Bull Type Dogs

I've known a few dogs that were just born bad,good owners,well raised from being pups,well fed and exercised etc

But the dogs were unsafe for anyone to be around for anyone,let alone a child.

All of them bar one had 'bull' in the name of thier breed.

I like the breed too,and of course they're not all like that but has anyone else found this to be the case?

And got the scars to prove it !.............The term " theres no bad dogs just bad owners "......has to be the most stupidly naive phrase anyone could ever of come up with !.......Anything born of nature has the ability to be born good......or bad...........physical or mental.

That's surely where good ownership comes to the fore though Gnash,

In that you just wouldn't put people (especially children) or other dogs in the situation where your dog can cause harm, of course there are "bad" dogs and it's you as the owner to make the right decisions for both the dog and others.

I got badly bitten by 2 alsations as a teen, walking down to a farm I ferreted on to speak to the lady owner, she was just about to go out on a horse and the 2 dogs who were gaurds ran out and bit my legs, I was lucky that I scambled onto a shed roof and sat a bit embarrassed as her and the 2 ( very pretty :D ) young girls who were out riding came over and called the dogs away.... I played it down stroking the dogs and giving it the "no worries" bit... my legs were throbbing :laugh: ... I heard this happened ( funny enough) to the post man and the dogs were destroyed, they were doing there job but she had no control of it IMO, bad owner or bad dogs?

Interesting thread though, with a lot of decent views :thumbs:

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There's been a lot of debate in the news recently about how to tackle the growing problem of children being attacked by 'fighting dogs' such as Bull Terriers, which are often owned by Chavs who use th

No dog should be 100% trusted around kids, some serious shit gets waffles on this site, don't you flooking think everybody that owned the dogs that have killed or just bit children thought there dogs

As regards bulldogs i always felt it was a case of " instinct will get him there but gameness will keep him there "   I must admit when i first took an interest in hunting maybe 7 or 8 years ago i f

Posted Images

The problem with the "sporting bred" bull breeds started (i.m.o) when they became owned by the non sporting fraternity.

you cannot take a highly tuned, sporting bred bull and terrier and stick it in the house with your wife and kids. It's the same with any sporting bred animal. can you imagine someone turning up at blackpool beach with a pair of thoroghbred race horces offering genteel rides for the kids! no, you take a nice dopey donkey. i've said before and i'll say it again. the best thing that happened for the A,P,B,T, was the 91DDA for it largely took them out of the hands of fools and only those who truly appreciated these fine animals took the risk to keep them. un fortunately, thing seem to have well and truly turned full circle...

Yokel

• Like 6

The problem with the "sporting bred" bull breeds started (i.m.o) when they became owned by the non sporting fraternity.

you cannot take a highly tuned, sporting bred bull and terrier and stick it in the house with your wife and kids. It's the same with any sporting bred animal. can you imagine someone turning up at blackpool beach with a pair of thoroghbred race horces offering genteel rides for the kids! no, you take a nice dopey donkey. i've said before and i'll say it again. the best thing that happened for the A,P,B,T, was the 91DDA for it largely took them out of the hands of fools and only those who truly appreciated these fine animals took the risk to keep them. un fortunately, thing seem to have well and truly turned full circle...

Yokel

No offence intended but the part about DDA I think is complete shit! Numbers of pit bulls are still through the roof. I personally know 30+ owners in a 5 mile radius

hence why I ended saying unfortunately it has turned full circle! the dda was passed in 1991, we are now in 2013. that's 22yrs for the fools to get hold of things they shouldn't, tho most of the mutts I see being bandied around as "pit bulls" look like inferior crosses to me. believe me, after the dda was passed, the vast majority gave up, or had their dogs taken. the only people who went out of their way to keep them where those who knew them best...

yokel

• Like 2

hence why I ended saying unfortunately it has turned full circle! the dda was passed in 1991, we are now in 2013. that's 22yrs for the fools to get hold of things they shouldn't, tho most of the mutts I see being bandied around as "pit bulls" look like inferior crosses to me. believe me, after the dda was passed, the vast majority gave up, or had their dogs taken. the only people who went out of their way to keep them where those who knew them best...

yokel

true, the pits of the 70-80s that were game bred dogs have gone, if any were left the gene pool in the UK was very small, the best are still in the over the water .Whats about are poor specimens or xs today.When joe public got hold of the breed it was doomed from that day, you only got read from of the old breeders back in the 1920s .Even then in them days they were kept very secretive and dogs+pups went same circles . those type dogs were millon miles differnt to pet staffs of to day .It dont matter what dog you got, today any small child could get killed, never mind 80lb bull bred dog .!!

• Like 1

yokel

true, the pits of the 70-80s that were game bred dogs have gone, if any were left the gene pool in the UK was very small, the best are still in the over the water .Whats about are poor specimens or xs today.When joe public got hold of the breed it was doomed from that day, you only got read from of the old breeders back in the 1920s .Even then in them days they were kept very secretive and dogs+pups went same circles . those type dogs were millon miles differnt to pet staffs of to day .It dont matter what dog you got, today any small child could get killed, never mind 80lb bull bred dog .!!

theres still a lot of bulldogs being imported in to this country bird. I know that for a fact.

Dogs are like people. Some good some bad. Some will fight their corner some wont. Some will stand noncense some wont. Some will be downright devious some wont. Its up to the owner to try and find the traits their dogs possess and act accordingly. As far as bull blooded dogs go.. Its usually 90% bad ownership that brings shit to your door.

• Like 4

But at least from 12 weeks old they can be raised with children and raised to what the owner beleives is acceptable. The owner will then no full well he/she can trust that dog as much as possible with their children/family. Like me naturally I trust my dogs over anyone elses as I know how they have been raised. I'm not saying anything negative about other peoples dogs its just with my dogs I know and trust howw they've been raised.

Spot on Dan!! Most of the little 'hood rats' round here seem to have moved on from the staffie, pit or American bulldogs and now going for mastiffs, bully kutta type dogs!