Bull Type Dogs

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There's been a lot of debate in the news recently about how to tackle the growing problem of children being attacked by 'fighting dogs' such as Bull Terriers, which are often owned by Chavs who use th

No dog should be 100% trusted around kids, some serious shit gets waffles on this site, don't you flooking think everybody that owned the dogs that have killed or just bit children thought there dogs

As regards bulldogs i always felt it was a case of " instinct will get him there but gameness will keep him there "   I must admit when i first took an interest in hunting maybe 7 or 8 years ago i f

Posted Images

I just know they would protect them and me and my wife. Any dog would protect his/her owners if they had to. What are you getting at hot meat? I trust my dogs if I didn't I wouldn't have them. I agree 100% that no dog should be trusted alone with kids. But this thread started at singleing out bull breeds not all breeds. I and others are simply stating that bull breeds are to be trusted as much as any other breed. Like what was said earlier stats prove that bull terriers are 1 of the lowest breeds to blame for bites on humans? Simple fact. Like I say I agree no dog should be trusted 100% but this thread was about pointing fingers at bull breeds

We have had a rotty and American bulldog when we had young kids,difference is we got them as 8 week old pups ,not as adults or as strays,

Did our kids lie on top of the dog,yes

Did they knock the dog yes

Did they stroke the dog yes

What's the point in having a pet dog if you can't mess around with it.

Did the dog know its place in the family yes at the Bottom.

Did we leave it alone with the kids,dont be fecking stupid.

The one issue with bull /guarding breeds is their tenacity ,if you do need to get them off something it's harder than getting for example a spaniel .

• Like 1

No dog should be 100% trusted around kids, some serious shit gets waffles on this site, don't you flooking think everybody that owned the dogs that have killed or just bit children thought there dogs could be 100% trusted? Going by some of the daft comments on here make me wonder how you's folk are allowed on a computer never mind own a dog

Couldnt agree more...........the laws of nature dictate nothing is born 100% perfect the responsibility of a dog owner is to make your dog AS perfect as it can be.......but it will NEVER be perfect nature just doesnt work like that...........im a big defender of the bull terrier breeds as they played a big part in my life but i never lost sight of what they were capable of if and when nature decided to show its ugly side.......ive seen what an intensely driven highly focussed dog can do and have the odd scar to prove it unfortunately...........the staffs and suchlike are obviously very watered down versions of fighting dogs so to say thats what they were bred for is just silly......but even so the thought of standing a small child on top of something that will need a break stick to get it off for me doesnt even bare thinking about !

• Like 3

. A dogs bite power is detemined by head size and a large lab has a bigger head than bull terriers which means they have a bigger bite.

:icon_eek: ......Dogs bite hard because they want to....simple.

Id rather be bitten by 100lb Labrador with a head like a medicine ball..............than a snipey narrow headed 30lb fully charged pit bull !

• Like 5

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I know that how my exes child was playing with my dogs was safe and so did she. Had it been a different dog that's a different story. The dog in question is three years old and I have had her since she was two weeks old! (That's another story all together) I know it was a safe environment and I was sat right next to him. My dogs are my world but had things turned nasty I wouldn't hesitate to stop the situation with any means possible. I also just thought I'd add she's a bull x whippet so I wonder how many of you dog men have your kids playing with your dogs. My dogs live alone with me and they know I am boss. They have had fights between themselves and got nasty yet as soon as I raise my hand they stop. As I said if I was unsure of the dog or environment things would be different

Can all these people saying they would never leave their children alone with their bull breeds, honestly say they never left the room, when their kids were with their dogs? My sister did all the time, her staffie was like a babysitter lol

This last incident & others happened when adults were there in the house, maybe left the room for 10mins......that's all it takes.....

. A dogs bite power is detemined by head size and a large lab has a bigger head than bull terriers which means they have a bigger bite.

:icon_eek: ......Dogs bite hard because they want to....simple.

Id rather be bitten by 100lb Labrador with a head like a medicine ball..............than a snipey narrow headed 30lb fully charged pit bull !

I have to agree with both points here. A lab does have a bigger jaw but a pit has more power behind it. I wouldn't choose either to be honest

Can all these people saying they would never leave their children alone with their bull breeds, honestly say they never left the room, when their kids were with their dogs? My sister did all the time, her staffie was like a babysitter lol

This last incident & others happened when adults were there in the house, maybe left the room for 10mins......that's all it takes.....

I genuinely haven't but as I said I dont have my own kids just kids visiting with friends so ive never had a reason to leave them although I know I could I would be inclined not too. My dogs follow me everywhere anyway so if I went into the kitchen or garden they would just follow me out

When I needed to go to toilet,make a brew or cook,dog went outside or in a cage under the stairs.

I'm simply pointing out that bull terriers don't bite as hard as people think or make out. Its just the face they tend to not let go after a initial bite. Like say a lab or collie would bite and let go a very hacked off bull terrier wouldn't ;)

Whats biting hard ?.......enough force to make a hole and walk away ?.......or enough intensity to work the hold until something gives ?

With every respect Dan you are making some very naive comments.......like many bull breed owners today i hope for your sake that naievity doesnt end up costing you.

• Like 7