venison lurchers.

20 minutes ago, shaaark said:

Collie/grey x deerhound, 25 tts, a bit small mate?

That should be deer / grey x collie and I know , he never really grew !! But if i could find another like him now i would be delighted ran rings round my deer x grey in later life but started to take a couple of days to recover from a night out so retired him

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not being funny, but surely anyone who's done enough lambing, especially bigger stuff, but even rabbits, will have had a dog catch out of the beam plenty of times. Granted, most bunny in flat fields w

There was deer & then there was DEER..90% of lurchers were capable of the smaller varieties yet only 10% would of been capable of the bigger types,single handed of course I'm talking here..All hyp

Rutting fallow,lot of power in these things,just been watching a fight that went on for 3 minutes from a distance of 10 feet sometimes.    

Posted Images

50 minutes ago, runner neil said:

That should be deer / grey x collie and I know , he never really grew !! But if i could find another like him now i would be delighted ran rings round my deer x grey in later life but started to take a couple of days to recover from a night out so retired him

Deer/grey x collie/grey would've been a more useful dog. I've had a couple,  and they were pretty good at everything ?

• Like 1
On 08/02/2019 at 22:00, shaaark said:

Collie/grey x deerhound, 25 tts, a bit small mate?

The best lurcher of this breeding ive ever owned was a 25" bitch,caught more with her than ive ever done with anything ive owned since.When i stopped hunting rabbits as my main source of interest i stepped up the height with my lurchers and now prefer a Bitch at 27" and dogs a tad higher,when percentages come into the equation the extra height and weight certainly assists at times.

6 minutes ago, morton said:

The best lurcher of this breeding ive ever owned was a 25" bitch,caught more with her than ive ever done with anything ive owned since.When i stopped hunting rabbits as my main source of interest i stepped up the height with my lurchers and now prefer a Bitch at 27" and dogs a tad higher,when percentages come into the equation the extra height and weight certainly assists at times.

Not saying any different. Just that at 25" tts, a collie/grey x deerhound is a bit small, which it is

6 minutes ago, shaaark said:

Not saying any different. Just that at 25" tts, a collie/grey x deerhound is a bit small, which it is

Back in my halcyon days i bred them to level out at about 25" bitches and dogs a tad taller,i did far more bunny bashing then and it was basically edible fur and feather,at that time i put far,far more into the dogs and my time in the field.As the bunny faze held far less importance to me and the years went by i found that the extra inch or 4, at times,possibly made up for the little less i gradually put into my charges,id not breed them smaller now as i find the extra height and strength serves me better at this time in my lifes hunting cycle,it was a tad small back then.

• Like 1