All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. gnasher16

Title race

I agree with Chris its a generational thing we all think things were better back in our day im as guilty as the next man i preferred our game before Arab Sheiks,Russian oligarchs and Var came into the game....and as for all the box ticking black and female pundits it just makes me want to put my foot through the telly.....but on the pitch i think these are the best times we,ve ever had the quality of football and football excitement is far and away better than anything we,ve seen in any generation in my opinion.
  3. sid g

damp advice

nope just filling in the void in first pic since I removed the step the damp around the door reveals cleared up I chopped the plaster back to the brick sealed it and re plastered since then its been fine my problem now is really what to do next with the outside plan was to put waterproof membrane against the wall and back fill with pea gravel and decorative cobbles but not sure if this will work , be ok or is the right thing to do .
  4. sandymere

Whippet cross Deerhound

We were farmers and soon cleared the woodland once able. https://aeon.co/essays/who-chopped-down-britain-s-ancient-forests If there were once sight hounds, as there likely were at one time or another in this lands long history, they were likely from ancient stock and long gone.
  5. delswal

Boxing At The Weekend...

Which sports should allow steroids then Gnash? And how would one precipitant who does not take steroids keep the pace or compete with some who is taking a performance-enhancing drug? how do we keep a level playing field?
  6. Ive already cancelled jobs on an industrial estate for Monday for feral pigeons in a empty unit, mybe i should try for the RSPB/NATURAL ENGLAND JOB well pissed off this week dont think ive ever put so much on here in a few days iwm
  7. ArchieHood

damp advice

Are you replacing the step?
  8. WILF

Sunderland lamper jailed.

Can’t get my head round this small dog thing, whippets.....bull x whippets......22 inch this and 24 inch that. f**k all that, give me a big f***ing machine of a dog 27-28 inch.....they will marmalise almost anything in two seconds flat. I want to see a dog destroy stuff not have an 8 round fight !
  9. Meece

damp advice

On old properties the damp course may not be there or has broken down. the level of the damp course is often shown where there is a thicker pug layer between courses. Years ago they used slate which was a good damp course but over the years the soil level can build up to near or over This level. Years ago Footings weren't as deep as they are now and buildings slowly sunk into the ground just like on time team archaeological digs. This can be repaired by drilling holes in some of the bricks and liquid silicon pumped into the pours bricks which creates a new silicon damp course within the bricks. and reducing the height of soil against the outer walls. Ps ... Black Jack ! Not very pc. These days.
  10. Daniel cain

