20K To Play With

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Gnasher, I don't know if you knew but The City Of Manchester has been producing the finest wine in the world for years........in fact they have the best wine growing programme in the modern world.....

Go find a farm for rent in the arse end of no where pay the rent up front for a year and grow some weed while filling the place with dogs,chickens and all things good and fun (as a cover for your earn

I've got 13k saved and hope to be around 17k when I leave my ma's house, that gunna be my deposit for a house I think

buy yourself some woodland, it's what I did,

Do you not have to be steady about the covenants on some if those places mate?......that wood for sale mob retain the sporting and timber rights I think?

Mushroom... My fella was in barcelona over the weekend... Stayed in a pretty interesting area feck knows the name of it at hotel barbara ... His mate got mugged by a hooker pmsl

Oh yeh,,,,"the MATE got mugged by a hooker" story,,,lol

• Like 4

Mushroom... My fella was in barcelona over the weekend... Stayed in a pretty interesting area feck knows the name of it at hotel barbara ... His mate got mugged by a hooker pmsl

Oh yeh,,,,"the MATE got mugged by a hooker" story,,,lol

Nah the mate is a filthy c**t lol... Off his face drunk lol my fella wouldnt pay for a hooker he hates parting with cash

buy yourself some woodland, it's what I did,

Do you not have to be steady about the covenants on some if those places mate?......that wood for sale mob retain the sporting and timber rights I think?

the one your thinking of do, which Is why I didn't buy through them.

but with this site

http://www.woods4sale.co.uk/index.htm

the sporting rights come with the land, but......

have had my plot just over a year now, have caught four squirrels in the kania traps, but as yet, have not done any shooting there, when you own a plot of woodland, theres so many other jobs to do, that shooting gets forgotten about, and when not working, your chilling :D

You ever had a loss gnash? Of course I know no investment is going to be 100% but can't see how vintage wine would go down in value as it'll be a limited number of them and value will just increase as someone out there drinks it. Defiantly don't think it's worth leaving money in the bank.

Funny you mention that book the secret a friend called me and asked what I was upto and told em I was reading. They said I should give that book a read and said its to do with thinking positive or something. To be honest it sounded abit like a salesman selling a book in the hope that everyone buys it thinking their going to be the next wolf of Wall Street. Told em I just finished reading a book about kenny noye and just starting eddie richardsons book. Quite different taste we have lol. Was an eye opener though, seems eddie was a good business man to be honest and earning decent money even in today's world through the scrap business.

That's a good investment Gnash :thumbs:

Might be coming to you and thy Mrs for advice :laugh:

Edited to ask;

What is the insurance like for this type of investment? Presumably you would insure the bottles as soon as you have signed?

Its all bonded so its insured up to the eyeballs............ive made money from wine ive never even seen before thats the beauty for me your earning a few quid from lifetimes of other peoples knowledge without having to get too involved..............in all seriousness if you want a number to have a chat with someone no problem at all :thumbs:

Editted to add....anyone interested in wine head for a shop called Hedonism Wines just off Berkeley Square in London they have bottles worth a quarter of a mill.....unbelievable gaff !

That's a good do that the insurance is bonded. Will start looking at this for the next few years :yes:

Does your guy in the know take a commission from sale or a fee for advice??

They take a fee of 2%.......but only on profit......and storage works out something like £40 per case per year and like i say thats bonded.............obviously you could store it at home if you wanted in which case its a flat brokers fee i couldnt tell you what it is to be honest as ive always had them store it but i know its not a lot..........for someone not in a rush whos maybe got a few fingers in a few different pies and doesnt need an immediate return its ideal.

That's what I'm thinking mate, a nice little sideline. Invest some money in there maybe put it in the kid's names for them later on :yes:

40 notes a year is fec all if it includes insurance and frankly I can live easily with a 2% fee on profit :thumbs:

Thats it.....ive only dipped my toes in the water....theres people making fortunes from it but they know what they,re doing i dont :D .......over the years its worked out roughly the same as a 15 - 20% interest rate at the bank.......like i say you wont get rich on it but its a sound little investment thats not going to take up any of your time.

• Like 1

Edited to ask;

What is the insurance like for this type of investment? Presumably you would insure the bottles as soon as you have signed?

Its all bonded so its insured up to the eyeballs............ive made money from wine ive never even seen before thats the beauty for me your earning a few quid from lifetimes of other peoples knowledge without having to get too involved..............in all seriousness if you want a number to have a chat with someone no problem at all :thumbs:

Editted to add....anyone interested in wine head for a shop called Hedonism Wines just off Berkeley Square in London they have bottles worth a quarter of a mill.....unbelievable gaff !

That's a good do that the insurance is bonded. Will start looking at this for the next few years :yes:

They take a fee of 2%.......but only on profit......and storage works out something like £40 per case per year and like i say thats bonded.............obviously you could store it at home if you wanted in which case its a flat brokers fee i couldnt tell you what it is to be honest as ive always had them store it but i know its not a lot..........for someone not in a rush whos maybe got a few fingers in a few different pies and doesnt need an immediate return its ideal.

That's what I'm thinking mate, a nice little sideline. Invest some money in there maybe put it in the kid's names for them later on :yes:

40 notes a year is fec all if it includes insurance and frankly I can live easily with a 2% fee on profit :thumbs:

Thats it.....ive only dipped my toes in the water....theres people making fortunes from it but they know what they,re doing i dont :D .......over the years its worked out roughly the same as a 15 - 20% interest rate at the bank.......like i say you wont get rich on it but its a sound little investment thats not going to take up any of your time.

How often do you sell and reinvest?? and/or do you just keep what you buy and add to the investment?

If you could get 14-15% over 20 years of constant investment, say monthly same as a pension. Imo that's feckin awesome :thumbs:

Edited by mushroom

Edited to ask;

How often do you sell and reinvest?? and/or do you just keep what you buy and add to the investment?

If you could get 14-15% over 20 years of constant investment, say monthly same as a pension. Imo that's feckin awesome :thumbs:

It would be up to you how far you want to delve into it....like i say i dont get too involved i use their knowledge of best time to sell its not like property where all property go,s up and down at the same time you might get a certain wine that has a bad crop this year making last years more valuable.....theres any number of reasons a wine will jump in value sometimes even just down to trade experts giving a certain wine a good grading in the guides.......its like anything if you can make 5% on something you,ve had 2 weeks that you have averaged 15% in the past are you up 5% or down 10% for the sake of waiting.......that for me is why i think your best going with their advice than trying to do too much yourself.......dont forget they want just as much profit as you do so they,re not going to give you bad advice ;)

• Like 2

Edited to ask;

It would be up to you how far you want to delve into it....like i say i dont get too involved i use their knowledge of best time to sell its not like property where all property go,s up and down at the same time you might get a certain wine that has a bad crop this year making last years more valuable.....theres any number of reasons a wine will jump in value sometimes even just down to trade experts giving a certain wine a good grading in the guides.......its like anything if you can make 5% on something you,ve had 2 weeks that you have averaged 15% in the past are you up 5% or down 10% for the sake of waiting.......that for me is why i think your best going with their advice than trying to do too much yourself.......dont forget they want just as much profit as you do so they,re not going to give you bad advice ;)

:thumbs:

I'm looking into it now online, if you have a sec can you pass the company/broker you use in pm? Nice one ;)