D Brian Plummer

2 hours ago, levigsp said:

I dont really. but he took huge parts of my life story along with other and used them to make money, he had no morel compass. I saw him ruin the life of People and dogs-because he could. Its not worth getting hot under the collar over, I am just glad I out lived him.

Did u live in uist?

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well,22 pages on a man that no-one seems to have a good word for other than enjoying his early books,I met Plummer on many occassions at a mates farm and he was always odd,to say the least,he suffered

His books were the only ones of their kind in the seventies and eighties, and I must have owned and read them all. They were entertaining and to an impressionable teenager the 'facts' were often dige

John h.....who the feck are you?? There's a good number of men on hear that hunt....take a long hard look through all the sections on the site....there's some great advice and tips all the way through

Posted Images

11 hours ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Well he’s lived every f***ing where else ???

Not correct. but some of us made a living catching foxes, rabbits and later deer and in my case I went where the work was.

What I didnt do was sit on my haunches thinking about doing it, I hunted in one form or another 300 days a year and as an old man I still do, only difference I do it for pleasure, like this morning.

No doubt whilst most people and possibly you were in your flea pit scratching your bits and pieces I was out taking Roe doe's back in the door at 6am with 2.

Edited by levigsp
  • Like 3
On 17/03/2022 at 21:48, mC HULL said:

ill have to have a look never read any of his books

Few of his books good read and deserve a place on a book shelf and they isn't many books wrote about lurchers ,terriers  that top plummers apart from Phil Lloyd and maybe the odd darcy book ,

maybe they few lads on here who could put a book together 

1 hour ago, levigsp said:

Not correct. but some of us made a living catching foxes, rabbits and later deer and in my case I went where the work was.

What I didnt do was sit on my haunches thinking about doing it, I hunted in one form or another 300 days a year and as an old man I still do, only difference I do it for pleasure, like this morning.

No doubt whilst most people and possibly you were in your flea pit scratching your bits and pieces I was out taking Roe doe's back in the door at 6am with 2.

f***ing hell , I used to walk my dogs as well before work mate ???

11 minutes ago, Moocher71 said:

Few of his books good read and deserve a place on a book shelf and they isn't many books wrote about lurchers ,terriers  that top plummers apart from Phil Lloyd and maybe the odd darcy book ,

maybe they few lads on here who could put a book together 

I still rate his rouges and running dog book and in the 70s when it was first published the lurcher was still very much frowned upon by gamekeepers' landowners and such like and then to dedicate the book to the rogue's who kept them caused a lot of controversy back in the day from the shooting brigade.

• Like 3
3 hours ago, levigsp said:

You tell him ,cheeky young upstart