Norway

f**k that id be smoking buckets
  11. Caravan Monster

damp advice

Yeah, that could be part of the problem, the walls of older houses tend to draw up more wet from the ground because they didn't have dpc sheet and big good quality concrete foundations like moderns. Drafts and heating kept dampness out the walls, whereas modern ones are much more sealed from the ground. The sealed concrete floor might be causing all the wet under the house out to the walls because that is the only place it can evaporate from. The damp course blues are all that's stopping water getting sucked up the wall and it can probably still travel through the mortar joints and the snots that ended up in the cavity.
  12. RSPB AND NATURAL ENGLAND WORKING TOGETHER IN JOINT OFFICES IN LANCASHIRE AND YOU NEED PEST CONTROL EXPERIENCE Reference number: A0230419 Location: Lancashire Are you looking for a new challenge? Do you have excellent machinery and estate management skills? Are you passionate about saving nature? Can you help us deliver and develop our exciting partnership with Natural England? If so we would really like to hear from you! This is an exciting opportunity to join our small team managing the Ribble Estuary National Nature Reserve in a pioneering partnership with Natural England. The role is based at the RSPB Ribble Reserves office but includes time spent working from Natural England's NNR office. The Ribble Estuary is the second most important site in the UK for wintering wildfowl. The NNR covers most of the estuary, including extensive areas of mud and sand flats and one of the largest salt marshes in England. The NNR includes two RSPB Reserves within an RSPB Priority Landscape. Marshside Reserve, just to the north of Southport, covers 230 hectares of saltmarsh and 140 hectares of coastal grassland. Hesketh Out Marsh near Hesketh Bank has been recently extended to over 400 hectares. This saltmarsh reserve is one of the UK's largest managed realignment projects where RSPB have restored 340 hectares of farmland to saltmarsh over a 10-year period. In winter, both reserves support thousands of pink-footed geese, wigeon, teal, black-tailed godwits and other wildfowl and waders. Seven species of raptors can regularly be seen on most days in the autumn and winter. Avocet, lapwing and redshank are important breeding waders across the reserves, nesting alongside Arctic terns, black-headed gulls and a range of wildfowl species. In addition to the regular day to day maintenance tasks and wildlife monitoring, the post-holder will be expected to help develop our partnership with Natural England and assist with exciting grant-aided habitat improvement projects. The reserve management plan is in the process of renewal and you will be involved in shaping the new Joint NNR Partnership Management Plan. You will be expected to deliver a high standard of visitor care and provide a regular presence across the sites, engendering a feeling of security and stewardship and spreading our conservation message to a wider audience. You will maintain the reserves to a high standard and you should have experience of implementing maintenance works and running small-scale projects and be able to undertake wildlife monitoring with a reasonable degree of competence. You may also have experience of tractor-driving and pest control. You will have a regular volunteer force to help you achieve all of this and experience of working with volunteers will therefore be a key requirement of this post. This is a great opportunity to work on a world class wetland with a truly amazing bird spectacle. You will be able to develop your existing skills and experience and you will be given the support to develop new ones too. The RSPB is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to the appropriate safeguarding checks upon appointment. This role is covered by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act. You will be asked to declare unspent convictions and cautions at offer of employment stage. Salary starting at £19,602 to £21,236 per annum Hours & contract information Hours: Full time Contract: Permanent Closing date: 13 May 2019 Interview date: 20 May 2019
  13. Ted Newgent

Bad day for hunting

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-hampshire-48050361 https://twitter.com/ChrisGPackham/status/1121369400437817344/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1121369400437817344&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.bbc.com%2Fnews%2Fuk-england-hampshire-48050361
  14. billhardy

First cross bull whippets

Both very nice penda but I do say I like the dark brindle, atbbill
  15. sandymere

Whippet cross Deerhound

The beddy whippets would be in their element then!!
  16. LuckOrJudgement

Changes to the general license

It's a sad day. Hopefully sense will prevail. It's not the f***ing rain forest. Our UK countryside is a managed environment and the people being penalised by Packham are the ones who care most about conserving it and keeping it balanced.
  17. Foxpack 2

Bad day for hunting

18. sid g

damp advice

concrete .. I`ve got laminate over it
  19. Daniel cain

Introducing pup to rat

chwis packam
  20. Caravan Monster

damp advice

What sort of floor is it in the hall? Renovations in old houses when they put dpc sheet and screed or concrete floor in cause ground water to travel up the wall because it's the only way it can escape. Often the wet patches are around doors and fireplace openings. If it's still got a suspended floor, it's well worth checking the air bricks and the void under the floor are clear.
  21. Daniel cain

damp advice

you could try filling any cracks and knocking out old mortar then repointing the brickwork mate,maybe paint it with some 'black jack',use it in work on blockwork thats under the damp course,will stop anything penetrating
  22. W. Katchum

Rats

Really need to sort some rats out on a job I do. Folks don’t wanna use poison as lots wildlife, owls, an stoats an stuff about that don’t cause any harm an the folk like seeing them. Can use dogs on it now an again but 90%time we cant, it’s no great loss as the same folk give us plenty other land to use dogs so swings an roundabouts. anyways Iv never trapped a lot really so what’s me options, ideally wanna set a trap line that can be checked few tomes a day an easily reset hit me with it
  23. sid g

damp advice

got some water proof membrane is it worth putting some again the wall be before I back fill it ?
  24. Black neck

Whippet cross Deerhound

Had a fair few mammoth knocking about according to dy
  1. Load more activity