Bull Type Dogs

I've known a few dogs that were just born bad,good owners,well raised from being pups,well fed and exercised etc

But the dogs were unsafe for anyone to be around for anyone,let alone a child.

All of them bar one had 'bull' in the name of thier breed.

I like the breed too,and of course they're not all like that but has anyone else found this to be the case?

And got the scars to prove it !.............The term " theres no bad dogs just bad owners "......has to be the most stupidly naive phrase anyone could ever of come up with !.......Anything born of nature has the ability to be born good......or bad...........physical or mental.

Not sure what ya mean there, what we say about dogs we must also say about all animals , can we say than that animals are either good or bad ??and where does instinct come into in ??

People,animals......nature throws up wronguns always has done always will..........this belief that theres no bad dogs is completely insane..............instinct is what a dog will have within....what comes natural.................in my opinion it is not instinct that makes a dog hard on people.

Why do you think dogs are different than any other animal, ??if other animals act on instinct why not dogs ???

Because in the main most are not domesticated........they havent been manipulated by man so there instincts are true...................a dog bred to fight has man made instincts.........a dog bred to run has man made instincts..........................a lion bringing down a zebra didnt need any help from man thats just how he,s made.

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There's been a lot of debate in the news recently about how to tackle the growing problem of children being attacked by 'fighting dogs' such as Bull Terriers, which are often owned by Chavs who use th

No dog should be 100% trusted around kids, some serious shit gets waffles on this site, don't you flooking think everybody that owned the dogs that have killed or just bit children thought there dogs

As regards bulldogs i always felt it was a case of " instinct will get him there but gameness will keep him there "   I must admit when i first took an interest in hunting maybe 7 or 8 years ago i f

Posted Images

I've known a few dogs that were just born bad,good owners,well raised from being pups,well fed and exercised etc

I like the breed too,and of course they're not all like that but has anyone else found this to be the case?

And got the scars to prove it !.............The term " theres no bad dogs just bad owners "......has to be the most stupidly naive phrase anyone could ever of come up with !.......Anything born of nature has the ability to be born good......or bad...........physical or mental.

Not sure what ya mean there, what we say about dogs we must also say about all animals , can we say than that animals are either good or bad ??and where does instinct come into in ??

People,animals......nature throws up wronguns always has done always will..........this belief that theres no bad dogs is completely insane..............instinct is what a dog will have within....what comes natural.................in my opinion it is not instinct that makes a dog hard on people.

Why do you think dogs are different than any other animal, ??if other animals act on instinct why not dogs ???

Because in the main most are not domesticated........they havent been manipulated by man so there instincts are true...................a dog bred to fight has man made instincts.........a dog bred to run has man made instincts..........................a lion bringing down a zebra didnt need any help from man thats just how he,s made.

Man gave the canine it's instincts to run???how can you put instincts into an animal ?? Did man teach the wolf to hunt as well

Man gave the canine it's instincts to run???how can you put instincts into an animal ?? Did man teach the wolf to hunt as well

Man doesnt put instincts into an animal.......man heightens those instincts that are already there..........or else why do we use different dogs for different jobs ?

You tell me..........can a wolf hunt as well as a lurcher ? fight as well as a bulldog ? retrieve as well as a retriever ?.......instinct is instinct right ?

• Like 2

Man doesnt put instincts into an animal.......man heightens those instincts that are already there..........or else why do we use different dogs for different jobs ?

You tell me..........can a wolf hunt as well as a lurcher ? fight as well as a bulldog ? retrieve as well as a retriever ?.......instinct is instinct right ?

So there are underlining instincts but they have no relationship in making a dog good or bad , it's man over developing of certain instincts including aggression which turns a dog bad or a bad dog is just a dog with over developed aggressive traits acting on instinct ??

Well maybe I'm wrong but I'm yet to see a lurcher taking down a bison,

Edited by Casso

So there are underlining instincts but they have no relationship in making a dog good or bad , it's man over developing of certain instincts including aggression which turns a dog bad or a bad dog is just a dog with over developed aggressive traits acting on instinct ??

Not quite sure what your on about with the Lurcher comment :blink: ....Im not saying im right its just what adds up in my little brain i cant say as ive ever read it in a text book i might be talking complete bollocks but in my time studying dogs its what makes sense to me.

