venison lurchers.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not being funny, but surely anyone who's done enough lambing, especially bigger stuff, but even rabbits, will have had a dog catch out of the beam plenty of times. Granted, most bunny in flat fields w

There was deer & then there was DEER..90% of lurchers were capable of the smaller varieties yet only 10% would of been capable of the bigger types,single handed of course I'm talking here..All hyp

Rutting fallow,lot of power in these things,just been watching a fight that went on for 3 minutes from a distance of 10 feet sometimes.    

Posted Images

Think the trouble is with a lot of people is because they haven't seen it done themselves they don't believe it can be done I've never seen it done personally but believe it can be done and it has been done

Let's just say I've seen some big strong dogs in my time and I know men who was out deer hunting all the time and I mean doing serious numbers. For starters I doubt anyone would slip one dog on a stag and the hinds take serious dogs to pull them over.

What type of dog takes a red stag for those that have seen it if any have.its not the catching it's the stopping of them a find hard to believe.

It would take a super dog and a hell of a lot of help. One stag that we did had 2 dogs on it, it was rutting the Jeep when we pressed it up against the edge. I've seen a stag that was run around the field straight line a kids big Deerhound crosses, it cleared a dyke and left the dogs for dead.

Edited by DogMan85

What type of dog takes a red stag for those that have seen it if any have.its not the catching it's the stopping of them a find hard to believe.

It would take a super dog and a hell of a lot of help. One stag that we did had 2 dogs on it, it was rutting the Jeep when we pressed it up against the edge. I've seen a stag that was run around the field straight line a kids big Deerhound crosses, it cleared a dyke and left the dogs for dead.
a was thinking that tbh

2 dogs and a jeep on it did you catch it?

• Like 3

2 dogs and a jeep on it did you catch it?

Obviously but the dogs didn't pull it on themselves.

Seen a stag hit a galvanised gate flat out and knock it clean off it's hinges.step back.shake itself and f**k off.seen a big deer hound greyhound X bull greyhound get snagged up on front end and smacked up and down for 2 fields.the same dog never ran another f****r again.seen couple of good dogs pull a pricket .but still wasn't a easy task.but as I said before I've seen big lump dogs bounce off the big lads haa

• Like 2

Nothing's impossible when it comes to predators and prey fellas, you'd think it was impossible for a wolf to kill a bison single handed but it happens and the owners also there to put things in the dogs favour as much as possible aswel so if things all went to plan when it was legal obviously I think it could of been done ?

Nothing's impossible when it comes to predators and prey fellas, you'd think it was impossible for a wolf to kill a bison single handed but it happens and the owners also there to put things in the dogs favour as much as possible aswel so if things all went to plan when it was legal obviously I think it could of been done ?

a watched a thing with wolves a would say its totally different the wolves attack it together as they don't want to get injured they injury there prey then follow it as said totally different.what would owners do to turn it to the dogs favour explain it what dog was used etc