English Bull Terriers

By the way, my last post was not directed to anyone specific, it was a general statement to any and everyone reading that may not have full bulldogs knowledge.

I'd like to add my .02 cents on the using BT's for work statement.

Although the breed has been morphed so drastically physically......I believe that alot of these dogs still have the drive and the heart to WANT to be a dog. My Shiner dog is 'show' bred, but he is so drivey that the average person would have probably rehomed him by now due to lack of understanding. I look forward to seeing how my dog turns out in the future. It was the same case for my husband's bitch. She's turned out to be a great CD.

Now, I keep my dog lean, and exercize him alot, so as far as wind goes, he's pretty good there. Would I compare him to one of my conditioned bulldogs? DEFINATELY not. But for how he is structured and the shape I keep him in, he's fine.

Just a couple shots if him messing around in the yard

100_3742.jpg

100_3782.jpg

• Like 1

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

heres a couple of pics, too many, sorry. i owned the brindle bitch. The white dog is my brothers, thunder rock bred and everything a bullie shod be. Both were 100% driven and capable. I know the breed

Without wishing to offend..........why would somebody called " working bull and terrier " be so bothered about " a straighter profile " and importing one " that looks like those " and be calling dogs

Posted this before in another section i know, but here's an e.b.t. x i owned close to thirty years ago now...an absolute b*****d of a dog. I've been around all of the bull and terrier types over the y

Posted Images

Just wanted to add my point of view and i have far/none from the experience workinBT have, but about genetics and DA behaviour and think that goes with a lot of breeds not be trusted to get in scramble at a certain situation, guard dogs, alsations, airforce dogs, rottweilers etc. some dogs are more dominant from the start but some has to be cranked to even open their mouth. i see your point but also keeping them on a chain all day doesnt make them more social then keeping them as a "pet". yard accident rarely occur w 2 dogs living toghether with an owner under normal circumstances, its usually a hinge or a collar that goes of in a yard of bulldogs and then its just what it is. I do believe "security" thinking comes first and its easier to keep that line for the public, but it also makes the hype of bulldogs or bull n terrier breeds "machine" like in that behaviour and i dont think its fair all the way. i dont think genetics can be trained away but i dont buy the hard-wired idea of world view either so i think its more then jusg genes that code proteins that make dogs what they are.....just my 5 cents

my yard dog is an english bull terrier getting on now 8/9 years old put alot of weight on past few years he used to be very fit as I conditioned him with my lurchers but now he's defo not a ripped dog obviously or in brilliant shape he used to be but know he's got a laid back life :yes:

301268_269105463206611_396558436_n.jpg

311157_293790030738154_202510837_n.jpg

558915_293792817404542_2038170446_n.jpg

My dads had afew racy ebt in the past but they rant easy to get hold of now :( shame the breeds been ruined

Edited by J.DOG
  • Like 2

I love english bull terriers and own one from show lines however i keep him in peak condition. He is the furthes thing from a couch potato.

Neilsherlock - do you breed your bullies? are you planning any litters?

Jawn - Is that a patterdale mix dog on your profile picture?

• Like 1

I love english bull terriers and own one from show lines however i keep him in peak condition. He is the furthes thing from a couch potato.

Neilsherlock - do you breed your bullies? are you planning any litters?

Jawn - Is that a patterdale mix dog on your profile picture?

No he's a jagdterror.lol

my yard dog is an english bull terrier getting on now 8/9 years old put alot of weight on past few years he used to be very fit as I conditioned him with my lurchers but now he's defo not a ripped dog obviously or in brilliant shape he used to be but know he's got a laid back life :yes:

My dads had afew racy ebt in the past but they rant easy to get hold of now :( shame the breeds been ruined

Wants its glands doing fellah...... Is that pressure sores all over him?

Wants its glands doing fellah...... Is that pressure sores all over him?

No he's got a skin problem , he's always sore so ripps himself apart he's being treated mate he's had the condition since he was 2yrs been treated ever since just dome days he's worse but he's getting better :thumbs:

heres a couple of pics, too many, sorry. i owned the brindle bitch. The white dog is my brothers, thunder rock bred and everything a bullie shod be. Both were 100% driven and capable. I know the breeds in a shit state on the whole but the right types can still be found over here

473.jpg

SonnyMacyandmycar006.jpg

Photo-0152-1.jpg

IMG00472-20110821-1217.jpg

IMG00470-20110821-1214-1.jpg

EdReids023.jpg

DSC_0155-2.jpg

DSC_0154.jpg

DSC_0092-1.jpg

DSC_0024.jpg

DSCN0313.jpg

DSCF1018.jpg

DSCF1011.jpg

DSCF0323.jpg

DSCF0209.jpg

4x.jpg

the brindle bitch is show bred and was not shy of work, sharp as a tack. She was a pleasure to condition. No i dont breed mate

There is a lot of hate for show type english bull terriers but my belief is your dog is always what you make it... Mine is in great shape...

JAWN - What height and weight is he as he looks quite big on the photo?

NEILSHERLOCK - do you know of anyone breeding the inglis type bull terriers?

There is a lot of hate for show type english bull terriers but my belief is your dog is always what you make it... Mine is in great shape...

JAWN - What height and weight is he as he looks quite big on the photo?

NEILSHERLOCK - do you know of anyone breeding the inglis type bull terriers?

He's actually quite small. Around thirteen inches at the withers and fifteen pounds. I'd post some other pics of him but photobucket seems to be acting weird.