venison lurchers.

geez peace.how did the patterdale catch them

Caught them when beating out plantations which were fenced in,you know how they could get in a panic & then run into fencing etc & be their own worst enemy thrashing & bouncing about instead of taking a step back & popping over & away to safety..Patt took several he did back in the days of yesteryear

If there caged in a reckon any dog could

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not being funny, but surely anyone who's done enough lambing, especially bigger stuff, but even rabbits, will have had a dog catch out of the beam plenty of times. Granted, most bunny in flat fields w

There was deer & then there was DEER..90% of lurchers were capable of the smaller varieties yet only 10% would of been capable of the bigger types,single handed of course I'm talking here..All hyp

Rutting fallow,lot of power in these things,just been watching a fight that went on for 3 minutes from a distance of 10 feet sometimes.    

Posted Images

There was deer & then there was DEER..90% of lurchers were capable of the smaller varieties yet only 10% would of been capable of the bigger types,single handed of course I'm talking here..All hypothetical these days but still for us oldies we can talk from personal experience

back in the day what lurchers were capable of pulling the big reds.?

There was deer & then there was DEER..90% of lurchers were capable of the smaller varieties yet only 10% would of been capable of the bigger types,single handed of course I'm talking here..All hypothetical these days but still for us oldies we can talk from personal experience

The ones you read in stories....

you don't think it's possible?

you don't think it's possible?

Anything is possible, I've seen multiple dogs on a big stag and they struggled. Pulling and holding a Red stag down is different gravy imo.

• Like 1

Seen big bull greyhounds get flicked off a red like a shit fly on a horses arse.seen 24 inch bull lurcher bitch hang on to one for 3 fields to.heart like a lion.back in the day it took a dog with a big heart.a style and a a owner with the same balls.

• Like 4