Modern Terms

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As has "wind"; although I attribute "smash" to the "Triple T" crowd; Teenagers, Track Suits and Trainers !!!!

only if the seller mentions pregnant girl friend

Lol good ones there lads. So, if someone was to offer to sell me a dog that was 2 years old and was 'like shit off a shovel, ' was 'smashing teeth' at 10 months with a mouth like a 'bear trap', is as

'Game'.... I fecking love that one, when either used with Lurchers or Working Terriers..... It came across the pond with those Yank bull dogs in the 80's and has no place in British working dogs.

I've posted before on the subject, that I've been around long enough to meet some of the names of our hunting scene, the old guard, many of whom are now sadly long dead and never have I heard that word mentioned to describe our workers...

Don't get me wrong, the word, the term, when used for what it was first intended is the best you can use but for our 'sporting' dogs, Not On Your Nelly! :censored:

Dirt(useless) , Wanker(useless) , wellie warmer( won't leave your feet), jacker (stopped on its game), mangle game (hard on game), wing man ( only works doubled up), my favourites, wired to the moon, mental case, physico path, words used alot with terriers around me :)

Years ago all you needed to describe a lurcher was H J K C and R H F D.

And every lurcher for sale could do all these ,LOL, a bit like nowadays.

Reminds me of the old exchange and mart adverts,and every dog was a staghound!

'Game'.... I fecking love that one, when either used with Lurchers or Working Terriers..... It came across the pond with those Yank bull dogs in the 80's and has no place in British working dogs.

I've posted before on the subject, that I've been around long enough to meet some of the names of our hunting scene, the old guard, many of whom are now sadly long dead and never have I heard that word mentioned to describe our workers...

Don't get me wrong, the word, the term, when used for what it was first intended is the best you can use but for our 'sporting' dogs, Not On Your Nelly! :censored:

Have to agree the word "Game" is used too often and I hate the term "dead game". Most folk don't know what it means and will never see it but there was a term used a lot years ago that you don't hear to often nowadays.

"Game as a pebble."

It was nearly always used for a small type.