Further Update On New Lurcher Association

• Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Call it sad if you like. . . . . . but to me, that just sounds like the defence of someone who doesn't like constructive criticism! These kind of bodies NEED to be questioned, so that answers can be f

I get it now... I think!! 2 groups, 1 new 1 old.. That can't get along and work as one for whatever the reasons may be?? ( perhaps we've ran out of acronyms ??)...So now the lurcher owners decide who

This younger generation (and they're not all young either) see what they do as a form of rebellion, or they're just that thick that they don't realise the implications of of what the do and say. They

Posted Images

of topic but relating to ideation

I worked with a young lad (his uncle owned the company) very similar background to the lad you mentioned, his last year at school he went to see the careers teacher "What do you want to do when you leave school"

his reply" I want to be a drug dealer cos they have the best cars on our estate" :yes:

influenced by what he saw, Could this be the answer kids mimicking what others do knowing no better?

Y.I.S Leeview

Good luck with it.I haven't read all post so sorry if I repeat.its going to be tricky cause we all want no ban.and we know its unjust and unenforceable but on the other hand the club is sort of enforcing a law that nond of us wanted.

the hunting ban was introduced . folk said f.. the ban we will carry on. some posting what is now illigal activities mit photos ffs talk about the enemy within!! you just cant educate pork!!!.they will carry on posting pictures in hope there cocks will grow abit .

I very much see what you are saying, and I do agree with the sentiment.

But there is this thing called 'the other 23 hours'. . . . . used when talking about . . . . . well the kind of kids I work with.

An example . . . .

I may work with a young man, maybe 15 years old. He lives on the estate, always has done, so do his brothers, cousins, dad. He sells drugs for a bit of cash, so do his brothers, cousins and his old man. . . . . they always have. They do well out of it, in his and their eyes, its fun, it works and its normal.

He gets sent to me one day, and sits in a wee room for an hour a week. We talk about the dealing etc, I say some things that make sense. . . . he agrees. Whilst he's sat there, he starts mulling over that maybe its not what he should be doing, and he could stop? Do something else?

But then at the end of the hour, he leaves my wee room and goes back to his real life, to all of the other influences that has shaped him so far. . . . and he spends the other 23 hours a day, seven days a week, immersed in that world and that mindset.

The hour he spends with me seems like an abstract and impossible thing. . . .. even if really he kind thinks it might be right.

Sooner or later, he stops coming to see me. Ive just not got the pull or the force of that other 23 hours.

It's a toughie.

Some are savable some are not, some you can reach some you cant. You can only do your best.

of topic but relating to ideation

I worked with a young lad (his uncle owned the company) very similar background to the lad you mentioned, his last year at school he went to see the careers teacher "What do you want to do when you leave school"

his reply" I want to be a drug dealer cos they have the best cars on our estate" :yes:

influenced by what he saw, Could this be the answer kids mimicking what others do knowing no better?

Y.I.S Leeview

Yes 100%. Slightly off topic but I feel that it DOES relate to what we are discussing. . . . . .

I know lots and lots of kids that sell heroin. Loads of them . . . . . and pretty much all of them don't take the stuff. Some don't even smoke weed.

They do it because it gives them some status and protection on the estate and it gives them a pocket full of cash.

How am I meant to tell them to stop doing that, go back to school, graft hard . . . . and then maybe, just maybe, they will get a job in tescos stacking shelves for minimal wage. While their mates, who carried on selling smack. . . . have lots of money and fun (they always conveniently forget the ones that are dead or inside).

Its similar to the thing with lurchers. Some of the kids I work with (including one of the little smack dealers) have lurchers, and go hunting, they go with brothers, cousins, uncles etc.

One time, one of them was talking to be about some of the stuff they got up to. It wasn't very nice at all. . . . . and was exactly the kind of stuff LAGBI is trying to counter act.

When I tried to talk to them about respecting the quarry, being sporting, and all of the usual stuff what do you think their response was?

f**k OFF YOU POOF!

They looked at me like a was soft in the head . . . . . . .

Why? Because the alternative is all they have ever know, and all anyone they know preaches. . . . and if they went back spouting what I'D said, and tried to change other peoples opinions on the estate. . . . . they would also get called a poof and likely an anti and probably given a slap!

Its a nightmare!

• Like 1

I saw a great picture the other day. . . . . at the top was a picture of al capone and his gang, and below a picture of a load of 'youth' hoodies up, bandanas across faces etc. . . . . . the caption read. . . .

. . . . These are gangsters. . . . . .

. . . . . These are just f***ing idiots . . . . . .

• Like 1

Sometimes,for anybody..

They've got to accept the error of their ways..

Loss of liberty, relationships and even their soul..

Some then can change - some continue in their chaotic lifestyles and some sadly die prematurely..

The thing we shoukd focus on with the young young people is intrvention - where possible.

Some are domed and are the creations of their own environment.

One thing I've learnt you can't save everyone..

You can still try though..

Drugs can destroy families. .

Sad part in today's society. .

At about 13 years of age lads need male roleodels outside of family, this is a big part of what our society is missing. Kids used to get it at the local boxing club, fishing, or even watching john Wayne . media has glamourised gangster/drug culture. Until you! The general public take responsibility for your children and the people and media that surrounds them, then we are doomed to be a nation of lost souls with a null compass

I think you have a great point, but probably lost on most tbh.......,TV, media, social media etc etc seems to be turning us & our kids into fcukwits..........& folk are still trying to find ways of accessing more of it! Hahaha.....

• Like 1