venison lurchers.

1/4 wheaten 3/4 greyhound 31"

colliexbullxgreyhound they both did the job

Thats some size for a wheaten//greyhound cross thats even taller than any pure greyhound ive seen :laugh:

theres some coursing dogs over here the size of donkeys-95lb +

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not being funny, but surely anyone who's done enough lambing, especially bigger stuff, but even rabbits, will have had a dog catch out of the beam plenty of times. Granted, most bunny in flat fields w

There was deer & then there was DEER..90% of lurchers were capable of the smaller varieties yet only 10% would of been capable of the bigger types,single handed of course I'm talking here..All hyp

Rutting fallow,lot of power in these things,just been watching a fight that went on for 3 minutes from a distance of 10 feet sometimes.    

Posted Images

thanks guys , i know loads of lurchers can do it .

i was thinking a dog more capable of the larger fallow , and one that would not bruise the meat as you said .

me and a mate argue this question all the time , i was thinking a big dog 25+ with a brain that would learn how best to tackle them with minimum fuss , so my thoughts where collie grew.

but my mate thinks its more a bull x job . the idea with the pair would be for the larger fallow bucks , but other than that not worked as a pair . just in this imaginry world there would be two dogs so one was fresh for the next slip , my mistake in the way i worded it .

im not a fan of the salukis , i just cant get on with them iv had a few but just never goton with them , but heard there good on venison .

Entered the right way (doubled) most dogs will take deer single handed but I like deer x grey type for where I live speed is key word or you can end up with a long walk to find dog plus some of them fallow will drag small dog a long way

• Like 3

Entered the right way (doubled) most dogs will take deer single handed but I like deer x grey type for where I live speed is key word or you can end up with a long walk to find dog plus some of them fallow will drag small dog a long way

:thumbs:

gallery_56277_4165_25954.jpgjust a thought but this could be good

lightweight

I hope your one of harrylongears mates or taking the p*ss, Id prefur a dog like that who can eat up the ground rather than a heavy bull cross that cant get on terms in the first place.

:thumbs:

gallery_56277_4165_25954.jpgjust a thought but this could be good

lightweight

I hope your one of harrylongears mates or taking the p*ss, Id prefur a dog like that who can eat up the ground rather than a heavy bull cross that cant get on terms in the first place.

i keep bull crosses mate and most ive saw run are pretty fast and the big up side to this breed is no reverse gear witch sum breeds seem to possess not saying there the best for taking deer pre ban they can be heavy mouthed but they have got the bottle :thumbs:

• 5 years later...

How did you used to stop dogs hunting on after bambi if they ran it out of the beam?

ATB JB

Always been illegal to run bambi in beam mate

Ok, When ya wearing a balaclava....how do you stop dogs hunting on after bambi when running it out the beam? ha.

• Like 1

How did you used to stop dogs hunting on after bambi if they ran it out of the beam?

ATB JB

Ok, When ya wearing a balaclava....how do you stop dogs hunting on after bambi when running it out the beam? ha.
Train dog to come back to a whistle ,helps if you have a herding blooded lurcher though.

ATB JB

same way you stop a dog running rabbits when its not in the beam you turn off and the dog comes back doesn't it?