Are The Best Dogmen Work Shy Dole Bums?

Lets face it, its hard trying to juggle family life, full time work and find time to train a pup and give it enough exercise and work to do it justice. I read on here guys with 6 dogs and pups on the way, how the f**k do they manage it? Best dogman I knew was a sponger. Never worked. His dogs were the biss and so they should have been. f**k all to do but walk them miles a day. So what you reckon, who has the best dogs, folk who work or those who don't?

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

How about starting a thread you've not done before then baw? http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/topic/210324-who-makes-the-best-dogmen/

When I was 'resting' ,..and unemployed,...I definitely had far better running dogs.. No question about it,...and the reasons were fairly obvious,...I slept by day,..and I walked by night...every nigh

A good dogman is a good dogman regardless of if they got a job or not imo.

Posted Images

People who take they're dogs to work with 'em stand a fair chance of having a decent dog :).... when im bringing on a pup i take it round the mole traps... ive never got one to mark a mole (lol) , but its amazing how many chances you get for the pup

Good point that mate. Not many who work can do that though mate but you've added a new dimension :thumbs:

• Like 1

Lets face it, its hard trying to juggle family life, full time work and find time to train a pup and give it enough exercise and work to do it justice. I read on here guys with 6 dogs and pups on the way, how the f**k do they manage it? Best dogman I knew was a sponger. Never worked. His dogs were the biss and so they should have been. f**k all to do but walk them miles a day. So what you reckon, who has the best dogs, folk who work or those who don't?

How about starting a thread you've not done before then baw? :D

http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/topic/210324-who-makes-the-best-dogmen/

• Like 12

I work full time and manage my dogs I get up 6oclock every day walk the dogs abit go to work at 8 the finish at 3.30 ( work through dinner) back out with the dogs the out weekend play rugby and got misses and I go lamping in the week sleep two hours some times and go to work ! People on here now me what I do if you want to do it you can !

• Like 6

Well to be honest my mate doesnt do either work his dogs are go to work his just a waster :laugh:

But he tells sum great storys of the old days ,call sunday morning and his sick in the bed and 20 dogs out the back roaring to go :icon_eek:

:laugh: he sounds like he's lost the desire. I think this is a problem for a lot of guys unemployed for a while, the old motivation goes :yes:

How about starting a thread you've not done before then baw? :D

http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/topic/210324-who-makes-the-best-dogmen/

:laugh::notworthy: I was bored, place was quiet :laugh::thumbs:

I almost fell off my chair when I read the title, cracked me up. I definately know what you are saying though, I have a full time office job and three young kids with all the demands and time constraints that go with it. I think that if you really want to have a well trained dog or dogs then you have to be brutal with your time and manage it well, hopefully people getting a running dog will know what they are letting themselves in for, I know I didnt when I first started out.

As for being on the Dole or spongers having well trained dogs, I expect its like all things and is down to the individual. What is to say that someone who cant get off their arse to go to work will have the motivation and commitment to put in the hours with their dogs.

I reckon there are plenty of lads on here who work their nuts off day in and day out, raise a family and still have quality animals though.

Pat

• Like 3

I work full time and manage my dogs I get up 6oclock every day walk the dogs abit go to work at 8 the finish at 3.30 ( work through dinner) back out with the dogs the out weekend play rugby and got misses and I go lamping in the week sleep two hours some times and go to work ! People on here now me what I do if you want to do it you can !

I'm not saying folk who work don't work there dogs but do you think someone who can devote 24/7 to your dogs would have them running better?

assumptions made for the wrong reasons, do all people who work make shit dog men :hmm: maybe part time is the answer :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

:laugh: you might be onto something there :hmm::D

only problem is my part time is rapidly becomeing far more part than time :laugh: