venison lurchers.

Nothing's impossible when it comes to predators and prey fellas, you'd think it was impossible for a wolf to kill a bison single handed but it happens and the owners also there to put things in the dogs favour as much as possible aswel so if things all went to plan when it was legal obviously I think it could of been done ?

a watched a thing with wolves a would say its totally different the wolves attack it together as they don't want to get injured they injury there prey then follow it as said totally different.what would owners do to turn it to the dogs favour explain it what dog was used etc
i know wolves hunt in packs pal but iv also seen a lone wolf kill a bison on a documentary aswel so it can be done, I'd say by being a hunter which understands it's quarry and trying to work out the best way to approach what ever he's into same as all hunting really, I couldn't comment on what dogs fella because mine certainly ain't capable i just believe there's dogs out there that preban are or were capable ?

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not being funny, but surely anyone who's done enough lambing, especially bigger stuff, but even rabbits, will have had a dog catch out of the beam plenty of times. Granted, most bunny in flat fields w

There was deer & then there was DEER..90% of lurchers were capable of the smaller varieties yet only 10% would of been capable of the bigger types,single handed of course I'm talking here..All hyp

Rutting fallow,lot of power in these things,just been watching a fight that went on for 3 minutes from a distance of 10 feet sometimes.    

Posted Images

There can't be many out there that's breeding just vennydogs, just good fast dogs with a little stay that can also spin old sally in the day? Or maybe there just smart enough to keep quite and just keep on.

If there is any out there planning a litter anytime soon drop me a message

Nothing's impossible when it comes to predators and prey fellas, you'd think it was impossible for a wolf to kill a bison single handed but it happens and the owners also there to put things in the dogs favour as much as possible aswel so if things all went to plan when it was legal obviously I think it could of been done ?

a watched a thing with wolves a would say its totally different the wolves attack it together as they don't want to get injured they injury there prey then follow it as said totally different.what would owners do to turn it to the dogs favour explain it what dog was used etc
i know wolves hunt in packs pal but iv also seen a lone wolf kill a bison on a documentary aswel so it can be done, I'd say by being a hunter which understands it's quarry and trying to work out the best way to approach what ever he's into same as all hunting really, I couldn't comment on what dogs fella because mine certainly ain't capable i just believe there's dogs out there that preban are or were capable ?
What was the documentary called?

Nothing's impossible when it comes to predators and prey fellas, you'd think it was impossible for a wolf to kill a bison single handed but it happens and the owners also there to put things in the dogs favour as much as possible aswel so if things all went to plan when it was legal obviously I think it could of been done

i know wolves hunt in packs pal but iv also seen a lone wolf kill a bison on a documentary aswel so it can be done, I'd say by being a hunter which understands it's quarry and trying to work out the best way to approach what ever he's into same as all hunting really, I couldn't comment on what dogs fella because mine certainly ain't capable i just believe there's dogs out there that preban are or were capable

dont believe everything you see on TV.

Nothing's impossible when it comes to predators and prey fellas, you'd think it was impossible for a wolf to kill a bison single handed but it happens and the owners also there to put things in the dogs favour as much as possible aswel so if things all went to plan when it was legal obviously I think it could of been done

i know wolves hunt in packs pal but iv also seen a lone wolf kill a bison on a documentary aswel so it can be done, I'd say by being a hunter which understands it's quarry and trying to work out the best way to approach what ever he's into same as all hunting really, I couldn't comment on what dogs fella because mine certainly ain't capable i just believe there's dogs out there that preban are or were capable

dont believe everything you see on TV.
cheers you've just fuked family guy right up for me now
  • Like 4

How did you used to stop dogs hunting on after bambi if they ran it out of the beam?

ATB JB

Always been illegal to run bambi in beam mate

Ok, When ya wearing a balaclava....how do you stop dogs hunting on after bambi when running it out the beam? ha.

same way you stop a dog running rabbits when its not in the beam you turn off and the dog comes back doesn't it?

Not to my knowledge, Rabbits 9 times out of 10 usually are down a hole once the dog's missed so he trots back. Never seen a fallow manage that trick yet !

what was your dog doing then mate? crashing through woods on it own like a manic chasing deer round on its own agenda?

Sometimes I would imagine that to be in with a decent chance at dropping your target animal you don't want to keep the beam on it all the time, sometimes in those half chance situation a quick flash for the dog to register that the beast is there and then lamp off and let the dog go is the way forward ( I suppose ) ...........a dog can get right up on a beast in the dark before the beast knows what the feck is happening.

Most animals eyesight is much better in the dark than humans, something to do with the cones and rods.........I personally have never seen any decent dog that could be called off deer......different story with rabbits when the light Is turned off, they are conditioned to return because they learn that there will another along shortly jmho

• Like 1

There can't be many out there that's breeding just vennydogs, just good fast dogs with a little stay that can also spin old sally in the day? Or maybe there just smart enough to keep quite and just keep on.

I think anything with abit of speed and stay should knock over a few roe or hares the odd unlucky fallow. Infact if you were doing a lot of deer Pre ban or within the law (bla bla bla) it could be a pain at times to keep the lurchers off them on the odd morning ferreting or out with terriers.

My own idea of a good deer dog is something strong size doesn't matter at all to me something that can find its quarry for itself without human help will run it through the open or in heavy cover will strike at the first opportunity won't hesitate or wait for a fence to Help and will still give its all when things are going in the Deers favour and not the dogs.

A big one for me that hardly gets mentioned is dogs bieng half hearted on deer in cover. A Deers running style gives it a good advantage through long grass or brash the dogs gotta go through deer goes over.

Edited by C.green
  • Like 1

I think anything with abit of speed and stay should knock over a few roe or hares the odd unlucky fallow. Infact if you were doing a lot of deer Pre ban or within the law (bla bla bla) it could be a pain at times to keep the lurchers off them on the odd morning ferreting or out with terriers.

My own idea of a good deer dog is something strong size doesn't matter at all to me something that can find its quarry for itself without human help will run it through the open or in heavy cover will strike at the first opportunity won't hesitate or wait for a fence to Help and will still give its all when things are going in the Deers favour and not the dogs.

A big one for me that hardly gets mentioned is dogs bieng half hearted on deer in cover. A Deers running style gives it a good advantage through long grass or brash the dogs gotta go through deer goes over.

you don't have high expectations

Maybe Kieran but your more than welcome to come and show me and the scrap I own how it's done properly

thanks for the invite pal all defo take that up.a never said you have scarp or you don't do it properly just saying that taking the odd fallow and a dog that can find its own deer is not that hard to find.put a will say this pal my dog catchs in the day not at night.

Maybe Kieran but your more than welcome to come and show me and the scrap I own how it's done properly

thanks for the invite pal all defo take that up.a never said you have scarp or you don't do it properly just saying that taking the odd fallow and a dog that can find its own deer is not that hard to find.put a will say this pal my dog catchs in the day not at night.

As I said anything with abit of speed and stay should knock over a few. And yea your right finding the odd deer isn't hard finding 2 3 4 maybe 5 in a day be running them down in the cover is some task. As for day and night It doesn't come into it whenever i come accross one it gets a slip day or night doesn't matter to me.

As I said anything with abit of speed and stay should knock over a few. And yea your right finding the odd deer isn't hard finding 2 3 4 maybe 5 in a day be running them down in the cover is some task. As for day and night It doesn't come into it whenever i come accross one it gets a slip day or night doesn't matter to me.
Okay pm me sort a day out