Are The Best Dogmen Work Shy Dole Bums?

the question dont really make much sense......yes time put into your dog will get it too its full potential but it wont make it run faster and it wont change habits ..........but everytime you take your dog out it will have learnt something........it helps too take them out too different places to see different quarry, landscapes,....smells ,..livestock..etc etc

every dog is different and they will only get better to there potential.........

i go out every day and i think its very important too excercise dogs daily, clean kennels , ..feed ,....hunt what ever...

lets be honest a fit dog doesnt get like that just because of a stroll in the park ,......theres hours a day put into them ........

what you aim to do is give the dog the best chance of being ABLE to do its job too its full POTENTIAL ........and some put more work than others into them but that doesnt make the dog any better than a dog that hasnt had as much time put in to it........that comes down to dedicated breeding from the best of the best.....decades not a punt in the cmw.....

theres no such thing as good dog men ,.........they do what they can under there circumstances,.......for there own reasons......some will hunt all year ,....some will fitness excercise every day,....some will be out for nice quite strolls for a hour or two.........some will hunt different quarry........some will need fitness,.....some will need to rely on nose.....what ever you choose it dont make any body better than any other man and there dogs.........

an egg is an egg you can take it out and polish it every hour of every day .....it dont mean its any better than the next ....... as its inside what counts .......but what you put into it also helps ,.........whever its scrambled , poached or fried .........we will never differ there will be arseholes with dogs and there will be men and woman who try and get the full potential out there dogs...........but there will always be better out there...

amen to that good post whippet :thumbs:

ONLY ONE THING MISSING....................LUCK!!!!!!!! WE ALL NEED A BIT OF THAT

• Like 1

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

How about starting a thread you've not done before then baw? http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/topic/210324-who-makes-the-best-dogmen/

When I was 'resting' ,..and unemployed,...I definitely had far better running dogs.. No question about it,...and the reasons were fairly obvious,...I slept by day,..and I walked by night...every nigh

A good dogman is a good dogman regardless of if they got a job or not imo.

Posted Images

The best dog/stockman I ever met worked (still does) as a bricklayer, is a great family man and built his own house and facilities for his livestock which are second to none I've seen.

There's an old saying that if you want a job done promptly ask a busy man......J

Judging by the photo of that gleaming black bitch,he knows a thing or two about photography too :laugh:

• Like 1

most of the unemployed lads dogs ive seen have been in bad nick,they cant feed em decent grub,they chuck a bit of wag out for em,or feed em on them79p sausage things.....................and yes i f...k hate lazy people

i got more hunting done lurcher wise when i worked nightshifts, i finished early hours and mid winter could have a shine round, summer time i could mooch about at 3am before dole heads got out of there pit.

only good thing about nights, that and getting pissed on a sundaynight if i fancied it

• Like 2

not sure about good dog men bein bru victims, id say more good dogmen are bordering alcoholics or full blown alcos

and the more pints they get the quicker their dogs run.some hares killed in the beer tent.lol
  • Like 1

not sure about good dog men bein bru victims, id say more good dogmen are bordering alcoholics or full blown alcos

and the more pints they get the quicker their dogs run.some hares killed in the beer tent.lol

and some suffer from pseudologia fantastica and dont need to be in the beer tent

Lets face it, its hard trying to juggle family life, full time work and find time to train a pup and give it enough exercise and work to do it justice. I read on here guys with 6 dogs and pups on the way, how the f**k do they manage it? Best dogman I knew was a sponger. Never worked. His dogs were the biss and so they should have been. f**k all to do but walk them miles a day. So what you reckon, who has the best dogs, folk who work or those who don't?

Do you mean the best dog men or people with the best dogs?

The folk with the best dogs are the ones who take the time to get the right blood, weed out the shite and have the commitment to put the work in front of them.......if they have a job or not has nothing to do with it JMHO

The best dog men are those that take the time to get to know a dog and its moods, read the animal and act accordingly

You can be both or one or the other or neither....... again JMHO

Edited by WILF
  • Like 1

and some suffer from pseudologia fantastica and dont need to be in the beer tent

what to f**k that mean

I can and will only speak for myself...

My dogs and their work has been the biggest 'constant' in my life, since the age of 7 I have never been without a 'working' dog.

I have worked for the same company for 27 years, I have worked myself up the ladder and now manage the place.

I choose to work shifts, which I could have given up many years ago but it has always given me more freedom with the dogs.

I moved house coming up to 4 years ago, brought on with the fact that I was going to be a dad for the first time at 42!

I now live with open countryside front and back. It gives me total freedom to work my dogs.

I see it all as evolving, adapting my lifestyle to suit my changing life, whilst all the while continuing to work my dogs.

Are my dogs any better for the changes and effort i've put in....?

No...!! We just do things a little 'different' now.... ;)

Just read this, your still a stirrring twat Baw but decent post :laugh:

IMO, depends on what you put into the dog and also the quality of the dog that determines the outcome.

More time with the mutt should equal a bettter animal but I'm no expert :toast:

Cheers, D.

Anyway, it don't really matter, as long as you derive pleasure from what you do and don't talk mince to all and sundry

I know one thing, I wouldn't loose a wink of sleep if someone said " ohhhh, he isn't a good dog man"

So f**k, worry about your own stuff I reckon ;)

• Like 4

I think that where there are often plenty of dog men living in these areas carrying on their traditional way of life, often tend to be historically high in unemployment. Not because the lads that live there are scroungers but because the world has moved on from what it used to be and their industry has left them with little or no opportunity to find other decent employment. I am talking about places Like the north and Wales where a few decades ago their whole community and their main source of income was perhaps mining or quarrying.

Edited by redpat1
  • Like 1

Lets face it, its hard trying to juggle family life, full time work and find time to train a pup and give it enough exercise and work to do it justice. I read on here guys with 6 dogs and pups on the way, how the f**k do they manage it? Best dogman I knew was a sponger. Never worked. His dogs were the biss and so they should have been. f**k all to do but walk them miles a day. So what you reckon, who has the best dogs, folk who work or those who don't?

How about starting a thread you've not done before then baw? :D

http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/topic/210324-who-makes-the-best-dogmen/

:laugh::notworthy: I was bored, place was quiet :laugh::thumbs:

That island is waiting for you BAW :laugh::laugh: