Bull Type Dogs

17 people have been killed by dogs since 2005 so roughly 2 per year. whilst its tragic for all the families involved does it really warrant the media and political attention being given to it? the reality is you are more than twice as likely to win the lottery than you are to to be killed by a dog.

More media hysteria? secret government agenda? or perhaps cats really do have thumbs :blink:

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There's been a lot of debate in the news recently about how to tackle the growing problem of children being attacked by 'fighting dogs' such as Bull Terriers, which are often owned by Chavs who use th

No dog should be 100% trusted around kids, some serious shit gets waffles on this site, don't you flooking think everybody that owned the dogs that have killed or just bit children thought there dogs

As regards bulldogs i always felt it was a case of " instinct will get him there but gameness will keep him there "   I must admit when i first took an interest in hunting maybe 7 or 8 years ago i f

Posted Images

Gnasher16. I fully understand and respect that bull breeds can do a lot of damage as said earlier they won't easily let go. Please read the facts of what I'm saying I've put 2 links please read you'll be surprised. I'm simply telling people that bull terrier bite force is a myth. A dogs head size determines bite force and most bull terriers don't have big heads. Like I said the only diference with bull terriers is they often don't initially let go.

No need for bull breed of any sort unless you trying to look hard,your dealing in drugs or you fight these dogs they have no place in a family home think what they are bred for guarding or fighting yes other dogs do attack but because of the reason the bull breeds are bred for they cause a hell of a lot more damage

no need for terriers and lurchers as well then

17 people have been killed by dogs since 2005 so roughly 2 per year. whilst its tragic for all the families involved does it really warrant the media and political attention being given to it? the reality is you are more than twice as likely to win the lottery than you are to to be killed by a dog.

More media hysteria? secret government agenda? or perhaps cats really do have thumbs :blink:

Yeh its always easy to pick on a small group of people to whip up political support from the general public like like banning guns or fox hunting.

For anyone to seriously suggest that all bull breeds should be banned is just plain stupid IMO. The difference is that when a bull breed does attack, its plastered all over the media, it fits into the view of the ignorant who think that bull breeds are only kept by scum and that they are toy sized werewolves, ready to kill with a blood lust fury. I would never leave my staff alone with any child, not because I don't trust my dog, because I don't trust children. The sad fact is that some parents let their children pull, bully and harass the family pet until it finally snaps and unfortunately the parents that allow this are quite often the idiots that have staffs, because of their image.

My dog has been attacked by two spaniels, owned by the, my wellies cost £200 but I haven't got a clue brigade and two rotties owned by a chap in a bandanna, roller blading, a full on Ceaser Millan wanna be. My dog just stood there, expecting me to protect her, which I did. She has been humped by a big old lab of the wellie brigade as well whilst the owner stood around finding it funny,(just as well my dog is more tolerant than me). My staff has been more tolerant of badly mannered dogs and their owners than you would believe but if she had of snapped you can bet that the local rag front page would have been...................staffy attacks spaniel....................that's all I've got to say about that :D

Edited by Huan72
  • Like 5

Excellent post Huan :thumbs: before the Dangerous Dogs Act was passed and there was a spate of Pit/Rottie/Staff attacks all over the media,a friend of mine ,a nurse,was telling me that the papers would ring the hospital she worked in a couple of times a day ,to see if there had been any attacks involving the above breeds,not interested in any others ,just the above...... :yes:

• Like 2

Yeh its always easy to pick on a small group of people to whip up political support from the general public like like banning guns or fox hunting.

in the same period 18 people were killed by cattle

There's been a lot of debate in the news recently about how to tackle the growing problem of children being attacked by 'fighting dogs' such as Bull Terriers, which are often owned by Chavs who use them as weapons and status symbols.

I think the only reasonable solution is to have the lot of them rounded up and humanely destroyed.

And their dogs rehomed.

expensive licenses for bull type dogs. Thatll stop em.

There's been a lot of debate in the news recently about how to tackle the growing problem of children being attacked by 'fighting dogs' such as Bull Terriers, which are often owned by Chavs who use them as weapons and status symbols.

I think the only reasonable solution is to have the lot of them rounded up and humanely destroyed.

And their dogs rehomed.

I agree also for terriers & lurchers.........

• Like 2

I'd pay any license fee for my dogs mate. Also should be a license fee for most other breeds as they bite more people and other dogs than bull breeds. Bull breeds bite far less than labs collies etc

Very well said northern lad this is the reason people don't trust bull breeds. People daft enough to believe the media can say what they like as their opinion is preety much pointless ;)

And their dogs rehomed.

How would I ,or my dog or the general public ,benefit from me buying a license (expensive or otherwise)??what will it stop :hmm:

For anyone to seriously suggest that all bull breeds should be banned is just plain stupid IMO. The difference is that when a bull breed does attack, its plastered all over the media, it fits into the view of the ignorant who think that bull breeds are only kept by scum and that they are toy sized werewolves, ready to kill with a blood lust fury. I would never leave my staff alone with any child, not because I don't trust my dog, because I don't trust children. The sad fact is that some parents let their children pull, bully and harass the family pet until it finally snaps and unfortunately the parents that allow this are quite often the idiots that have staffs, because of their image.

My dog has been attacked by two spaniels, owned by the, my wellies cost £200 but I haven't got a clue brigade and two rotties owned by a chap in a bandanna, roller blading, a full on Ceaser Millan wanna be. My dog just stood there, expecting me to protect her, which I did. She has been humped by a big old lab of the wellie brigade as well whilst the owner stood around finding it funny,(just as well my dog is more tolerant than me). My staff has been more tolerant of badly mannered dogs and their owners than you would believe but if she had of snapped you can bet that the local rag front page would have been...................staffy attacks spaniel....................that's all I've got to say about that :D

To be fair that's exactly how my sisters staff was, yeh staffs are great family dogs, but theres a huge amount of mixed breed bull types out there owned by idiots, I have one local to me now.....which is a concern for me & my child, I know it's the owners fault, but I'd be more relaxed if they had something less lethal.... But hey, what can you do?