I was once told by an old boy i very much respected......" gameness is a man made reversal of nature "......that always stuck with me and i believe it 100%......but thats only 1 trait of course.

Not quite sure what your on about with the Lurcher comment :blink: ....Im not saying im right its just what adds up in my little brain i cant say as ive ever read it in a text book i might be talking complete bollocks but in my time studying dogs its what makes sense to me.

I was once told by an old boy i very much respected......" gameness is a man made reversal of nature "......that always stuck with me and i believe it 100%......but thats only 1 trait of course.

true Gnash, gameness is what a good pit is all about, most normal type of dogs will fight with in nature, pitbull fights out of nature, meaning they go beyond pain barrier, of any normal dog, and that gene was bred for by man. and most of the gamest pits were not big dogs 30-50lb , as we said lots of times a 40lb pit as more intensty+power than any breed of dog double the weight+height, pound for pound strongest dog in the world. great working dogs, and should be kept as such, not as pets .!!

Game ness is a man made promotion of temperament or heart in other words,

So by elevating one we cause decline in another.

His attraction to the other dog is electromagnetic , he is attracted with more energy than his body can socially deal with just like a little pup when it starts attacking and biting , pulling on its owners clothes or hands , it's all an energetic attraction grounded orally, there is no good or bad , it's all an instinctive release of energy

An experienced fighting dog rolled often has made many associations , he associates the other dog as his releaser of tension and the energy built up within,

he feels pain during contact but associates it with what drive feels like , pain is part of the greatest freedom he feels in his life , he doesn't switch off pain, pain and him grounding his internal conflict caused by external stimulation walk hand in hand

He can distinguish his own type , he can feel the energy in his own type , he feels the others energy in his own body and welcomed it , curs feel the energy and dip their shoulders,

Nothing has been reversed in his make up , everything about him has been promoted but above all Heart , heart is what drives a dog beyond the constrains of its own body

Must admit most of that went over the top of my head i dont think some things need to be overthought or overcomplicated..............gameness is not a natural trait,its not natural for a dog to take their death trying to come out victorious in battle hence once the initial threat display is over and the fur starts to fly 99% of dogs will say " f**k this im a survivor im outta here "...........the tiny % of dogs that embrace pain and suffering in order to win got that mentality from years and years of selective breeding by man heightening those traits to the point that they reproduce themselves.

I dont think that necessarily CAUSES decline in other traits but its common sense to think that if gameness has been the trait chosen to breed for above all else........then other less important traits will have been overlooked.

Edited by gnasher16

Must admit most of that went over the top of my head i dont think some things need to be overthought or overcomplicated..............gameness is not a natural trait,its not natural for a dog to take their death trying to come out victorious in battle hence once the initial threat display is over and the fur starts to fly 99% of dogs will say " f**k this im a survivor im outta here "...........the tiny % of dogs that embrace pain and suffering in order to win got that mentality from years and years of selective breeding by man heightening those traits to the point that they reproduce themselves.

I dont think that necessarily CAUSES decline in other traits but its common sense to think that if gameness has been the trait chosen to breed for above all else........then other less important traits will have been overlooked.

Haven't read the whole thread but this is a good post ... which is unlike you lol

Gameness ,to me anyway, is the reverse of self preservation which as you said is not a natural trait.

:thumbs:

Edited by STRANGER

heart is now so high in some lurchers that they will literally run themselves to death if allowed to. so its not just a trait confined to fighting dogs.

yeh i know what you mean paul, had a dog like that 1l4 pit 3/4 grey he would run till he dropped, or what ever ge grabbed was going no where.It was his down fall in the end he hit a concrete post, never run proper again finished. :cray:

bruce99_zps4951bb66.jpg

heart is now so high in some lurchers that they will literally run themselves to death if allowed to. so its not just a trait confined to fighting dogs.

Very different kind of " heart " though mate im sure you would agree........not that the traits isnt just as impressive in a Lurcher.

Very different kind of " heart " though mate im sure you would agree........not that the traits isnt just as impressive in a Lurcher.

its a trait carried over from the bull so why would it be different. would a pit not run itself to the ground chasing something that ran rather than faced