English Bull Terriers

10 minutes ago, jetro said:

A few staffs i had down through the years, not one ever took to water 

And I had them on the beach nearly every day. 

Atb j 

Ha ha, there no gsd or collie in them is there? Lol, because them 2 feckin  wimps are same, they only go in up to there chest in water, never take there feet of the bottom, don't think they can swim lol. Mind you Buck did one day jump River to get a fox. Don't think he even got his feet wet haha,  norm he retreve a  shot fox  to me,om dry land. Lol

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

heres a couple of pics, too many, sorry. i owned the brindle bitch. The white dog is my brothers, thunder rock bred and everything a bullie shod be. Both were 100% driven and capable. I know the breed

Without wishing to offend..........why would somebody called " working bull and terrier " be so bothered about " a straighter profile " and importing one " that looks like those " and be calling dogs

Posted this before in another section i know, but here's an e.b.t. x i owned close to thirty years ago now...an absolute b*****d of a dog. I've been around all of the bull and terrier types over the y

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, bird said:

Ha ha, there no gsd or collie in them is there? Lol, because them 2 feckin  wimps are same, they only go in up to there chest in water, never take there feet of the bottom, don't think they can swim lol. Mind you Buck did one day jump River to get a fox. Don't think he even got his feet wet haha,  norm he retreve a  shot fox  to me,om dry land. Lol

LOL no, just straight staffs Ray. 

Its funny they never liked the beach, but would plow through drains and ditches after foxes, rats and rabbits .

Atb j .

58 minutes ago, shaaark said:

Not being stupid here d c, but you know what, I've never seen a staff or ebt that's good in water, never mind swimming. 

I think it's because they're so densley muscled

Mine won the water scurry at Harewood ???

Katchum might even have pics ?

• Like 2
1 minute ago, mushroom said:

Thats the staff bitch you had with rabbit, you posted a vid before. Lovely looking staff, and very mannerlly 

Atb j 

57 minutes ago, shaaark said:

Not being stupid here d c, but you know what, I've never seen a staff or ebt that's good in water, never mind swimming. 

I think it's because they're so densley muscled

I wasnt there at the time mate, my cousin would come grab her and get out in the days, I was still at comp?came home, dog was f****d and my old man pts.... 

1 minute ago, jetro said:

Thats the staff bitch you had with rabbit, you posted a vid before. Lovely looking staff, and very mannerlly 

Atb j 

Aye she is that mate. She lives with my disable mum and ain't no one (even at 12 years old) getting near me mam, that she doesn't trust. Apart from that, she's lovely ?

A once in a lifetime dog, for me ;)

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

I a glad we stuck about for the giving out the trophy’s, shroom stood started like a speedy Gonzales, about 2 ft tall on tippy toes with a sombrero that blocked all light, an all the purpose bred  dogs stood with there Range Rover driving, Purdue carrying owners, looking at there pro trained mutts with nowt but contempt to watch speedy an his bat wares staffs take there trophy’s off em? what a day? 

You stuck around because I was driving, ta nob head ?

• Haha 1
15 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

They got real character that's for sure?I think they tend to bond with the one person.... You won't get a loyaler dog imo... I had one as a young teenager, I tried walking in to the local spar shop once, a load of older arse holes were outside, buzzing on temazipan and cheap cider, I asked the one lad to move, he told me to f**k off and tried swinging at me?the dog grabbed him by the ankle and shook him like a rag doll?not a lot left of his airmax or trackie bottoms... his mates scattered like rats lol, he was crying for me to get the dog off him.... I told him ask her nicely ? no cnut would come near me when I had her with me, I was gutted when my cousin took her down the river one day, after running them with his bulls on a hot day, threw a stick in and she went in and drowned?funny thing is I've not spoke to the prick in 26 yrs, it's still raw with me... My mates got some crackers but my Mrs won't have one in the house while we still got kids there.... I will have another one day ?

They defo bond with one person for sure . I couldn't look at the wife wrong . Yet he seen me as boss . Took the piss out my missus and daughter.  But never tried to take piss out me . Special dogs for some reason.  Masters at nothing.  But jack of all trades 

• Like 1
15 hours ago, mushroom said:

Not saying none can swim, just that I've never seen one swim properly. The dog I had years ago was pretty bad, he'd practically sink like a stone before struggling to get his head above water and panic swim to the bank lol.

My brother's bitch was more or less the same.

And before I get slated for 'basing my assumption on just two staffs', I know a few staff owners that keep their dogs away from our local riverbank for the same reasons lol ?

Edited by shaaark
On 29/07/2020 at 19:20, Daniel cain said:

I wasnt there at the time mate, my cousin would come grab her and get out in the days, I was still at comp?came home, dog was f****d and my old man pts.... 

Fella that lives about 1/4 of a mile from me, got two EBT's, big things they are. And he won't walk them near our river, for the same reasons that I've said in my other post.

May be worth pointing out to some, that the stretches of our river, the taff, that I'm talking about, are steep sided and fairly deep, with hardly any shallow margins, so if a dog falls in off the huge boulders, put in to stop the banks being washed away, the dog is immediately in a few feet of fast flowing water with a strong current

Edited by shaaark
  • Like 2

Posted this before in another section i know, but here's an e.b.t. x i owned close to thirty years ago now...an absolute b*****d of a dog. I've been around all of the bull and terrier types over the years, ebt/sbt/apbt. and i can safely say, i.m.o. ebt's were the least trustworthy of the bunch. give me a nice little staff or a good american dog any day of the week...

Yokel

received_601010077499485.jpeg

• Like 14