Further Update On New Lurcher Association

• Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Call it sad if you like. . . . . . but to me, that just sounds like the defence of someone who doesn't like constructive criticism! These kind of bodies NEED to be questioned, so that answers can be f

I get it now... I think!! 2 groups, 1 new 1 old.. That can't get along and work as one for whatever the reasons may be?? ( perhaps we've ran out of acronyms ??)...So now the lurcher owners decide who

This younger generation (and they're not all young either) see what they do as a form of rebellion, or they're just that thick that they don't realise the implications of of what the do and say. They

Posted Images

i am for getting behind the people trying to get this association working, i have offered my help

Thanks. there'll be an opportunity for everyone to get involved. At the minute we're making steady progress and doing as much as possible around our work and home committments

• Like 1

I wish you all the best with this. I would join it and support it but I do think at the same time you should be encouraging people to join the CA. I have criticised them a lot and stand by it but they are the power and the ones who mainly lobby government. I may of missed something here but I do think that one of your main aims should be to get people to join the CA and stop the attitude that the CA is something that other people do and not us. Many times on here Ive read about how lads have been falsely accused and it frustrates me to think what a great test of the CA this would of been had they been members. The lad who we had the auction for for instance,was he a member?

• Like 1

If lurcher work is banned do the government think guys will turn there dogs into pets or just sell them lol the might bring back death sentence for poaching and give knight hoods to pedos atb we this lads

if lurcher work is banned they will not give it a thought , just apply the full power of what ever law they have introduced, fairly or not, to those who are proven to have broken it. Its up to all of us to make sure no laws like that are passed

I wish you all the best with this. I would join it and support it but I do think at the same time you should be encouraging people to join the CA. I have criticised them a lot and stand by it but they are the power and the ones who mainly lobby government. I may of missed something here but I do think that one of your main aims should be to get people to join the CA and stop the attitude that the CA is something that other people do and not us.

Absolutely. the more that join, the bigger the voice. The more they have to listen, and stand up for their members (oooer!) I see any new lurcher group working with the CA. We use their wish to represent us as a force for us. If they don't, take our membership elsewhere

• Like 1

If lurcher work is banned do the government think guys will turn there dogs into pets or just sell them lol the might bring back death sentence for poaching and give knight hoods to pedos atb we this lads

if lurcher work is banned they will not give it a thought , just apply the full power of what ever law they have introduced, fairly or not, to those who are proven to have broken it. Its up to all of us to make sure no laws like that are passed
best of luck anyway lads I am away out with dogs for a rabbit for the pot !!

The fact is chaps, lurchers are fast becoming the next pitbull, just type hunting dog in a search engine, 'pet killers' with 'what if it were a child' quoted every time, there has never been a greater need for this organization to help put a stop to this scare mongering and sensationalized stories by shit journalists and anti scum, everybody on the forum should be backing this regardless of what you think of the people steering it, I read one thin in an newspaper article that its a legal requirement that greyhounds should be on a lead and muzzled in public places :(

• Like 2

The fact is chaps, lurchers are fast becoming the next pitbull, just type hunting dog in a search engine, 'pet killers' with 'what if it were a child' quoted every time, there has never been a greater need for this organization to help put a stop to this scare mongering and sensationalized stories by shit journalists and anti scum, everybody on the forum should be backing this regardless of what you think of the people steering it, I read one thin in an newspaper article that its a legal requirement that greyhounds should be on a lead and muzzled in public places :(

it has always been a legal requirement for greyhounds to wear a muzzle in public places :yes:

We have already met with the CA and will be working with them

what does this mean money to be paid to join the c/a or will there just be membership fees for this lurcher club ?

Why are you concerned? You said you aren't going to join. All you have done is be negative, so why don't you leave this thread to those who want to work toward defending our sport. There is no point in raking over ashes and 'we should ahve done this' etc, because none of us have done anything for ten years, so we've all ourselves to blame.

Onward and upwards.

• Like 4