid anywhere, and promote your message 24/7. . . . wherever they are. But it needs doing well.

At about 13 years of age lads need male roleodels outside of family, this is a big part of what our society is missing. Kids used to get it at the local boxing club, fishing, or even watching john Wayne . media has glamourised gangster/drug culture. Until you! The general public take responsibility for your children and the people and media that surrounds them, then we are doomed to be a nation of lost souls with a null compass

I think you have a great point, but probably lost on most tbh.......,TV, media, social media etc etc seems to be turning us & our kids into fcukwits..........& folk are still trying to find ways of accessing more of it! Hahaha.....

There is only one.

because I knew you'd want to join haha yeah boss writer me haha atb AT
You mean I can't.... Bugger!!!