Are The Best Dogmen Work Shy Dole Bums?

maybe dogs are part of there job.......like pest controlling .....

i got 6 dogs and im not working ,...its too many really ..........whippets dont count really tho.....

but will be looking for pet home for the old terrier...housework ,....kids ,....school....and dogs a busy combination for a single parent......i would never manage a job on top .....otherwise dogs would have to go.........fooking hard work.......but in two years my youngest can go too big school on his own then i will have too look at work ,....and consider my options

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

How about starting a thread you've not done before then baw? http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/topic/210324-who-makes-the-best-dogmen/

When I was 'resting' ,..and unemployed,...I definitely had far better running dogs.. No question about it,...and the reasons were fairly obvious,...I slept by day,..and I walked by night...every nigh

A good dogman is a good dogman regardless of if they got a job or not imo.

Posted Images

I suppose I am lucky as a full time rabbit catcher the dogs are with me full time BUT I believe that no matter what job you do if you want the best dog you will put the work in and find the time ... its no different than any other hobby you get good by time and effort ...........

If im honest when me and a friend were rabbit catching for abit of cash we could get by with average dogs aslong as they were fairly obediant and marked up. Id say my dogs now are alot better as i take more enjoyment out of just bieng out as do the dogs. Instead of bieng under pressure to perform. Fair play to you becuase its not an easy job. Atb

maybe dogs are part of there job.......like pest controlling .....

i got 6 dogs and im not working ,...its too many really ..........whippets dont count really tho.....

but will be looking for pet home for the old terrier...housework ,....kids ,....school....and dogs a busy combination for a single parent......i would never manage a job on top .....otherwise dogs would have to go.........fooking hard work.......but in two years my youngest can go too big school on his own then i will have too look at work ,....and consider my options

Good honest post that. :thumbs: if you have dogs, work, kids and a mrs or single parent, something has to be deprived of attention. There are only so many hours in the day. I think its ok if the dogs aren't pups, its trying to give a pup enough time to do it justice I find would be the hardest. I'm thinking of getting a pup and I honestly don't have the time. I know you think cos I post a lot I'm on here a lot but in truth, I ain't. I work 6am till 2, the time I spend on here. I'm lucky I have a job I can do that. I have enough time before and after work to deal with the dogs and the other shit I get upto but bit different with a pup.

• Like 1

I work full time and manage my dogs I get up 6oclock every day walk the dogs abit go to work at 8 the finish at 3.30 ( work through dinner) back out with the dogs the out weekend play rugby and got misses and I go lamping in the week sleep two hours some times and go to work ! People on here now me what I do if you want to do it you can !

I'm not saying folk who work don't work there dogs but do you think someone who can devote 24/7 to your dogs would have them running better?

so would you say someone who doesnt work has better kid's?????????, silly question realy as all cases are differnet.

its not just how much time you put in it's about quality time, i work hard thats why i have one dog she get enough work to keep

us both happy and thats all that matters

I work full time and manage my dogs I get up 6oclock every day walk the dogs abit go to work at 8 the finish at 3.30 ( work through dinner) back out with the dogs the out weekend play rugby and got misses and I go lamping in the week sleep two hours some times and go to work ! People on here now me what I do if you want to do it you can !

I'm not saying folk who work don't work there dogs but do you think someone who can devote 24/7 to your dogs would have them running better?

so would you say someone who doesnt work has better kid's?????????, silly question realy as all cases are differnet.

its not just how much time you put in it's about quality time, i work hard thats why i have one dog she get enough work to keep

us both happy and thats all that matters

If someone can devote all there time to there kids compared to kids who get put into a child minder 10 hrs a day, I'd say that is better for the kids. 1 dogs easy to deal with, some guys on here have half a dozen and pups as well. Just don't see how a working man can do that.

I work outside and am self employed dry stone waller/hedgelayer/molecatcher so I spend a lot of time with my dogs...I have 4 dogs and 5 kids and have never claimed benefits in my life...but I'm no better a dogman than someone who has never worked...likewise I know some pretty basic dogmen who have never struck a blow...I also work at home...so I am blessed that I can pick and choose and come and go as I like...and I do tend to frame things around my dogs as much as I can...

I always think the constants with 'good' dogmen are consistency, dedication and an unstinting ability to understand dogs do their 'own thing'...matters not one jot if they're working 80 hours a week or lying on the sofa watching daytime telly....with work being the last think on their minds.... :thumbs:

• Like 3

what you work at baw youv always free time on your hands

I wank turkeys mate always have a free hand :tongue2:

must be murder at Christmas time.....when the work slows down.. :laugh:;)

:laugh: its hard mate but its a rewarding job when they gobble back to you :laugh:

• Like 1

what you work at baw youv always free time on your hands

I wank turkeys mate always have a free hand :tongue2:

must be murder at Christmas time.....when the work slows down.. :laugh:;)

Ah heard it was the turkey's doing the gobbling Baw... :laugh:

so all working famillies use child minders???? for 10 hours a day do you live in the real world??? what about folk who work and provide a better quality of life for there kid's,

at the end of the day good parents can have bad kids and bad parents good kid's, it's the same with dog's.

and yes one dog is easy thats why i only have one because i cant manage another

• Like 2